Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Delmon Young

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]he's had a down year in 2011 but prior to this he's been a damn good hitter. .298 last year with 21 HR and 112 RBI
Yes, that is a productive year. But that was his career year and he isn't anywhere close to that now. Again....this doesn't excite me. I think it's low risk but Andy Dirks is playing better than Young right now and is way better defensively.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]You threw the ptbn out there KC. My thoughts is Nelson being the primary the other guy won't be much.

maybe,

also maybe Maggs is dfa'ed or put on the DL.
or Boesch to the DL.
or,
Tigers may send down a reliever for 2 weeks, get the right mix of 11 P and 14 position players for playoff roster. Have until 8/31.

i read in the comments on the BYB posting for it that he will be in tonight's lineup for us hitting 3rd according to someone who was on the twins' team bus.

Dombrowski: "We like Delmon's bat." Said they claimed him off waivers a few days ago. Young thought it was a practical joke.

DD asked about Magglio's future, says another roster move will be announced shortly.

Minnesota fans don't appear happy. They're saying the PTNL better be something good.

Well uh...since we had his older brother Da Meathook, it was kinda like his destiny, huh?

So what do we call Delmon?

Da Wormhook?

:)

Between 2008-2010, D. Young was 24th offensively for MLB LFer using linear weights.

.289 BAVG .330 OBP .445 SLG .775 OPS

He had the worst rate for grounding into double plays and the second to worst walk rate. Despite his .289 BAVG (7th), he was 20th in OBP and 14th in SLG.

You know how Baseball Reference list similar players at that age? On Delmon Young's page it list Carl Yastrzemski. So we got that going for us :) :) :)

Player to be named is a prospect #tigers don't want to trade, DD says.

Maggs is getting dressed into his uniform as we post.
Magglio is in Tigers clubhouse, getting ready to work out.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Player to be named is a prospect #tigers don't want to trade, DD says.

that's a little more worrying, but probably not horrible. young has underperformed aside from last year and is still young with a lot of talent.

beckjason Jason Beck
Delmon Young batting 3rd in LF in #Tigers lineup. Magglio batting 7th in RF.

at least maggs is down in the lineup.

beckjason Jason Beck
Rhymes optioned to @MudHens.

got the twitter for ya KC

im scared that raburn will likely be the 2B until guillen gets back though.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Player to be named is a prospect #tigers don't want to trade, DD says.

I can't imagine he'd say anything different. DD always talks up his players.

Current running poll, only 18% of Twin fans dislike the trade.

rebbiv said:
Between 2008-2010, D. Young was 24th offensively for MLB LFer using linear weights.

.289 BAVG .330 OBP .445 SLG .775 OPS

He had the worst rate for grounding into double plays and the second to worst walk rate. Despite his .289 BAVG (7th), he was 20th in OBP and 14th in SLG.

I for one am fairly certain that our Tigers' esteemed batting coach, "Legendary Lloyd McClendon," will work out the kinks and flaws in Delmon's hitting approach and apparent lack of patience while in the batter's box....in what will appear to be in NO time flat!!

laugh.png

Back