Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2020 - 2021 Free Agents and Offseason Moves

https://totallytigers.wordpress.com/2021/02/06/the-saturday-survey-120/
THE SATURDAY SURVEY.
Totally Tigers

The Saturday Survey offers the opportunity to weigh in on a relevant topic.
So here is a poll to gauge the pulse of our passionate readers.
Today, we center the discussion on the Tigers? 3 major league free agent signings.
As always, we welcome your comments, so please vote and then submit your reasons (4 sentences max!) for how you voted in the usual comment box. Don?t forget to come back later and view the results!

MLB and its owners presented an offer to the Players? Association to delay the season this year. Their goal? They want fans in the stands as much as possible this year so revenue may be generated. They offered players 154 games with full pay instead of the 162-game season.
However, the current CBA already guarantees the players full pay no matter how many games are played in 2021.
The current proposal would run into mid-November with more double-headers and fewer days off. It would put increased pressure on the players and create concerns over a ramped-up schedule in which the risk of players becoming exhausted ? and injured ? would grow.
The players, on the advice of their lawyers, turned down the offer because it would put them at a legal disadvantage this season and set precedents in favor of the owners ahead of the upcoming CBA negotiations. Agreeing to MLB?s offer would allow the Commissioner to interrupt or cancel the season at any point which would also either prorate or cancel the players? salaries.
The players? biggest concern, however, involves their already-implemented training schedule. Delaying the season would once again force them to shut down and then ramp up again, increasing injuries and surgeries. Last year, when this happened, record numbers of players, especially pitchers, became injured and had season-ending surgeries.
Should baseball return to a normal schedule for the players? sake? Or should the season be delayed because of the pandemic and the owners? need to earn revenue?

With whom do you side?
1. Owners

2. Players

3. It's a tie

4. I'm torn
VOTE

These additional players will participate in mini-camp at TigerTown:
C Brady Policelli
C Cooper Johnson
RHP Nolan Blackwood
RHP Drew Carlton
RHP Ethan DeCaster
RHP Jason Foley
RHP Wladimir Pinto
RHP David McKay
RHP Andrew Moore
RHP Logan Shore
LHP Miguel Del Pozo
LHP Robbie Ross

https://totallytigers.wordpress.com/2021/02/06/question-of-the-week-86/
QUESTION OF THE WEEK.
Totally Tigers

It?s time again to hear from our readers! Today is the day to let us know what you?re thinking on a selected topic.
Sunday is the one day of the week where we open up the comment parameters for you so you can get those juices flowing.
Comments on THIS DAY ONLY can be expanded to a maximum of 8 sentences.
We can?t wait to get your thoughts on the following topic.

Given the ongoing health crisis and the current market conditions, how do you view the signing of Jonathan Schoop?

He should have at least mentioned JV in this article. The man got a 2 year $66M contract to pitch one game. That's a pretty good deal.

After winning 20 games and winning the Cy Young. Yup, let's compare that to Bauer. Oh, and there is no predicting injuries and HOU is more than likely covered by insurance (they aren't publicly saying).

After winning 20 games and winning the Cy Young. Yup, let's compare that to Bauer. Oh, and there is no predicting injuries and HOU is more than likely covered by insurance (they aren't publicly saying).

and...does that change the fact that JV pitched in one game?

Last I looked, Bauer won the Cy Young and is 7 years younger than Verlander.

Good for JV, fleecing the cheating Astros.

The cheating SP who cheated the cheating Astros.

I think that it's axiomatic that ballplayers do whatever they can get away with to gain an edge and are willing to pay the consequences of getting caught. It's been like this since the game became a profession. But when you are calling out others as you yourself cheat, that's a different sort of denial.

What I "admire" about Bauer is his fearlessness in pointing out the shenanigans. He's somewhat of a modern-day Jim Bouton/Mike Marshall.

I think that it's axiomatic that ballplayers do whatever they can get away with to gain an edge and are willing to pay the consequences of getting caught. It's been like this since the game became a profession. But when you are calling out others as you yourself cheat, that's a different sort of denial.

What I "admire" about Bauer is his fearlessness in pointing out the shenanigans. He's somewhat of a modern-day Jim Bouton/Mike Marshall.

So far because at one time JV would point those things out tell everyone he's against it. That's what I hate this so much. But then ballplayers go to a system that does this sort of thing and don't speak up. They only do so once they're gone from the team.

1/3 of season = one full season

Back