Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Highbrow NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread

Lsu women?s program must have a lot of money. They brought in 9 new players and are about to beat Iowa for the title. Up 14 mid 4th.

Kinda wish JB was still around... we could've won it all this year with one of his above-average teams.

Lsu women?s program must have a lot of money. They brought in 9 new players and are about to beat Iowa for the title. Up 14 mid 4th.

didn't they sign some really good coach? That might be the reason they got the transfers and why they are better??

didn't they sign some really good coach? That might be the reason they got the transfers and why they are better??

I might think something like that, if I wasn't already familiar with the United States of America, "The South," the type of people that live in Louisiana, college athletics, the SEC, and LSU in particular.

And yet Iowa has nary a Black player, while LSU is festooned. Go figure.

On Max Kellerman this morning, they were talking of some kerfuffle that happened during the game, that may have been racial in its nature.

I guess the ladies are here.

And yet Iowa has nary a Black player, while LSU is festooned. Go figure.

Good ol' boys don't have any problem with black people, as long as they themselves can personally profit from the association. See also, the history of slavery in the United States, the continual attempts to excuse it, and modern day equivalents, such as high rates of incarceration and prison labor.

On Max Kellerman this morning, they were talking of some kerfuffle that happened during the game, that may have been racial in its nature.

I guess the ladies are here.

I saw the clip. It was very unsportsmanlike, but perhaps the context excused it? Based on what I saw though, I thought it seemed on the "really bad side" of taunting. Being a sore winner.

I've seen a couple other examples of some pretty unsportsmanlike behavior from the ladies tournament this year.

I saw a little tidbit during the men's game last week. This is UCONN's 6th Final Four and they have 4 National Championships, this could be No.5 in 6 tries. That is an unbelievable percentage and maximization of opportunity. Michigan has been to 8 and has only scrounged out 1 NC.

Good ol' boys don't have any problem with black people, as long as they themselves can personally profit from the association. See also, the history of slavery in the United States, the continual attempts to excuse it, and modern day equivalents, such as high rates of incarceration and prison labor.

That said, stereotypes like "good ol' boys (girls)" are from a prior era, no? One that was asleep?

Last edited:
I saw a little tidbit during the men's game last week. This is UCONN's 6th Final Four and they have 4 National Championships, this could be No.5 in 6 tries. That is an unbelievable percentage and maximization of opportunity. Michigan has been to 8 and has only scrounged out 1 NC.

Yup.
Here are UConn?s titles .

2014 (defeated #8 seed Kentucky, 60-54). (Uconn #7)
Kentucky was a 2.5 point favorite.
#8 Kentucky beat #2 Michigan to make final four :(
Going into this final four uconn has the longest odds behind
Florida 1/1
Kentucky 5/2
Wisconsin 7/2
Uconn 8/1

2011 (defeated #8 seed Butler, 53-41
Uconn was a #3 seed and favored by 3.5 points.

2004 (defeated #3 seed Georgia Tech, 82-73)
Uconn was #2 seed and favored by 5.5

1999 (defeated #1 seed Duke, 77-74)
Uconn was a #1 seed and favored by 9.5 over Duke.

Last edited:
Sdsu in a bad scoring drought and making poor decisions on offense as a 8-0 run has them down four now.
Refs miss a easy charge and now it?s a 10-0 run.

If sdsu doesn?t gets it?s shit together on offense this game is over
20-12 uconn and they have sdsu so sped up on offense.
22-12 sdsu has missed last 10 to 12 shots. It?s a bunch.
26-15. Huskies just to big for sdsu
33-17. Game set match.
36-20. It?s over??.sdsu making really dumb decisions uconn is making them pay for it.
Sdsu. They Are missing a lot of layups too
36-22 under a minute left.
36-24 uconn leads at half.

Last edited:
Fuck uconn. But they did bomb every team they played by 10+

They have been a favorite in 4 of the five titles they have won.
Congrats to them.. they finish sadly (I was only rooting for them in 2 of the 5 titles they won)
You guys can figure out the two.

Final score 76-59 Final

Last edited:
5 out of 6 trips to the Final Four and win it all. That is one hell of a winning percentage and I think the most titles in last 23 years.

I only watched part of one game during the tournament, the end of the San Diego St game. That was a great shot. Didn't care about any of it besides the outcomes. I quit doing brackets but get into a "squares" pool...like the Super Bowl. I had 6-5 which hit 4 times.

I only watched part of one game during the tournament, the end of the San Diego St game. That was a great shot. Didn't care about any of it besides the outcomes. I quit doing brackets but get into a "squares" pool...like the Super Bowl. I had 6-5 which hit 4 times.
Football squares were always fun, been such a long time though.

Back