Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Delmon Young

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]You know how Baseball Reference list similar players at that age? On Delmon Young's page it list Carl Yastrzemski. So we got that going for us :) :) :)
Maybe the 71 year old Yaz
grin.png

Turok said:
rebbiv said:
Between 2008-2010, D. Young was 24th offensively for MLB LFer using linear weights.

.289 BAVG .330 OBP .445 SLG .775 OPS

He had the worst rate for grounding into double plays and the second to worst walk rate. Despite his .289 BAVG (7th), he was 20th in OBP and 14th in SLG.

I for one am am fairly certain that our Tigers' esteemed battingcoach, "Legendary Lloyd McClendon," will work out the kinks and flaws in Demon's hitting approach and apparent lack of patience while in the batter's box....in what will appear to be in NO time flat!!

laugh.png
im not a fan of LM, but you never know what will happen. we control young through 2013 and he could have a resurgence a la peralta with us, he still has a lot of talent.

Leyland: Boesch will be playing every day, and they'll pick their spots with Magglio. #Tigers

maggs' spot should be on the bench.

The Tigers can try Delmon out for the rest of this year and if it doesn't work just let him go. The PTBNL may depend on wheter we decide to keep him or not, it doesn't have to be disclosed until Oct.15, so what is the big deal, seems like a great move, where all we lose for sure is a couple of minor prospects, the PTBNL improves probably if we keep him, but if we decide to keep him and he is productive the rest of the season it fills in a needed spot for next year, and he's still young, this was a no-brainer.

DD said the player to be named is someone they don't want to give up. (twitter)

They're saying on 97.1 that Young is in LF tonight and batting 3rd. Maggs is also in the lineup, batting 7th and playing RF. It must be Rhymes heading back down

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Jeez I loss three karma today. Must be doing something right :)

Hope that you don't suspect me of doing it Mitch, b/c I won't do that kinda stuff, only will exalt a member...and sparingly, they will have to post something witty enough to make me spit my drink du jour all over my keyboard.

:)

tycobb420 said:
It must be one of the "10 major league ready arms" in the minor leagues!

tycobb420 said:

As long as it's not Castellanos, Turner, or Smyly, I'm fine with it

mikem2780 said:
tycobb420 said:

If he were good enough to give up one of those players he would have been claimed by a team that is not in the playoff hunt.

tomdalton22 said:
mikem2780 said:
If he were good enough to give up one of those players he would have been claimed by a team that is not in the playoff hunt.

Exactly. That's why I'm not really worried about the PTBNL.

Turok said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Jeez I loss three karma today. Must be doing something right :)

Hope that you don't suspect me of doing it Mitch, b/c I won't do that kinda stuff, only will exalt a member...and sparingly, they will have to post something witty enough to make me spit my drink du jour all over my keyboard.

Of course not. I don't do that stuff either I just find it funny others do.

Raburn and Santiago at 2B for the most part,

Leyland had an honest conversation with Magglio about reduced playing time,

Boesch is close to a full return.

Boesch has known Young for about 10 years. The two work out in SoCal in the offseason.

Just when I thought the team defense couldn't get any worse, we go and add one of the worst defensive OFer in the game.

mjsb2 said:
Just when I thought the team defense couldn't get any worse, we go and add one of the worst defensive OFer in the game.

He's taking Maggs spots. Upgrade, no?

tycobb420 said:

It HAS TO BE Brandon Inge then...lord knows the Tigers value him as if he were Miggy or something.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]].289 career average and is a better fielder than most of our OF, I'll take it.

lol

What?

He is worse than any OFer on our team, even Magglio.

Back