Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

***Cowboys Talk***

Beez said:
tycobb420 said:
Romo is a stat compiler that puts up good stats when it does not matter. When the pressure's on, Romo disappears. QBs I'd take over Romo: Rodgers, Brady, Manning, Manning, Kolb, Stafford, Flacco, Brees, Cutler, Hasselback, Sanchez, Campbell, Rivers, Vick, Bradford, McCoy, Big Ben, Cassel, Ryan

Your opinion no longer matters. That list is an absolute joke driven by hate for Romo instead of talent evaluation. CUTLER he says! Matt "we want the ball we're gonna score" Hasselbeck at age 90... Sanchez????, CAMPBELL? Kolb and Stafford? Bradford n Mccoy? What credentials do these guys have? They have none. Did you not see all of the crunch times stats I posted? This is fucking idiocy at its finest. Dont just throw up random names if you dont have reasoning behind them.

Romo has no credentials....no hate here...although I wonder if you aren't Romo's girlfriend....maybe you're opinion is the one that does not matter.

While I am at it...Eric Hipple, Scott Mitchell, 50-yr old Dan Marino...

tycobb420 said:
Beez said:
Your opinion no longer matters. That list is an absolute joke driven by hate for Romo instead of talent evaluation. CUTLER he says! Matt "we want the ball we're gonna score" Hasselbeck at age 90... Sanchez????, CAMPBELL? Kolb and Stafford? Bradford n Mccoy? What credentials do these guys have? They have none. Did you not see all of the crunch times stats I posted? This is fucking idiocy at its finest. Dont just throw up random names if you dont have reasoning behind them.

Romo has no credentials....no hate here...although I wonder if you aren't Romo's girlfriend....maybe you're opinion is the one that does not matter.

Romo has all pro numbers which is more than the rest of those clowns you listed. You can spit on his playoff success all you want but at the end of the day, 75% of the league starters would kill to have his numbers, ability and success.

Romo's girlfriend...that was a good one. Next time I'll say something about your chin smelling like Stafford's nuts instead of providing actual numbers to back up my arguement. That'll show you.

Beez said:
tycobb420 said:

Romo has all pro numbers which is more than the rest of those clowns you listed. You can spit on his playoff success all you want but at the end of the day, 75% of the league starters would kill to have his numbers, ability and success.

Romo's girlfriend...that was a good one. Next time I'll say something about your chin smelling like Stafford's nuts instead of providing actual numbers to back up my arguement. That'll show you.

Problem is you can't prove me wrong until Romo wins a superbowl....no amount of anal ease will help you this time!

Romo, 2 ints in his last 23 games where the team is leading or tied. (This stat after Sundays game)

I AM proving you wrong..thats not the problem. We've established Romo makes mistakes. I'm not disputing that. I'm disputing the arguements that he's not a top qb in the league. Dallas would be searching a very long time to find a qb as talented as he is that can put them in position to win as many games as he does.

1.Brady
2.Manning
3.Rodgers
4.Brees
5.Romo
6.Rivers
7.Ben

If you wanna put Ben and Rivers in front of him I can understand that. You would have an arguement at least. It's logical. But there is no denying this guy is somewhere in that 5-7 range of the 32 starters. Not everyone can have the best qb in the league, or a potential hall of famer. It just doesnt work like that. A superbowl doesnt make you a better QB than another guy. If Manning didnt have a superbowl he'd still be better than everyone not named Brady. (Not that Brady is everyones number 1 but he's mine)

I love how everyone is ignoring the "crunch time" stats I posted up too. You guys are good at this.

Career in last 2 min. of half/game.
210/338 (62%) 21 tds 9 ints

Boy he sure does suck when his team needs him.

Career in Redzone
152/260 (58%) 72 tds 10 ints

Sure would hate to have this guy when I get in scoring position and need a td.

Beez said:
Career in last 2 min. of half/game.
210/338 (62%) 21 tds 9 ints

Boy he sure does suck when his team needs him.

Career in Redzone
152/260 (58%) 72 tds 10 ints

Sure would hate to have this guy when I get in scoring position and need a td.

You just showed it. From the red zone to last two minutes he regresses.

I would consider Romo a top 15 to top 10 QB in the NFL. Sure he has lots of talent but honestly the guy is a choker.

He has a 1-3 record in the playoffs with a 4-2 TD/INT ratio and an 80.2 QB rating. OK #s but not anything that suggests he can step up in crunch time (which is the entire playoffs) Also you must breakdown his starts:

2006: 1TD 0 Ints vs SEA - LOSS- Played an OK game bu his muffled snap ended the cowboys season. Epitome of choke.

2007: 1TD- 1INT vs NYG- LOSS - Romo throws a pick with 1:58 left in the game while Dal is on the NYG 5 yard line. Once again ends the Cowboys season.

2009: 2TD-0INT vs NYG -WIN - solid game by romo
0TD-1INT vs MIN - LOSS - the entire team including Romo gets annihilated and he ends up with a 66 QB rating.

So basically in his Postseason career he simply cannot get it done. In order to be considered great, or even very good, you don't necessarily have to WIN the superbowl, but you have to be able to perform well in the Playoffs, and at the very least not cost your team the game, which Romo has done in 1/2 of his playoff games.

Pretty easy to regress from 72 tds and 10 ints. DUHHHHHHHH! You guys just stop, you're not proving any points or showing anything that pokes holes in my logic. Your arguements are all opinions with no factual information to back it up with.

Tbone- THANK YOU! At least you are trying to provide somehting to suggest you're right. I'll agree with you that NO ONE could argue he's clutch but I'll disagree with a lot of your other stuff.

2006- Starting QB's don't hold snaps. It was a bad mistake but he was in a wierd position where he was still the holder. This is why I think punters should be your holder ALL THE TIME.

2007- Garrett sends everyone into the endzone and Romo waits n waits n waits, no one gets open and he forces 1 in. Crayton also dropped a sure touchdown that game which Romo threw a perfect ball and Dallas would have won.

2009- As you said Romo played well in the win and then the ENTIRE TEAM got blasted by Minny. I don't think Tom Brady was winning that game. Dallas a team has failed in the playoffs. It s just easier to blame Romo. Everyone in the building knows he's gonna throw the ball and they can never turn around and rely on their RB's or defense. When the defense is needed, they crumble every year. Romo is not GREAT but he is very very good and is a top qb in the league. I have seen no arguements proving otherwise.

Let's crank the Cowboys hate machine up another notch.

Predict Romo's 4th quarter stats this week.

Last year roethlisberger had a 76.4 rating in the playoffs.

Romneybot said:
Let's crank the Cowboys hate machine up another notch.

Predict Romo's 4th quarter stats this week.

They're playing SF. Hmm. I say it'll be close and he'll be 5-12 with 1 interception and a botched snap resulting in a fumble. Oh wait..

Who could forget Romo botching the snap as the Cowboys lined up for the game winning FG in the 2006 playoffs? 2007 saw Romo throw 5 picks in one game. On Monday Night Football. Against the Bills. In the playoffs that year, Romo was picked off on the games final drive to end the Cowboy

85e52952104f6e7085073ce433e21c7f.gif

Beez said:
Romo, 2 ints in his last 23 games where the team is leading or tied. (This stat after Sundays game)

I AM proving you wrong..thats not the problem. We've established Romo makes mistakes. I'm not disputing that. I'm disputing the arguements that he's not a top qb in the league. Dallas would be searching a very long time to find a qb as talented as he is that can put them in position to win as many games as he does.

1.Brady
2.Manning
3.Rodgers
4.Brees
5.Romo
6.Rivers
7.Ben

If you wanna put Ben and Rivers in front of him I can understand that. You would have an arguement at least. It's logical. But there is no denying this guy is somewhere in that 5-7 range of the 32 starters. Not everyone can have the best qb in the league, or a potential hall of famer. It just doesnt work like that. A superbowl doesnt make you a better QB than another guy. If Manning didnt have a superbowl he'd still be better than everyone not named Brady. (Not that Brady is everyones number 1 but he's mine)

I love how everyone is ignoring the "crunch time" stats I posted up too. You guys are good at this.

When the game is on the line, he chokes...see my previous post with a sample of his brilliant work...congrats on being proven wrong!
grin.png

[quote="tycobb420":6izjb32w]Who could forget Romo botching the snap as the Cowboys lined up for the game winning FG in the 2006 playoffs? 2007 saw Romo throw 5 picks in one game. On Monday Night Football. Against the Bills. In the playoffs that year, Romo was picked off on the games final drive to end the Cowboy

[quote="Beez":p4zj9jl8]
[quote="tycobb420":p4zj9jl8]Who could forget Romo botching the snap as the Cowboys lined up for the game winning FG in the 2006 playoffs? 2007 saw Romo throw 5 picks in one game. On Monday Night Football. Against the Bills. In the playoffs that year, Romo was picked off on the games final drive to end the Cowboy

All I'm saying is that the team has not performed for years and Romo shoulders the blame because he's the Cowboys qb. If he was the Qb of the Bucs n this stuff went on, people would be saying "if he had better teams/coaching he'd be great"... I'm not trying to be a dick or act like he's Joe Montana..
Everyone points to 5 or 6 30 second plays in his career and calls him a bum. Completely unfair. He has plenty of moments he's come up HUGE for Dallas but they're forgotten and the failures are remembered. If he wins a bowl people will just point to the mistakes he made before he got there and say he got lucky or the team won in spite of him. 5 years of numbers can't be over shadowed by 6 plays. I know it can put a damper on them but not to the extent you and the media are. It's ridiculous.

Beez said:
All I'm saying is that the team has not performed for years and Romo shoulders the blame because he's the Cowboys qb. If he was the Qb of the Bucs n this stuff went on, people would be saying "if he had better teams/coaching he'd be great"... I'm not trying to be a dick or act like he's Joe Montana..
Everyone points to 5 or 6 30 second plays in his career and calls him a bum. Completely unfair. He has plenty of moments he's come up HUGE for Dallas but they're forgotten and the failures are remembered. If he wins a bowl people will just point to the mistakes he made before he got there and say he got lucky or the team won in spite of him. 5 years of numbers can't be over shadowed by 6 plays. I know it can put a damper on them but not to the extent you and the media are. It's ridiculous.

I dunno..a a QB is always going to get all of the credit when his team wins, and take all of the heat when his team loses..that comes with the territory of being a professional QB.

If he was on a bad team but people would still call him a choke artist because he has directly cost his team games. Yes he has also put his team in position to win games, but that doesnt matter..what the majority of people always remember is the end of the game.

A QB could have a TERRIBLE game, but if he leads his team to a victory in the closing minutes then people will forget about the previous 3 1/2 quarters of the game. Just like when Romo had a very solid 2007 regular season but choked in the playoffs..people didn't care about his regular season success.

Im not saying its fair to judge a QB only on a handful of plays (good ones plays or bad plays) but thats the way it is and until Romo proves he can handle the pressure, people will still think he is overrated, regardless of the stats he puts up.

Back