Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2022 Off-Season

I doubt he makes the team. Since the end of the 2018 season, he has played in one game and had 3 catches. I'm not sure if he has ever played TE.

Might as well take a shot with Funchess

Revitalized Charles Harris and Josh Reynolds. Why not Funchess as like TE 3. Battle it out with Wright and Zylstra who did not impress at mini camp or OTAs at all

Might as well take a shot with Funchess

Revitalized Charles Harris and Josh Reynolds. Why not Funchess as like TE 3. Battle it out with Wright and Zylstra who did not impress at mini camp or OTAs at all

Reynolds had 19 catches for 306 yards with the Lions last year.

Gave him a shot to get significant minutes/targets? Yes.

Revitalized? No.

Funchess played 1 game in '19 and none since. He's just a off-season body.

Funchess played 1 game in '19 and none since. He's just a off-season body.

As off-season body with some theoretical upside. Logan Thomas was once considered an off-season body and hes turned into a really good TE for Washington.

Funchess has some intriguing field stretching tools as a TE (Jermichael Finley body type).

Honestly I wouldn't expect him to make the roster and most likely he never amounts to anything. Could be a great practice squad addition and developmental player. May carve out a role in 2023 after a little more time leanring the new position.

I would say he is a better low cost flyer than most.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1556984729148301312?s=20&t=Z4UoKugFCP_Gngdpj0EqNg

Roquan Smith requesting a trade. Worth a call, but highly unlikely the Bears trade him here.

Just saw that. Definitely worth a call. I know the Bears would be very unlikely to deal within the division, but who knows how serious his request is?

Could be a win win if the Bears are just looking to stockpile picks for the next couple years.....knowing they're going to be terrible.

Back