Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tired of talking about 2013 and before.....

Scoring more in 1 year has no bearing on your w/l record. Youre an idiot for believing that.

Then what exactly does Payton do? That's the whole point of offense to score points. You made it seem like Payton made the difference. And then I proved you wrong. Clearly he didn't if they scored more in 2012. You are a complete idiot hughes. Payton has very little to do with Saints D as an offensive guru.

And I showed you what Rob Ryan did. 31st in pass D to 2nd in pass D.

Discussion continued.

Hughes thinks Payton fixed the Saints defense. LMFAO.

Last edited:
And if you think a guy like Drew Brees needs coaching to make him better this late in his career. Then you have to admit Caldwell fixed Peyton and Staffords ints are going to reduce with better coaching. Lions on the way to 11-12 wins.

Then what exactly does Payton do? That's the whole point of offense to score points. You made it seem like Payton made the difference. And then I proved you wrong. Clearly he didn't if they scored more in 2012. You are a complete idiot hughes. Payton has very little to do with Saints D as an offensive guru.

And I showed you what Rob Ryan did. 31st in pass D to 2nd in pass D.

Discussion continued.

Hughes thinks Payton fixed the Saints defense. LMFAO.

TOP doesnt help a defense? Extending drives? Less short fields? C'mon lkp....you should know this better than anyone since you always blame these things on our shitty defense. Short term memory much? Lkp pwned yet again.

And if you think a guy like Drew Brees needs coaching to make him better this late in his career. Then you have to admit Caldwell fixed Peyton and Staffords ints are going to reduce with better coaching. Lions on the way to 11-12 wins.

Payton calls tge plays you effing moron lol.

Offense was slightly worse in 2013
Defense was massively improved in 2014

Payton has worked in offensive roles his entire career, I'd like to know what he did, specifically, to improve the defense.

If you polled the 80 guys on the team what the difference was between losing a shit ton of games and tgen winning a shit ton of games....you think they will say rob ryan over sean payton?

If you polled the 80 guys on the team what the difference was between losing a shit ton of games and tgen winning a shit ton of games....you think they will say rob ryan over sean payton?

That's why I'm asking, I don't know. Payton's presence alone isn't enough to sway me, I want to know more of what he did to cause the 4-win shift. Since the defense was vastly improved and there was both a change at D coordinator and scheme, I'd tend to lean toward that being the main reason.

Payton calls tge plays you effing moron lol.

And they scored more in 2012 you effing moron. Without Payton calling plays. He was at home because the Saints are dirty bounty gate cheaters.

And Payton doesn't call the defensive plays. Hughes owned as always.

Morons would think the Saints offense was much better in 2013. They weren't.

Going from 31st pass D to 2nd is all Rob Ryan.

That's why I'm asking, I don't know. Payton's presence alone isn't enough to sway me, I want to know more of what he did to cause the 4-win shift. Since the defense was vastly improved and there was both a change at D coordinator and scheme, I'd tend to lean toward that being the main reason.

I'll tell what he didn't do. Score more points. And hughes thinks it all Payton. But clearly the Saints made defensive changes too.

The argument is that a head coach alone could get you 3 or more wins. The Saints didn't stricly just get Payton back. They made a huge defenses change. Yet hughes is blind to that.

Same with Detroit. It won't just be Caldwell. It will be our defensive switch to Austin too.

TOP doesnt help a defense? Extending drives? Less short fields? C'mon lkp....you should know this better than anyone since you always blame these things on our shitty defense. Short term memory much? Lkp pwned yet again.

With more scoring drives, means more TOP for the Saints. In 2012. Saints defensive rebound was Rob Ryan. It's clear.

Saints allowed 19 PPG under Rob Ryan. 4th in league.

Saints allowed 28.4 PPG in 2012 on defense. 31st

Clearly it was a defensive turn around for 4 wins since the Saints scored less offensive points in 2013. The defense improvement has very little to do with Sean Payton. But hughes go ahead and be a moron and ignore Rob Ryan and the scheme change on defense. Payton doesn't know shit about a 3-4.

Last edited:
I'm confused..what side is LKP on?

It's more than just a head coach. Hughes thinks Payton fixed the Saints. He's wrong because they scored less points in 2013 and clearly Rob Ryan did some great things for that defense too. Going 31st to 4th in PPG allowed. That says it all, not Payton scoring less points.

Also

It wasn't just Rob Ryan. I'm not saying Payton did nothing. But it's more the combo than just Payton like hughes said.

Carmichael held their own offensively with my man Lombardi chipping in. And Brees is pretty self sufficient at this point. The Saints DC blew chunks in 2012.

And even with Harbaugh. They added Fangio as DC and added Whitner and Carlos Rogers(when he was good) and rookie stud Aldon Smith in 2011 for a turn around. Singletary didn't have all that.

Harbaugh got Alex Smith to game manage with the best of them though.

Morons would think the Saints offense was much better in 2013. They weren't.

Going from 31st pass D to 2nd is all Rob Ryan.

No one is talking about the offense being better you idiot.....if you think the presence of having your head coach there the entire year doesn't make a difference your a fucking moron....

No one is talking about the offense being better you idiot.....if you think the presence of having your head coach there the entire year doesn't make a difference your a fucking moron....

It wasn't Payton alone you moron. That is what you said originally. Clearly Rob Ryan turned that defense around along with a scheme change. Payton is an offensive guy. Stop being dumb hughes.

And I said it was a combo. You said it was Payton alone.

Last edited:
New Orleans last year....end of discussion.

This is why you are a moron hughes. Then you rambled on about Ryan in Dallas that has nothing to do with 2013 Saints.

Rob Ryan is a huge reason for the turn around.

Saints allowed 19 PPG under Rob Ryan. 4th in league.

Saints allowed 28.4 PPG in 2012 on defense. 31st

Clearly it was a defensive turn around for 4 wins since the Saints scored less offensive points in 2013. The defense improvement has very little to do with Sean Payton. But hughes go ahead and be a moron and ignore Rob Ryan and the scheme change on defense. Payton doesn't know shit about a 3-4.

so you agree that the best way to increase your wins is to improve your defense?

Back