Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Highbrow NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread

Michchamp

Well, the OTHER college basketball tournament has started.

I filled out a couple brackets. Have UCLA winning one, and Houston winning another. Feel like most people are picking other teams.

UConn is one team I think could go far, but I had trouble picking them over Kansas

some of these teams you see in the tourney every other year, like Furman, Fairleigh Dickinson, any school with "Charleston" in the name... are they real places? Has anyone ever met someone who went to college at Furman?

I have a theory they're just like basketball clubs bookies set up. Get a PO Box, and mail in some NCAA dues, and if you're small enough, no one ever checks if you're a real school.

some of these teams you see in the tourney every other year, like Furman, Fairleigh Dickinson, any school with "Charleston" in the name... are they real places? Has anyone ever met someone who went to college at Furman?

I have a theory they're just like basketball clubs bookies set up. Get a PO Box, and mail in some NCAA dues, and if you're small enough, no one ever checks if you're a real school.

I've walked past College of Charleston. Many politicians graduated from Furman. FD is in NJ. EDIT: Whoever Furman is, it beat Virginia today.

Last edited:
I've walked past College of Charleston. Many politicians graduated from Furman. FD is in NJ.

Oh.

Well, what about this "Michigan State" place? You ever heard of that one?

Oh.

Well, what about this "Michigan State" place? You ever heard of that one?

I think they are called the "Trojans" and the campus is in Gladwin or Reed City. I think they are in the Mid-Michigan Conference of Glorified High Schools.

Right on cue sdsu can?t score . Both teams playing great defense. Finally a little spurt. Sdsu up 5 late.
Illinois getting smoked.

Last edited:
Big ten not looking great. Maryland was down 13 at one point. Before clamping down on defense.
And coming back and winning.

Illinois looked terrible and was never in that game.

Iowa trailing early.

Last edited:
some of those ORU cheerleaders have a trailer trash vibe.

those Princeton chaps are full of surprises

Friend of mine texted me that Arizona must have "been back-doored to death."

"That's one way of putting it," I said.

EDIT: The Princeton offense is so basic it's out of the playbook of a junior high school. Yet it continues to give higher-seeded teams fits in the NCAA tournament.

Last edited:
Looks like Wildcats will even big ten up at 2-2 . Werid how we match up good against them.

Looks like Psu will give the big ten a 3-2 mark on day one as long as they don?t blow a 20
Point lead.

Back