Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Florida's "stand your ground" law

What other evidence is there besides he followed the kid when he was told NOT TO repeatedly, and wound up shooting him to death.

The guy is a vigilante, or else he would have done what he was told by the 911 dispatcher, and stayed where he was, but no, he had to go make a confrontation that lead to the kids death, that alone is guilt.

Its not illegal to follow someone...do we know why he did? Do we know why the kid was kicking the shit out of him when he shot...no, we don't. There appears to be 10 minutes of unknown....10 minutes that might change peoples mind...maybe not? let the case proceed and let the justice run its course.

So what was Zimmerman more threatened by, the can of iced tea or the bag of skittles?

Its not illegal to follow someone...do we know why he did? Do we know why the kid was kicking the shit out of him when he shot...no, we don't. There appears to be 10 minutes of unknown....10 minutes that might change peoples mind...maybe not? let the case proceed and let the justice run its course.

It's not illegal to follow someone no, but the guy did it when he was asked by authorities NOT TO, especially because he told them he was armed, he was inviting a bad situation to evolve.

You talk about those 10 minutes, but they should never have happened, cause this "vigilante" should not have followed the kid in the first place, but now a kid is dead and you don't want people to be outraged by it because maybe their are some hidden facts?

Give me a break.

It's not illegal to follow someone no, but the guy did it when he was asked by authorities NOT TO, especially because he told them he was armed, he was inviting a bad situation to evolve.

You talk about those 10 minutes, but they should never have happened, cause this "vigilante" should not have followed the kid in the first place, but now a kid is dead and you don't want people to be outraged by it because maybe their are some hidden facts?

Give me a break.

where is the outrage on all the other black kids getting murdered? maybe more outrage because the guy is 1/2 white?

where is the outrage on all the other black kids getting murdered? maybe more outrage because the guy is 1/2 white?

Nice deflection.

Maybe it's not that the guy is 1/2 white, it's because he killed an unarmed kid, and is trying to hide behind a bullshit law that basically says it's okay for you to go around and pull a gun on people and shoot them if you think you might be in danger. Which is a catch-22, cause you pull a gun on someone, chances are you put your life in danger by doing it.

What other evidence is there besides he followed the kid when he was told NOT TO repeatedly, and wound up shooting him to death.

The guy is a vigilante, or else he would have done what he was told by the 911 dispatcher, and stayed where he was, but no, he had to go make a confrontation that lead to the kids death, that alone is guilt.

wound up shooting him AFTER he called him a fucking Coon....and tracked him down.

The media narrative is playing out that a white guy shot a black youth in cold blood and the locals are looking the other way. I'll let the real story play out instead, and it will.

I read your post and this is what I get:

"I don't really have a problem with what happened here, but that's kind of a racist and twisted way of thinking, so I'll make up a baseless excuse to justify my position."

I completely agree.

Oh come off it, this isn't what we're talking about.

Have you listened to the tapes? Maybe you should. Or how about you NOT listen to the tapes but go to the link I posted pages ago and read it.

I've called people so much worse...

not with a gun in your hand, and afterwards you didnt continue to track a guy down then murder him either. Your starting to sound fucking dumb....just stfu before we lose complete respect for you. Your excuses are fucking moronic.

not with a gun in your hand, and afterwards you didnt continue to track a guy down then murder him either. Your starting to sound fucking dumb....just stfu before we lose complete respect for you. Your excuses are fucking moronic.

You don't know that, for all you know I could be a mass murderer.

Btw, I could care less about this boy. Racial motivated murders happen daily in the US and not everyone is caught and prosecuted, it happens. There just happens to be tape incriminating the man. The thing that pisses me off is the circus that came to town. THEY are trying to turn this into a black vs white issue. Even though he is NOT white.

Because a crack head ninja has never killed a white man...

Btw, I could care less about this boy. Racial motivated murders happen daily in the US and not everyone is caught and prosecuted, it happens. There just happens to be tape incriminating the man. The thing that pisses me off is the circus that came to town. THEY are trying to turn this into a black vs white issue. Even though he is NOT white.

That depends...did the crack head ninja kill a white man and get away with it because of a stupid law?

You mean he's not white enough for you?

He's a Caucasian, maybe not Aryan brotherhood White, but he's still white.

The logic you use means we can't call Obama Black, because he's not 100% Black.

I agree it should not be a black vs. white thing, but if that's the attention it will take for people to realize this guy is a cold blooded murderer, and put his ass away, I can live with it.

well, I think it's pretty clear it IS racial issue, at least between Zimmerman & Martin.

Do you think he would've stalked and murdered an old white lady? Hell no. Have you listened to the audio?

But as I see it, the racially motivated killing isn't the shocking thing... retards like this Zimmerman guy are going to go kill people from time to time. The shocking thing is the attitude of the police and county DA; when you murder someone like Zimmerman did, you should be charged with a crime and tried for it. I'm guessing if the tables were turned, and a black teenager chased down and murdered a white guy who went to get skittles and a drink from 7-11, he would be sitting in jail right now, charged with murder.

The awfulness of Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law is also pretty obvious now. The law should be repealed. How fucked up is this country when we can have a lobbying organization like the NRA write a law that ENCOURAGES gun violence... earning huge profits for the industry it lobbies on behalf of through higher gun sales, at the price of the lives of the citizens? This is something right out of Idiocracy.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're either not educated on the subject.....or youre a racist biggot.

I don't consider the media's coverage on this as "an education." I was not present at the scene and neither was any journalist. Circumstantially, it does not look good, and it's a terrible tragedy no matter the circumstances.

I don't consider the media's coverage on this as "an education." I was not present at the scene and neither was any journalist. Circumstantially, it does not look good, and it's a terrible tragedy no matter the circumstances.

did you listen to the audio of the 911 calls?

the media's narrative is (as always) confused at times, but at least they're putting the available facts out there.

Zimmerman's claim that he was walking back to his car when Trayvon Martin attacked him seems to fly in the face of all logic. By all accounts, Martin was a good kid, he lived nearby, was walking to the store by himself, and Zimmerman had a bit of size on him. You pretty much have to assume Martin was suicidal to try and jump Zimmerman. At the very least, Zimmerman's account is not very credible to a reasonable person taking into account common sense.

Then add to that the audio from the calls, and it's more damning. on one of the 911 calls from a house nearby, you can hear Martin screaming for help for a period of time (so long, in fact, it's horrifying) before he is shot. Generally, you don't scream for help when you're going to jump someone... right?

Last edited by a moderator:
did you listen to the audio of the 911 calls?

the media's narrative is (as always) confused at times, but at least they're putting the available facts out there.

Zimmerman's claim that he was walking back to his car when Trayvon Martin attacked him seems to fly in the face of all logic. By all accounts, Martin was a good kid, he lived nearby, was walking to the store by himself, and Zimmerman had a bit of size on him. You pretty much have to assume Martin was suicidal to try and jump Zimmerman. At the very least, Zimmerman's account is not very credible to a reasonable person taking into account common sense.

Then add to that the audio from the calls, and it's more damning. on one of the 911 calls from a house nearby, you can hear Martin screaming for help for a period of time (so long, in fact, it's horrifying) before he is shot. Generally, you don't scream for help when you're going to jump someone... right?

Yes, I listened to the calls. Yes, I've read many of the accounts. No, I was not there, and neither was anyone else here. Because I could in no way testify in court, I'm not going to make judgements on a message board.

Back