Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Would you guys be for/against trading out of the 1st round?

While I'm not content with Stafford's QB play, taking into account the status of his contract, now is not the time to invest anything more than a 5th or higher into a QB that wouldn't see the field unless Stafford threw 15 picks in 4 games.

They had the same start to their careers. Stafford had an outstanding year. Mayhew watched the tape.

Stafford thru his first 6 years has way better numbers than tom brady. that doesn't make him a better qb. And anyone that thinks that is fucking retarded.

Who gives two shits about stats? Brady had three flippin super bowls in first six years. Stafford had one of his best seasons last year but his stats were down. Its about winning and never compare the two ever until Stafford wins something, which he won't.

Last edited:
Who gives two shits about stats? Brady had three flippin super bowls in first six years. Stafford had one of his best seasons last year but his stats were down. Its about winning and never compare the two ever until Stafford wins something, which he won't.

I'm sorry, what?

lol. Bryce Petty? A guy with accuracy issues in college. That's your solution?

you take things too literally sometimes. Your question is who can we get that is better. He was only better than like 9 qbs last year. That's pretty easy to find someone that can live up to those standards. And theyd be a hell of a lot cheaper.

Oh sorry, forgot that our drafts have been so damn successful, they can't DARE use a 2nd or 3rd rounder on a potential future QB. Nah, just let Stafford sit on his throne and not have to worry about anything.

Last edited:
Oh sorry, forgot that our drafts have been so damn successful, they can't DARE use a 2nd or 3rd rounder on a potential future QB. Nah, just let Stafford sit on his throne and not have to worry about anything.

So, let's say you draft a QB in the 2nd/3rd round. Let's take an even bigger leap and say the Lions draft a QB that is better than Stafford by his 2nd year. You're either going to have Stafford on the bench with a cap hit of 20+ million or you're going to cut him and have 11+ million in dead money.

It just doesn't seem feasible to me to draft a QB high this season. You'd have to be pretty damn certain that the guy you're taking is "The One". I just don't see it.

There isn't even a QB in this draft that is worth it in the 2nd round, unless one of the top 2 fall and that is highly doubtful. Hell I don't even think they will be great QB's.

So, let's say you draft a QB in the 2nd/3rd round. Let's take an even bigger leap and say the Lions draft a QB that is better than Stafford by his 2nd year. You're either going to have Stafford on the bench with a cap hit of 20+ million or you're going to cut him and have 11+ million in dead money.

It just doesn't seem feasible to me to draft a QB high this season. You'd have to be pretty damn certain that the guy you're taking is "The One". I just don't see it.

Nothing wrong with grooming aday 2 or 3 guy to compete in 2 or 3 years. If stafford continues with his top 23 play you just d9nt extend him....anyone can be a top 23 qb.

I wouldnt do it this year personally....neither will the sissy cats. Knowing mayhew he'll extend him even if he regresses further.

Last edited:
While I'm not content with Stafford's QB play, taking into account the status of his contract, now is not the time to invest anything more than a 5th or higher into a QB that wouldn't see the field unless Stafford threw 15 picks in 4 games.

It's the most important position. If you have a chance to improve it you do it. If a second rounder motivates Stafford to play better than its worth it. If Stafford continues to be a 20th ranked QB, you have someone that can possibly take over in 2016.

Not like we got much out of our draft last year, so it's not anymore of a waste of money.

I would feel more comfortable with a second round 2nd year guy vs a 1st round rookie starting in 2016. Although the QB class looks deep in 2016, so might be worth it if we get another Meh season from our QB.

A 11 million cap hit from cutting him and second round salary is less than Stafford 2016 cap hit.

Last edited:
I feel like none of you have looked at what QBs are available in the draft this season. It's like you want to just grab the best QB available in the 2nd/3rd and hope for the best. The QB class is extremely weak this season. Not taking a QB isn't a glowing recommendation of Stafford but a shitty condemnation of this QB draft class.

I'd take Kellen Moore and his bench experience in the NFL over the QBs in this draft. And I have no faith in Moore.

Last edited:
I feel like none of you have looked at what QBs are available in the draft this season. It's like you want to just grab the best QB available in the 2nd/3rd and hope for the best. The QB class is extremely weak this season. Not taking a QB isn't a glowing recommendation of Stafford but a shitty condemnation of this QB draft class.

I'd take Kellen Moore and his bench experience in the NFL over the QBs in this draft. And I have no faith in Moore.

Ill defend my statement ....i did say if he continues to be ranked 23rd in the nfl. And yes i think you can find a qb in any rd of any draft that can be that shitty. And they shouldnt be worth 100 mil. Drew stanton could be a 23rd ranked qb.

Theres so much blame to go around that caldwell seems to get none. But what the fuck does that guy do? Lombardi fucked up the offense, stafford fucked up running the offense.....caldwell did nothing to fix it. Some offensive guru he is. I have a feeling baltimore is quietly chuckling under their breaths that hes gone.

Ill defend my statement ....i did say if he continues to be ranked 23rd in the nfl. And yes i think you can find a qb in any rd of any draft that can be that shitty. And they shouldnt be worth 100 mil. Drew stanton could be a 23rd ranked qb.

Stanton's QBR was actually higher than Stafford's last year.

And they could also end up with the 30th ranked. One hell of a dice roll considering the holes they have elsewhere.

And they could also end up with the 30th ranked. One hell of a dice roll considering the holes they have elsewhere.

We aren't a legitamite Super Bowl team with what we have now. Sometimes you just need to roll the dice.

We got a good number of breaks last year (7 road games, easy schedule, dumb coaching calls by other teams, fortunate penalty giving us another kick and a win) we ended as a 6 seed.

We know in 2015 we only have 7 road games, but those other breaks may not surface. We need to find a way to elevate the QB or have another option in 2016.

I'm sorry, what?
I was backing him up and pointing out the oblivious... Brady superbowls less stats 1st 6 yr, Stafford 6 years, lots of yards but last year, less stats better results.

The only guy better than Stafford in this draft is Winston but we don't draft first

We aren't a legitamite Super Bowl team with what we have now. Sometimes you just need to roll the dice.

We got a good number of breaks last year (7 road games, easy schedule, dumb coaching calls by other teams, fortunate penalty giving us another kick and a win) we ended as a 6 seed.

We know in 2015 we only have 7 road games, but those other breaks may not surface. We need to find a way to elevate the QB or have another option in 2016.

So what QB do the Lions take in the 2nd/3rd with your dice roll?

Back