Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Would you guys be for/against trading out of the 1st round?

this is what I love about this nitwit.....in his last 3 posts hes said a combined:

no one can get open
we don't have a run game
Stafford is average at best
we have no depth
oline isn't good or deep
need moar weapons

yet hes trying to defend this team and will defend mayhew at all costs. lol, its hilarious to watch.

have to put some of that on Lombardi too.....we don't run deep routes. Then ill put some on mayhew.....we don't have deep threats. Weve turned calvin into a guy that just runs 7 yard slants the entire game. Not sure if its his age, injuries or what...but he hasn't been a downfield threat.

Its the main reason I didn't like the tate signing.....we needed someone that can stretch the field. Tate does a masterful job working underneath and creating YAC. But defenses can still "pack it in" knowing no one is going to take the top off.

I was on record saying davante adams, martavious bryant and dante moncrief would all out produce our top 10 blue chip match up nightmare......it wasn't even close. All of them were better options for our offense than the turd we ended up with.

And yes we should compare him to WR stats when all he does is run routes and is picke din the top 10.

Ebron can and will stretch the middle of the field. Nobody cares who you wanted.

Moncrief and Adams were Fuller-esque. Bryant had character issues but had the TDs. Lions need a deep threat or Fuller to step up.

Tate was clearly better than all 3 of them combined. We needed a Tate and a deep threat and someone to strech the middle. We got 2 of the 3 and relied on Fuller in year 2. Now we might get a new guy for a deep threat.

The whole game plan is take away Calvin killing people deep. That's how teams defend us. So we take less shots.

this is what I love about this nitwit.....in his last 3 posts hes said a combined:

no one can get open
we don't have a run game
we have no depth
oline isn't good or deep
need moar weapons

yet hes trying to defend this team and will defend mayhew at all costs. lol, its hilarious to watch.

All injury related. We could have a run game with health to Bush, Warford, Waddle/Lucas last year. It was multiple injuries. We got rid of Bush (age/injury decision) so we need a new back though now.

Stafford is a good QB. The tape shows that.

We do have depth. Some of that depth got hurt though too. Hilliard for instance. No team has depth in every positioin either. After the draft, I'll tell you where we are thin and deep.

We need a deep threat or Fuller to step up. You said that too.

With health, Stafford can be protected and have run support. With health, Stafford and Lions will have 3 good weapons this year. And with health, Stafford's stats will show what the tape shows, he is a very good QB.

And we went 11-5. You were dead wrong on Mayhew.

Last edited:
Only you can come up with a way to make Calvin Johnson, one of the best WRs in football, a detriment to Stafford.

In 2013 Lions had better RB production than Seattle. Seattle won the superbowl.

So great o-line protection and productive running game (2 of 3), yet still below average season in 2013. So if you use his 2014 argument in 2013, that would point to a poor season by Mr. Kelly B Hall.

So now looks like the LKP deflection will need to find a new way to justify 2013, which more likely than not point to why Mr. KBH was poor in 2014. Endless cycle.

no one can get open
we don't have a run game
we have no depth
oline isn't good or deep
need moar weapons

It's actually pretty simple... The Lions of the last 6 years were simply the unluckiest team to ever exist.

Concentrated injuries
Refs
Blizzards
Unexpected insanity
Greedy players
Hot teams
Fumble recovery rates

SB talent every year, it's nobody's fault.

Last edited:
In 2013 Lions had better RB production than Seattle. Seattle won the superbowl.

So great o-line protection and productive running game (2 of 3), yet still below average season in 2013. So if you use his 2014 argument in 2013, that would point to a poor season by Mr. Kelly B Hall.

So now looks like the LKP deflection will need to find a new way to justify 2013, which more likely than not point to why Mr. KBH was poor in 2014. Endless cycle.

4.3 YPC for Seattle in 2013. 4.0 YPC for Detroit. Lynch is clearly better than Bush/Bell.

It's wasn't a great run game for Stafford for 6 games in 2013. Very poor in 6 games actually (Waddle injury or Bush injury).

Stafford did have good protection and he had 29 TDs, great on 3rd down and was great with the offense in 2013. Great PFF rating too. And that's just with decent run game, not good.

2013 Stafford didn't have weapon support other than Calvin/some Bush, no run game for 6 games due to injuries, and his weapons turned the ball over like crazy. Lions had 15 fumbles lost.

Also 2013, Seattle had a healthy top defense. 2014 Lions had a relativley healthy top defense. Seattle won due to defense.

Last edited:
It's actually pretty simple... The Lions of the last 6 years were simply the unluckiest team to ever exist.

Concentrated injuries
Refs
Blizzards
Unexpected insanity
Greedy players
Hot teams
Fumble recovery rates

SB talent every year, it's nobody's fault.

We went 11-5 and got screwed by the refs out of a true win. Stafford and defense carried us even with a ton of Oline, RB, TE and WR injuries.

4.3 YPC for Seattle in 2013. 4.0 YPC for Detroit. Lynch is clearly better than Bush/Bell.

It's wasn't a great run game for Stafford for 6 games in 2013. Very poor in 6 games actually (Waddle injury or Bush injury).

Stafford did have good protection and he had 29 TDs, great on 3rd down and was great with the offense in 2013. Great PFF rating too. And that's just with decent run game, not good.

2013 Stafford didn't have weapon support other than Calvin/some Bush, no run game for 6 games due to injuries, and his weapons turned the ball over like crazy. Lions had 15 fumbles lost.

Also 2013, Seattle had a healthy top defense. 2014 Lions had a relativley healthy top defense. Seattle won due to defense.

Running back production is what I'm talking about. Reason why Seattle looked higher is because Russel Wilson is a talented runner, Stafford is not so much.

2013 Lions RBs: 400 carries for 1690 yards (4.23 YPC) 13 TDs
2013 Seattle RBs: 402 carries for 1613 yards (4.01 YPC) and 12 TDs

Running back production is what I'm talking about. Reason why Seattle looked higher is because Russel Wilson is a talented runner, Stafford is not so much.

2013 Lions RBs: 400 carries for 1690 yards (4.23 YPC) 13 TDs
2013 Seattle RBs: 402 carries for 1613 yards (4.01 YPC) and 12 TDs

And you forgot to mention they had a healthy defense and Detroit was full of defensive injuries. Wilson can run, he can't pass very well. They won because of defense. And he did have run support.

And you forgot to mention they had a healthy defense and Detroit was full of defensive injuries. Wilson can run, he can't pass very well. They won because of defense. And he did have run support.

Not the point. You said Stafford could put up great stats with great oline play and good running game. He had that in 2013, still was only average at best. Bush was better than Lynch.

Apparently he needs top defense, great oline play, Good running game and good "weapons". You know what QB you described...Every QB in the NFL can be success with that.

Of course you point to PFF for 2013, to justify his play. But then discredit 2014 PFF that ranks him as one of the worst.

There is only one year for Stafford that is an abnormality. Why should we think that is the one year that is the true stafford and all the other ones are not?

Stafford was not average in 2013. He was good.

And even without a run game (6 games). Stafford went 144/227 63.4% 8 TDs and 1 pick in those 6 games in 2013 where Lions had 3.4 YPC or less in each of those 6 games. He carried us but we went 1-5 because we couldn't run the ball.

100, 101, 95. Yeah, he's a horrible passer.

Who do you suggest they bring in then, buddy?? Tell me who the fk is available OR was available. Because we're lucky to be one of the few teams in the NFL that has a QB.

Stafford was not average in 2013. He was good.

And even without a run game (6 games). Stafford went 144/227 63.4% 8 TDs and 1 pick in those 6 games in 2013 where Lions had 3.4 YPC or less in each of those 6 games. He carried us but we went 1-5 because we couldn't run the ball.

Ok...that must mean he went:

227/407 55.8% 21 Tds and 18 picks in games he had a great running game and great oline play in 2013....hmmm

Tony, that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the response to LKP.

He says: Russell Wilson can't pass
I say: Yes he can, he is statistically a good passer.

And you say... Who should they bring in??

Come on man. I know you get angry with the Stafford haters like myself who expect more from the #1 overall pick, but that has 0 to do with this little topic.

Who do you suggest they bring in then, buddy?? Tell me who the fk is available OR was available. Because we're lucky to be one of the few teams in the NFL that has a QB.

By that logic..who was available that we could sign in 2014 that was better than Reggie Bush. Does that mean we were lucky to have him on the team in 2014?

Tony, that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the response to LKP.

He says: Russell Wilson can't pass
I say: Yes he can, he is statistically a good passer.

And you say... Who should they bring in??

Come on man. I know you get angry with the Stafford haters like myself who expect more from the #1 overall pick, but that has 0 to do with this little topic.

It's just a question. Of course you can't answer it.....

By that logic..who was available that we could sign in 2014 that was better than Reggie Bush. Does that mean we were lucky to have him on the team in 2014?

Logic? Lucky? Excuse me??And yes, we were somewhat lucky to have Reggie on the team last year. He's a dynamic RB at times who has the ability to take it to the house at any times. He was coming off like 1,500 all purpose yards the year before.

Next question?

Back