Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trade Deadline

If we get Price Smyly is going to be gone. I hope we can land Bastardo from Philly also if this happens

We aren't going to get Price without giving up a SP. Unless it's a 3 team trade, and the other team gives up a SP, then we would have to give up a solid position player.

Sounds like they were trying to work Seattle in on the trade last week.

@jcrasnick reported, Andrew Miller to Orioles. Sox getting back 21-year-old lefty Eduardo Rodriguez, sources confirm.

Considering the Tigers don't have a prospect ranked in the same ball park as Rodriguez, it's easy to see why Detroit didn't get Miller.

Last edited:
Would the Rays take Smyly and Castellanos? Move Cabrera back to 3rd. Put Victor at 1st. Torii becomes full time DH.

Would the Rays take Smyly and Castellanos? Move Cabrera back to 3rd. Put Victor at 1st. Torii becomes full time DH.

What will they do with Nick? Unless they want to move Longo.

Just looked at his contract, I doubt they move Longoria.

Last edited:
@jcrasnick reported, Andrew Miller to Orioles. Sox getting back 21-year-old lefty Eduardo Rodriguez, sources confirm.

Considering the Tigers don't have a prospect ranked in the same ball park as Rodriguez, it's easy to see why Detroit didn't get Miller.

Well it could have been done as a two for one deal, but I'm glad it didn't.

What will they do with Nick? Unless they want to move Longo.

Just looked at his contract, I doubt they move Longoria.

Well, they need outfield help. Nick can play LF.. not well.. but he can play it. They need offense badly, and pairing Nick with Wil Myers alongside veteran Longoria could really help them.

Back