Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trade Deadline

I know they might have an abundance of SP but Fuld, really. They guy you had earlier and waived..?

Last edited:
I think Castellanos loses all value if he plays anywhere but 3B. He doesn't have the offense to be a corner OFer. Never did. It is rare for a player to improve their OPS and/or Walk Rate from the Career Minor League numbers (prior to full callup and minus rookie/GCL) to their Career Major League numbers. There are rare exceptions (Miguel Cabrera and/or Torii Hunter), but they are RARE...

Castellanos has been playing a level or so above his age group the whole way, personally I'd take that into consideration when trying to extrapolate his minor league numbers.

Same was probably true of Cabrera and Hunter, in regards to playing above their level.

Your giving up on Nick C already?

Giving up on? As a 3B yes, he's terrible. Probably worse than Cabrera was.

As a player? No. But I also think if we need to make a significant trade, he's probably a piece were going to need to throw in, either now or the off season.

Twitter is abuzz, and Tim K is reporting that the Tigers are hot on David Price??!!

Twitter is abuzz, and Tim K is reporting that the Tigers are hot on David Price??!!

Do we have what it takes to get him? I'm probably more sour than most on our ml system but curious what we'd give up.

That being said I'd be thrilled only 28 and not a fa until '16.

Well the ol reliable Kurkjian (or however you spell it) was blowing smoke too, he said it on air. Not sure if that was the source he was using.

Price would be nice to have, but again...he not what we NEED.

We have been losing games lately because of a flat offense, we need an impact bat, not just for this year either. we cannot trade all our resources for a pitcher that wont be here next year. There can be no debate over this.

Castellanos has been playing a level or so above his age group the whole way, personally I'd take that into consideration when trying to extrapolate his minor league numbers.

Same was probably true of Cabrera and Hunter, in regards to playing above their level.

So has Xavier Bogaerts and a few other young players and they have had far better OPS and walk rate than Castellanos.

I understand he is still young enough. But with a non-walk rate/don't work the count climate the Tigers MLB team offers, I don't see Castellanos improving unless you change the climate (hitting coach/organizational philosophy).

We have been losing games lately because of a flat offense, we need an impact bat, not just for this year either. we cannot trade all our resources for a pitcher that wont be here next year. There can be no debate over this.

Make them throw in Zobrist and Longoria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe Joyce!!!!! and Mcgee!!!!

Agree. Hunter will be gone, no loss. If JD becomes JD we might need two OF.

Last edited:
Agree. Hunter will be gone, no loss. If JD becomes JD we might need to OF.

Vmart could be gone!

Who knows what he'll get offered after the numbers he's putting up this year.

That means we could lose #1 and #3 in HR power this year.

Plus Scherzer will probably be gone from the rotation.

Vmart could be gone!

Who knows what he'll get offered after the numbers he's putting up this year.

That means we could lose #1 and #3 in HR power this year.

Plus Scherzer will probably be gone from the rotation.

I have been saying it for a while...the future does not look very bright for this organization.

At this point, I'd rather them be the Marlins. They haven't won a title since 84. Getting smacked around in the WS and losing in the ALCS doesn't do it for me anymore. Win that title, suck for 5 years, don't care just get it done.

Back