Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tired of talking about 2013 and before.....

The nfc north led by josh mccown, matt Flynn and insert name here for the Vikings is an even bigger joke. Stafford sucked...

I don't give two flying fucks what QBs led the North. The AFC South is the worst in the league and you could be a QB in that division and win 8 games lol

Ive gone thru it too many times before so I wont repost and do the rework.....but its ridiculous how many time weve been completely shut out of entire halves of games last year. Stafford isn't consistent enough. And no....I don't blame it on injuries.

Riffling the ball 3 feet over a guys outstretched arms who is 6'7'' has nothing to do with injuries. People wouldn't keep bringing up mechanics if that was a seldom thing....it happens ALL the time....in EVERY game. Which drops his comp %. Chalking it up to drops and injuries is not the problem.....and not fixable....he will always have drops. Stafford tends to get more drops than any other qb....cause he has no touch and bad footwork.

If Stafford was a top 11 qb last year....we would have been in the playoffs. Top 11 qbs don't lose 8 games in a row in multiple seasons....especially since youre saying were "very talented" or even better something LKP states often "we have no holes." A stacked team with no holes doesn't lose as much as we do....Reality is were not stacked and our qb has played very average. Mayhew has gone all in and has a rd 1 draft pick at basically every position on the offense now lmao......expectations are now out the window.....if you cant be ABOVE AVERAGE now then youre pretty much awful at your job.

I think last season's team had significant holes. I think Stafford with no touch and bad footwork (we agree) didn't help at times the games started to get away. I also watched enough other games to see QB's with better defenses getting better field position and getting the ball back when they had nothing to do with it.

The thread is about 2013 being dead. I agree. Jim Caldwell. Let yourself believe. He will deliver this team from the depths of what it was and arise from the ashes like the Phoenix (Cardinals in 2009). I don't know. I'm ashamed to admit LKP is getting me more excited for the season. I'm a sucker for optimism.

I don't give two flying fucks what QBs led the North. The AFC South is the worst in the league and you could be a QB in that division and win 8 games lol

fine lets look at head to head....luck beat us....aka....their team is better than ours and their qb is better than ours.

I think last season's team had significant holes. I think Stafford with no touch and bad footwork (we agree) didn't help at times the games started to get away. I also watched enough other games to see QB's with better defenses getting better field position and getting the ball back when they had nothing to do with it.

The thread is about 2013 being dead. I agree. Jim Caldwell. Let yourself believe. He will deliver this team from the depths of what it was and arise from the ashes like the Phoenix (Cardinals in 2009). I don't know. I'm ashamed to admit LKP is getting me more excited for the season. I'm a sucker for optimism.

The phoenix also spontaneously explodes into flames and turns to ash....something Detroit has done in back to back years.....so I applaud you on your word choice and how it accurately portrays our team.

we haven't done much to address the significant holes we had last season...which in my opinion were:

secondary - did nothing to improve the secondary unless youre doing addition by subtraction - Houston
depth - we have no depth so LKP will again blame every loss we have on injuries
Pass rush - were hoping Ansah turns into a stud DE....right now hes on the PUP.

Last edited:
Didn't say he wasn't a top ten pick though. Only that Reese got turned off by him because of his attitude lol.

Yeah just for a talking point, the Giants may have passed on him if he was there at 12. Scary attitude stuff, he doesn't come off as a dick in the interviews I've watched but I have attitude concern PTSD from Titus.

nice job mayhew!

Lions concerned over Suh deal

Updated: July 24, 2014, 5:27 PM ET
By Michael Rothstein | ESPN.com
Comments(7)
Email
Print
Comments7
Email
Print
InsiderSubscribe

For the first time, there appears to be concern about whether the Detroit Lions will actually reach a deal for a new contract with defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh.

A team source told ESPN's Chris Mortensen the team is not optimistic a deal will happen before training camp begins Monday. Veterans are scheduled to report Sunday.

Suh's contract negotiations have been one of the biggest issues for the Lions this offseason. Due to restructuring on his original rookie contract, he is due $22.4 million against the salary cap this season. Furthermore, if the Lions are unable to re-sign him, they would have to decide whether or not to use the franchise tag on him for the 2015 season, which would come at a cost of $26.7 million.

[+] EnlargeNdamukong Suh
AP Photo/Duane BurlesonThe Lions are concerned they won't be able to reach a deal on a new contract with defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh before training camp starts Monday.

This is the first shift in the Lions' stance toward being able to bring Suh back. Throughout the first few months of the offseason, both team president Tom Lewand and general manager Martin Mayhew expressed confidence they would be able to sign Suh to an extension and also said Suh indicated to them he wanted to remain in Detroit.

"Ndamukong has said he wants to stay and we want him to stay," Lewand said in March. "Generally when that happens, you can get a deal in place."

Lewand's statements came a few weeks after Mayhew said at the NFL scouting combine he anticipated a deal being finalized with Suh on "the eve of the start of the new league year, which is when free agency starts or some time shortly after the start of the new league year." Neither one of those things has happened.

One of the initial complications in reaching a deal with Suh was a change in his representation. He fired Relativity Sports, who negotiated his first contract, in January. Almost two months later, he signed with one of the top agents in the NFL, Jimmy Sexton.

Suh appeared to back up Mayhew and Lewand's claims the lone time he spoke about his upcoming contract situation, saying he chose to come to Detroit when he was selected with the No. 2 pick in the 2010 draft.

"I think I said this from the very, very first day I got drafted," Suh said in May. "I'm here for a reason. I had an opportunity, probably a lot of you guys don't know, could have gone elsewhere when I was drafted. I had that decision in my hands -- I chose not to take because that's just the way I saw it. The same thing when I went to Nebraska. I wanted to be a part of something that wasn't just already set up or on its way to getting better, and I want to be one of the cornerstones of it.

"That's what I see myself in Detroit, being one of the cornerstones, getting this organization back to a championship level and like coach Caldwell said, we're not in a rebuilding year, we're in a year of going to get a championship and that's what I want to be here for."

Suh has been a major piece of Detroit's defense since 2010. He has played in 62 games for the Lions, registering 185 tackles along with 27.5 sacks. He has often faced double teams throughout his four years in the league and Lewand said in March they built their defense around a strong defensive line. Suh is the anchor to that.

The phoenix also spontaneously explodes into flames and turns to ash....something Detroit has done in back to back years.....so I applaud you on your word choice and how it accurately portrays our team.

we haven't done much to address the significant holes we had last season...which in my opinion were:

secondary - did nothing to improve the secondary unless youre doing addition by subtraction - Houston
depth - we have no depth so LKP we again blame every loss we have on injuries
Pass rush - were hoping Ansah turns into a stud DE....right now hes on the PUP.

Secondary can be better if Slay takes a next step. Something to watch at least? It can also be better if the pass rush is improved. I see you have that below. I'm glad to see Delmas gone because I hated waiting until Friday to see if he was gonna suit up and see if he could play on Sunday.

Depth - I think there is some at RB but perhaps I'm buying what Bush is selling on Reddick. O line has some depth. TE has depth...hehe...No depth on Defense they are lucky to have a full crew of NFL caliber starters.

Pass Rush - The PUP thing on Ansah was disheartening to say the least. I want to believe this pass rush will be better! Suh is in a contract year now as is Fairley. They might do something special.

If you pay 27 million, 1 year for ANY DT in the league, you are a terrible GM.

But I forgot, we are lucky to have him. He could have demanded a trade on draft day. Bow at the altar.

Last edited:
Ive gone thru it too many times before so I wont repost and do the rework.....but its ridiculous how many time weve been completely shut out of entire halves of games last year. Stafford isn't consistent enough. And no....I don't blame it on injuries.

Riffling the ball 3 feet over a guys outstretched arms who is 6'7'' has nothing to do with injuries. People wouldn't keep bringing up mechanics if that was a seldom thing....it happens ALL the time....in EVERY game. Which drops his comp %. Chalking it up to drops and injuries is not the problem.....and not fixable....he will always have drops. Stafford tends to get more drops than any other qb....cause he has no touch and bad footwork.

If Stafford was a top 11 qb last year....we would have been in the playoffs. Top 11 qbs don't lose 8 games in a row in multiple seasons....especially since youre saying were "very talented" or even better something LKP states often "we have no holes." A stacked team with no holes doesn't lose as much as we do....Reality is were not stacked and our qb has played very average. Mayhew has gone all in and has a rd 1 draft pick at basically every position on the offense now lmao......expectations are now out the window.....if you cant be ABOVE AVERAGE now then youre pretty much awful at your job.

Blaming Stafford for a player dropping a pass because of his touch and footwork is pure ignorance. Wtf does footwork have to do with some putz catching a football? Explain this please. And stop with the "Stafford has no touch" bullshit. You say the Stafford nut huggers come up with excuses for the kid? Wow, is that a doozy! You're in the NFL, catch the fn football. Weakest argument ever.....footwork and touch.....lmfao.

fine lets look at head to head....luck beat us....aka....their team is better than ours and their qb is better than ours.

Nah....Stafford did his job. I was at that game LIVE. 150% of the defenses fault letting Indy score on that last minute drive.

And by your assinine assessment, if a TEAM beats another team, that means the QB of the team that won is automatically better? Baaaaaaaahahahahaaaa!! Is that right?!?!

Last edited:
Yeah just for a talking point, the Giants may have passed on him if he was there at 12. Scary attitude stuff, he doesn't come off as a dick in the interviews I've watched but I have attitude concern PTSD from Titus.

He does seem a lot immature. I have him on Facebook and all he was posting for awhile, like everyday was shoes lol. Every single day, a new pair for like 2 months straight. Then he went on a jewelery kick for a bit. He's young, rich and cocky with some attitude. He thinks he's the man and i don't have a problem with it though.....just show it on the field.
The one problem i had with him was him hanging out with Manziel. That dude is trouble.

Fair is =tonyballs;469981]Blaming Stafford for a player dropping a pass because of his touch and footwork is pure ignorance. Wtf does footwork have to do with some putz catching a football? Explain this please. And stop with the "Stafford has no touch" bullshit. You say the Stafford nut huggers come up with excuses for the kid? Wow, is that a doozy! You're in the NFL, catch the fn football. Weakest argument ever.....footwork and touch.....lmfao.[/QUOTE]

2 plays come to mind....pettigrew on a 1 yard out. Stafford throw a missle behind him at the back of his head so fast that pettigrew has to duck out of the way. Pick 6. Bush wide open in the flat....no one within 20 yards of him.

Fauria settles in a nice window about 10 yards down field to the right of staff....staff fires it....hes wide open. Fauria is is 6'7''. Fauria leaps as high as he can with outstretched hands and the ball goes off his fingertips....interception...we lose to the giants. Way to suck stafford!

nice job mayhew!

Lions concerned over Suh deal

Updated: July 24, 2014, 5:27 PM ET
By Michael Rothstein | ESPN.com
Comments(7)
Email
Print
Comments7
Email
Print
InsiderSubscribe

For the first time, there appears to be concern about whether the Detroit Lions will actually reach a deal for a new contract with defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh.

A team source told ESPN's Chris Mortensen the team is not optimistic a deal will happen before training camp begins Monday. Veterans are scheduled to report Sunday.

Suh's contract negotiations have been one of the biggest issues for the Lions this offseason. Due to restructuring on his original rookie contract, he is due $22.4 million against the salary cap this season. Furthermore, if the Lions are unable to re-sign him, they would have to decide whether or not to use the franchise tag on him for the 2015 season, which would come at a cost of $26.7 million.

[+] EnlargeNdamukong Suh
AP Photo/Duane BurlesonThe Lions are concerned they won't be able to reach a deal on a new contract with defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh before training camp starts Monday.

Nice job, Mayhew???? For what??

This is the first shift in the Lions' stance toward being able to bring Suh back. Throughout the first few months of the offseason, both team president Tom Lewand and general manager Martin Mayhew expressed confidence they would be able to sign Suh to an extension and also said Suh indicated to them he wanted to remain in Detroit.

"Ndamukong has said he wants to stay and we want him to stay," Lewand said in March. "Generally when that happens, you can get a deal in place."

Lewand's statements came a few weeks after Mayhew said at the NFL scouting combine he anticipated a deal being finalized with Suh on "the eve of the start of the new league year, which is when free agency starts or some time shortly after the start of the new league year." Neither one of those things has happened.

One of the initial complications in reaching a deal with Suh was a change in his representation. He fired Relativity Sports, who negotiated his first contract, in January. Almost two months later, he signed with one of the top agents in the NFL, Jimmy Sexton.

Suh appeared to back up Mayhew and Lewand's claims the lone time he spoke about his upcoming contract situation, saying he chose to come to Detroit when he was selected with the No. 2 pick in the 2010 draft.

"I think I said this from the very, very first day I got drafted," Suh said in May. "I'm here for a reason. I had an opportunity, probably a lot of you guys don't know, could have gone elsewhere when I was drafted. I had that decision in my hands -- I chose not to take because that's just the way I saw it. The same thing when I went to Nebraska. I wanted to be a part of something that wasn't just already set up or on its way to getting better, and I want to be one of the cornerstones of it.

"That's what I see myself in Detroit, being one of the cornerstones, getting this organization back to a championship level and like coach Caldwell said, we're not in a rebuilding year, we're in a year of going to get a championship and that's what I want to be here for."

Suh has been a major piece of Detroit's defense since 2010. He has played in 62 games for the Lions, registering 185 tackles along with 27.5 sacks. He has often faced double teams throughout his four years in the league and Lewand said in March they built their defense around a strong defensive line. Suh is the anchor to that.

Nice job, Mayhew???? For what???

Nah....Stafford did his job. I was at that game LIVE. 150% of the defenses fault letting Indy score on that last minute drive.

And by your assinine assessment, if a TEAM beats another team, that means the QB of the team that won is automatically better? Baaaaaaaahahahahaaaa!! Is that right?!?!

Never said that...I said luck is better than stafford and indy is better than us.

Fair is =tonyballs;469981]Blaming Stafford for a player dropping a pass because of his touch and footwork is pure ignorance. Wtf does footwork have to do with some putz catching a football? Explain this please. And stop with the "Stafford has no touch" bullshit. You say the Stafford nut huggers come up with excuses for the kid? Wow, is that a doozy! You're in the NFL, catch the fn football. Weakest argument ever.....footwork and touch.....lmfao.

2 plays come to mind....pettigrew on a 1 yard out. Stafford throw a missle behind him at the back of his head so fast that pettigrew has to duck out of the way. Pick 6. Bush wide open in the flat....no one within 20 yards of him.

Fauria settles in a nice window about 10 yards down field to the right of staff....staff fires it....hes wide open. Fauria is is 6'7''. Fauria leaps as high as he can with outstretched hands and the ball goes off his fingertips....interception...we lose to the giants. Way to suck stafford![/QUOTE]

I'll give you the Fauria throw but the Pettigrew example is weak as shit. Petts ducked out of the way!! Who does that? And you crucified Pettigrew after he did that. Now you're blaming Staff? Buddy, you're reaching lol

Back