Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2023 NFL Draft

I would drop 40 players from this team now.

Goff, Brockers, Vaitai, Romeo Okwara cap cuts (4) gaining 44.5 million in cap space

Chark, Jamaal Williams, Mike Hughes, Anzalone, Evan Brown, Chris Board, Josh Woods, Deshone Elliot, Nate Sudfeld, Justin Jackson, Isiah Buggs, Will Harris, Oruwariye, Dan Skipper, Ju Ju Hughes, Austin Bryant, Matt Nelson, Bobby Price (18) all free agents

So that is 22 players right there. Probably bring back Price cheap for Special Teams

And then of course the practice squad will remain off the roster

Cabinda, Stenberg, Greg Bell and Cephus could be cut too but are cheaper players worth one more camp look I'm sure

Awosika, Benito Jones, Kraemer, Tom Kennedy, Brock Wright, Anthony Pittman (ST), Scott Daly all ERFAs (7). Bring back Daly and Wright I'm sure and maybe Kraemer and Awosika since super cheap. And Pittman for ST. And Kennedy is pre-season darling worthy of practice squad always

Last edited:
Sewell, Ragnow, Jonah Jackson, Swift when he plays, Reynolds actually this year, Decker, I'd say Jamaal Williams based on the numbers, St Brown and being 9th in PPG offense. Goff at home is good, Goff on the road sucks but he isn't the future. And then of course Jameson Williams is all potential.

Defense Okudah, Rodriguez have been above average league wide. Hutch and Paschal big potential but the rest of the defense will be the focus in the 23 offseason. Still hoping Hutch can be a game wrecker too. And McNeil has been in his career but more average this year I would say. Charles Harris when healthy can be an above average to good starter too.

Mike LB, CB2, nickel CB, SS, one more pass rushing DT (given Levi being so injured) are the biggest holes clearly

You?re right, we may have, at best, a handful of players playing at an average starting level. Not much above average w the exception of St. Brown and a top 10 pick playing RT.

My point has been, these guys aren?t developing to potential. Hock should?ve been a top 4-5 TE, Okudoh top 10-15 CB even w injury. This staff hasn?t been able to take C players and turn them into B players. They have never taken a B player and developed them into an A player. We have damn near the same roster as last year and we get the same results. Nobody is improving. If we?re so good at developing players, why have we been the worst organization the past 5 years?

Hock was 5th in te receiving yards and 4th in tds. So he was a top 5 te

I don't care. TE in top 10 are just stupid.

And it doesn't matter if he's top 5 or 10 TE (for a year), but he's not a top 10 player.

Last edited:
I don't care. TE in top 10 are just stupid.

And it doesn't matter if he's top 5 or 10 TE (for a year), but he's not a top 10 player.

It's just not a smart decision to draft a TE that high unless he has special pass catching skills. Like Kyle Pitts......and even then it's risky.

It's just not a smart decision to draft a TE that high unless he has special pass catching skills. Like Kyle Pitts......and even then it's risky.

Hock has 120 more yards than Pitts and one more TD

Hock has 120 more yards than Pitts and one more TD

Pitts had a 1000 yards his first year, Hock didn't have that in two. Regardless I would draft any TE that high. You might as well draft a WR, and even then its not worth it.

Take away one game and he isn?t top five. Plus he grades out subpar in blocking. That said
I?m sure he tears it up in Minnesota. Former lions seem to thrive after leaving the Fords.

Last edited:
Take away one game and he isn?t top five. Plus he grades out subpar in blocking. That said
I?m sure he tears it up in Minnesota. Former lions seem to thrive after leaving the Fords.

That's a fallacy. Some don't even the ones that do it's short lived, Ebron has 84 yards this year in 8 games. Stafford is Lionesque this season. Marvin Jones did worse. Ansah after leaving Lions, nothing special. Abdullah nothing. I could go on but you get the idea.

That's a fallacy. Some don't even the ones that do it's short lived, Ebron has 84 yards this year in 8 games. Stafford is Lionesque this season. Marvin Jones did worse. Ansah after leaving Lions, nothing special. Abdullah nothing. I could go on but you get the idea.

Stafford isn't the best example since he won a Super Bowl and played really really well

Diggs
Slay

Both did allright. I?m sure there are others but then again we are a crappy franchise maybe we just draft so poorly. I seem to remember
Some linebacker for New England who won a few of Super Bowls Van Noy. He did alright after getting out of Detroit.

Last edited:
Ndamukong Suh, Pat O?Connor, Jeremiah Ledbetter, and Drew Stanton.All won Super Bowls for Tamp bay . I guess only Suh was a big deal.

Diggs
Slay

Both did allright. I?m sure there are others but then again we are a crappy franchise maybe we just draft so poorly. I seem to remember
Some linebacker for New England who won a few of Super Bowls Van Noy. He did alright after getting out of Detroit.

Van Noy was better but only because he sucked here. SB don't mean jack, I mean come on Drew Stanton. He was terrible.

Pat O'Connor, lol. Jeremiah Ledbetter, lmao. Suh was better with Detroit.

Last edited:
how's he doing this year?

Absolutely nothing. But, somewhat in his defense, that team is not good. They have 2 superstars both beginning the down side of their careers (Donald, Ramsey), a QB that is doing the same.....a superstar slot WR and a bunch of average and below average players.

They should have traded them all this year. Seriously. They are about to begin a HUGE rebuild and probably have the LEAST amount of draft capital in the NFL over the next 5 years. That is a bad position to be in.

It's going to be really bad for them soon.

Absolutely nothing. But, somewhat in his defense, that team is not good. They have 2 superstars both beginning the down side of their careers (Donald, Ramsey), a QB that is doing the same.....a superstar slot WR and a bunch of average and below average players.

They should have traded them all this year. Seriously. They are about to begin a HUGE rebuild and probably have the LEAST amount of draft capital in the NFL over the next 5 years. That is a bad position to be in.

It's going to be really bad for them soon.

Better than anything the Lions had while he was here..

Better than anything the Lions had while he was here..

I won't really argue that. The 2011 team had a the offense to be a Super Bowl contender....but that defense was awful.

2014 team probably their most talented. Stafford, Austin and Caldwell really fucked up that Dallas game. Refs did, too. That was their best shot at division title and a playoff win since '95.

I like the direction we're headed. I do. Call me crazy. Do we need to do some off season work on the defense....absolutely. It is just so void of talent.

Back