Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2023 NFL Draft

There's about 6 picks I wouldn't mind at 6. Carter, Anderson, skoronski, Paris Johnson, Christian Gonzalez, Devon Witherspoon.

There's about 6 picks I wouldn't mind at 6. Carter, Anderson, skoronski, Paris Johnson, Christian Gonzalez, Devon Witherspoon.

What I don?t like about Carter is the bad work ethic stories. He also didn?t really dominate at the college level. Add in the maturity issues and I don?t think the rewards outweigh the risks.

What I don?t like about Carter is the bad work ethic stories. He also didn?t really dominate at the college level. Add in the maturity issues and I don?t think the rewards outweigh the risks.

We need a stud 3 tech. There wont be any loafers under campbell. They will weed out if he is

If he falls to 6, you got to think about it and I think I could talk myself into it

If they went cb or trade, fine there too

We will see on free agency first but doubt we get a hargrave

We need a stud 3 tech. There wont be any loafers under campbell. They will weed out if he is

If he falls to 6, you got to think about it and I think I could talk myself into it

If they went cb or trade, fine there too

We will see on free agency first but doubt we get a hargrave

We need a lot of things. CB, S, ILB, OLB, DT, DE, G, RB, TE, WR. As far as ?positional need? goes, we can?t go wrong w our (2) 1st and (2) 2nds.

Not sure how we?ve been a non playoff team for the past 5yrs and still don?t have a young QB to build around and have every position a need outside of tackle. pathetic. We did make Fox the highest paid punter at one point. Smh

Almost forgot. Kicker is a need too.

Last edited:
We need a lot of things. CB, S, ILB, OLB, DT, DE, G, RB, TE, WR. As far as ?positional need? goes, we can?t go wrong w our (2) 1st and (2) 2nds.

Not sure how we?ve been a non playoff team for the past 5yrs and still don?t have a young QB to build around and have every position a need outside of tackle. pathetic. We did make Fox the highest paid punter at one point. Smh

Almost forgot. Kicker is a need too.

We have a top 5 offense though
Dont need a guard if vaitai returns

So we need defense and even that started to turn the corner. Even starting okudah/jacos/harris, rookie safety/elliot, rookie will/aa, rookie good open end, mcneil, scrub buggs, cominsky/paschale and houston. 20.2 ppg final 10

We should be in good shape with goff/top 5 offense and developing defense. Plus draft capital and fa money to add more draft capital

Carter, cb pick 18, mike lb round 2, hooker, guard depth draft
Resign cominsky or equivalent, reisgn jamaal, fa nickel cb, and resign elliot or equivalent and win the north

Kicker round 5 or sign matt gay

So we need defense and even that started to turn the corner. Even starting okudah/jacos/harris, rookie safety/elliot, rookie will/aa, rookie good open end, mcneil, scrub buggs, cominsky/paschale and houston. 20.2 ppg final 10

We should be in good shape with goff/top 5 offense and developing defense. Plus draft capital and fa money to add more draft capital

Resign cominsky or equivalent, reisgn jamaal, fa nickel cb, and resign elliot or equivalent and win the north

Tricks are for kids buddy. Easy to put up numbers when you give up 40+ any given Sunday.

I wanted a LB to step up and be the guy at 18 out of Trenton Simpson or Drew Sanders. I'm not sure either one of them should go that high.

That pick is going to be interesting. For the value I think I like Bijan Robinson at 18. For the need I think I like S Antonio Johnson. Or if there's a stud you can plug in at RG still on the board.

Tricks are for kids buddy. Easy to put up numbers when you give up 40+ any given Sunday.

Lol bad defense is not how good offense works

Lions gave up 20.2 ppg last 10..not even close to 40

Lions top 5 offense with Goff. He is the guy for 2023

I wanted a LB to step up and be the guy at 18 out of Trenton Simpson or Drew Sanders. I'm not sure either one of them should go that high.

That pick is going to be interesting. For the value I think I like Bijan Robinson at 18. For the need I think I like S Antonio Johnson. Or if there's a stud you can plug in at RG still on the board.

RB in the 1st?I can?t get on board. I?d take a Quenton Johnson, Smith-Njigba, Addison or who ever else before I think about RB in the 1st.

Last edited:
Top 5 offense, bottom 5 defense. Even with new math that comes out to average. But it also doesn't mean we'll be top 5 in '23-'24. And Goff had very good games but he also had some very bad games. The last 9 win team we had we won 6 the following year.

I feel better now.

My backup QB I'd go get, Jaren Hall BYU. Not sure where he's protected but I'd take him. 6th round maybe.

Last edited:
Bears could be a trade partner for the lions. My guess is the want that LT from NW. 6 would be a good place to grab him

As long as we address every level of the defense through the draft and free agency, I'm fine with whatever Brad and company do. With that being said here is my preference for the draft.

#6 Jalen Carter, DT
#18 Joey Porter Jr, CB
#48 Jack Campbell, LB
#55 Hendon Hooker, QB
#81 Jordan Battle, S

As long as we address every level of the defense through the draft and free agency, I'm fine with whatever Brad and company do. With that being said here is my preference for the draft.

#6 Jalen Carter, DT
#18 Joey Porter Jr, CB
#48 Jack Campbell, LB
#55 Hendon Hooker, QB
#81 Jordan Battle, S
Didn't realize we had that many picks / it's still Detroit no one wants to come here. Willingly.

Reactions: 503
I do think there?s a fairly good chance 4 QBs go before the Lions pick. So you?ll get Anderson or Carter in that case. Wilson if only 3 go.

I do think there?s a fairly good chance 4 QBs go before the Lions pick. So you?ll get Anderson or Carter in that case. Wilson if only 3 go.

We have a proactive GM that lacks patience in the draft. If Anderson Jr or Carter is his guy, he?ll move up.

We have a proactive GM that lacks patience in the draft. If Anderson Jr or Carter is his guy, he?ll move up.
A proactive GM that has not improved the defense. I guess he has patience there..

Back