Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2023 NFL Draft

Jamaal needs to be resigned and I think that happens pretty quickly. Chark is a no from me. He'll want a 3-4 year deal and I think we can bring someone in that has a similar skill set for a LOT cheaper.

There's really not that many solid outside the hash stretch the field wrs in FA. 5 names jumped out at me:

Sterling Shephard
Allen Lazard
Juju Smith shuster
Paris Campbell
Zach pascal

Most of these guys will be similarly priced on the market im assuming. Lazard may be more.

Pascal could be a bargain but has never had the production. Could he produce more if given the chance?

When you look at this list of guys my first inkling is either Resign Chark or wait for more guys to get released.

Last edited:
There's really not that many solid outside the hash stretch the field wrs in FA. 5 names jumped out at me:

Sterling Shephard
Allen Lazard
Juju Smith shuster
Paris Campbell
Zach pascal

Most of these guys will be similarly priced on the market im assuming. Lazard may be more.

Pascal could be a bargain but has never had the production. Could he produce more if given the chance?

When you look at this list of guys my first inkling is either Resign Chark or wait for more guys to get released.

Paris Campbell is fast, but he's a slot receiver. Juju is worthless.

Chark all depends on price. Same as Jamaal

Injury concern last 2 seasons now though which could make him cheaper but not many good fa wrs out there

In order to not add a wr in draft, chark resign kind of needed. Cephus oft injured amd Kalif is fast but not Chark due to size. Jameson is a y and slot and st brown a slot. Reynolds a y

Sterling Shephard
Allen Lazard
Juju Smith shuster
Paris Campbell
Zach pascal

New name hit the market today. Robbie Anderson was cut.

Facebook Courtland Sutton to Detroit trade rumor. He's got 3 years left at 13mil a year. Not sure who would be responsible for the restructure bonuses which is another 2+ mil a year.

Facebook Courtland Sutton to Detroit trade rumor. He's got 3 years left at 13mil a year. Not sure who would be responsible for the restructure bonuses which is another 2+ mil a year.

Broncos would be responsible for that. Upgrade over Chark

I?d take my chances and sign OBJ.

Anderson was awful with the Cardinals after the trade. He also changed his name to Chosen. I don't know if he fits the Lions culture and I don't think he is an X receiver either.

Malcontent. And not good enough to be one. Had a meltdown on the sidelines. Was ejected from a Panther game by his HC, Steve Wilks. Then traded the next day.

Last edited:
Malcontent. And not good enough to be one. Had a meltdown on the sidelines. Was ejected from a Panther game by his HC, Steve Wilks. Then traded the next day.

Because he basically wasn't part of the offense. I'd take him to fill Chark's role. He'd be a lot cheaper.....and has the same style of game as DJ. Tall and really fast.

Because he basically wasn't part of the offense. I'd take him to fill Chark's role. He'd be a lot cheaper.....and has the same style of game as DJ. Tall and really fast.

Not a tru X really. And also did terrible with Cardinals. You don't think he would pout again with Lions running and Jameson/St Brown being the focal point. Also he will want as much as Chark I'm sure

Chicago trades #1 to Carolina for 9th overall pick, the 61st overall pick, a 1st in 2024, a 2nd in 2025.and DJ Moore.

Great trade for the Bears. Wouldn?t be surprised if they get the #1 pick next year from the Panthers. Lol

Last edited:
Less likely someone trades pick 6 for a qb now

Wasn?t likely anyway. If someone wanted to move up for a QB, they weren?t going to wait for pick#6.

Wouldn?t be surprised to see someone trade up to #3.

4 wont go before 6

Panthers qb
Texans qb
Cardinals...
Colts qb
Seahawks...
Lions

So if raiders, falcons, jets, titans, packers, Washington, TB go into the draft needing a qb... it's only going to take 1 trade up now. I don't think that's very far fetched. Heck ari might even take a qb. Murray blows and will be injured half the year minimum.

Last edited:
Panthers qb
Texans qb
Cardinals...
Colts qb
Seahawks...
Lions

So if raiders, falcons, jets, titans, packers, Washington, TB go into the draft needing a qb... it's only going to take 1 trade up now. I don't think that's very far fetched. Heck ari might even take a qb. Murray blows and will be injured half the year minimum.

If Anderson Jr or Carter is the guy Holmes likes, wonder what Arz would want for #3?

The more I think about the Bears trade the better it is for them.

I?ll be in Vegas for March Madness. Might have to slap a future on Chi winning the North. Fields, multiple picks in the top 75, most cap space in the NFL and they just got a legit #1 WR.

Back