Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tired of talking about 2013 and before.....

UOTE]

Meh...could be interesting. Hilton, Wayne, Fleener all ahead of him on go-to guys IMO. He'll be fighting with Rogers and Nicks for playing time probably. If he can't beat out Rogers or Nicks is he dogshit? Of course Hughes will say no.

UOTE]

Meh...could be interesting. Hilton, Wayne, Fleener all ahead of him on go-to guys IMO. He'll be fighting with Rogers and Nicks for playing time probably. If he can't beat out Rogers or Nicks is he dogshit? Of course Hughes will say no.

I know hed get more PT here than Samsonite.

He does seem a lot immature. I have him on Facebook and all he was posting for awhile, like everyday was shoes lol. Every single day, a new pair for like 2 months straight. Then he went on a jewelery kick for a bit. He's young, rich and cocky with some attitude. He thinks he's the man and i don't have a problem with it though.....just show it on the field.
The one problem i had with him was him hanging out with Manziel. That dude is trouble.

Most of these dude are a bit immature. As long as he doesn't start saying he's better than Calvin we should be all right. Yeah stay away from good ol Johnny 8ball.

Last edited:
Lying....told us all deal would be done prior to the draft. Sucks at his job...

I don't even know why dumb and dumber would be optimistic. You eliminated the franchise tag...a worlds first as a GM/president. I said way back at the beginning of the offseason no way will he resign without testing FA.

I don't even know why dumb and dumber would be optimistic. You eliminated the franchise tag...a worlds first as a GM/president. I said way back at the beginning of the offseason no way will he resign without testing FA.

why would he? hed have to be dumb lol. maydumb completely took the ball out of his own court....then ran it over like 4 times.....then tried to play ball.

Doesn't help when your superstar DT tells the world he wants to stay.

That's what I'm saying. Every QB has WRs that drop passes on them. Sometimes WRs catch balls they shouldn't.

I'm glad we have Stafford over some of the other QB's in the league. I'm still curious where you rank him though. Here is my list for you (and all) to shred:

1. Peyton Manning
2. Drew Brees
3. Tom Brady
4. Aaron Rodgers
5. Andrew Luck
6. Russell Wilson
7. Phillip Rivers
8. Colin Kaepernick
9. Joe Flacco
10. Matt Stafford

Numbers 5-9 are sort of in order but I wouldn't fight against them being changed around. RGIII is a notable omission, I don't know what he'll be this season so I'm holding off on him. I'm looking at what these QB's could do with the tools the Lions have. I think Mayhew has assembled a talented offense and any of these QB's could have a good season here.

I'll admit I started him at 14 but kept moving him up because forget Matt Ryan and Eli Manning. It is 2014 and I think Stafford will throw a better ball to better players this year than those other guys. So I'm a homer now too with Stafford in my top 10. Pass the Kool-Aid!

1 Manning
2 Rodgers
3 Brees
4 Brady
5 Rivers
6 Luck
7 Wilson
8 Roethlisberger
9 Kaepernick
10 Ryan
11 Romo
12 Cutler
13 Newton
14 Stafford
15 Dalton
16 Foles
17 Griffin

13-16 are all pretty close

Yeah, when athletes talk about how much they love a city or how devoted they are, you basically need to tune them out. It's about money. I think the whole "I could have demanded a trade" comment really showed how little he cares about where he plays. If he wants to be here, a deal would have been done yesterday and they can move on without the drama that seems to follow this guy.

Yeah, when athletes talk about how much they love a city or how devoted they are, you basically need to tune them out. It's about money. I think the whole "I could have demanded a trade" comment really showed how little he cares about where he plays. If he wants to be here, a deal would have been done yesterday and they can move on without the drama that seems to follow this guy.

Agreed. Will be nice to get out from under the weight of that salary number. There is just too much money tied up in DT with him on the roster. I think he chuckled when they non-tendered Fairley.

Lions should have the two most determined DTs in the NFL for 2014.

Yeah Fairley and Mosley's contracts are up this year along with Suh. Mayhew's plan seems to be "come on Caraun Reid".

Even if the Lions won the SB (which won't happen), they'll draft a hybrid TE/WR with the 32nd pick, because those types of players are needs.

Even if the Lions won the SB (which won't happen), they'll draft a hybrid TE/WR with the 32nd pick, because those types of players are needs.

Not a need anymore. Need filled. Check.

This is the year. They are undefeated! You gotta feel it. It's too close to starting for negativity. It's the Lions and pre-season hasn't started. Of course they are gonna win the Superbowl. I've felt that way for too long to change now.

My honest opinion is that they will be fun to watch. I didn't think that last season and I'll admit I missed games during the skid because it just wasn't interesting football. I think Schwartz was a big part of that. 11-5! Caldwell is worth three wins in my book as long as he doesn't storm out of practice and ride out on his Harley.

We'll take a DT with the 32nd pick. No big deal.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if that's Mayhew's plan. It certainly was in 2012 and we all know how that turned out.

Back