Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trade Deadline

I don't want to be the Marlins.

win it all then suck for a decade.

I don't either but that seems to be the plan. I expect DD and maybe more importantly Mike I. Are getting a bit anxious that they don't have one here ..

Agree. Hunter will be gone, no loss. If JD becomes JD we might need two OF.

Don;t be shocked to see VMart bolt for a big-time three year contract somewhere and Hunter extend for another season as our new DH.

Not saying it will happen. Just noting the unexpected often occurs with Dombrowski.

Don;t be shocked to see VMart bolt for a big-time three year contract somewhere and Hunter extend for another season as our new DH.

Not saying it will happen. Just noting the unexpected often occurs with Dombrowski.

True. But if that does happen we'd still need two outfielders. Our offense needs some new blood.

90 minutes left to make something (useful) happen DD....

Last edited:
Sorry posted on wrong thread. Tigers discussed a three team trade to bring Price to Detroit (mlive)

I would trade Porcello and the Erie Seawolves for David Price.

Some heads are going to explode in about 70 minutes when the Tigers announce that they have traded for David Price.

If I had to guess I'd say Porcello and Smyly goes back to the pen. I don't think Smyly and whoever would get a Price.

We aren't going to get Price without giving up a SP. Unless it's a 3 team trade, and the other team gives up a SP, then we would have to give up a solid position player.

Smyly was also a part of the talks the Tigers had with the Red Sox about Lackey.

Back