Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Highbrow NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread

I only watched part of one game during the tournament, the end of the San Diego St game. That was a great shot. Didn't care about any of it besides the outcomes. I quit doing brackets but get into a "squares" pool...like the Super Bowl. I had 6-5 which hit 4 times.

how does that work?

I entered two brackets this year, and probably had the single worst year I've ever had. I lost a final team in each bracket in the first round.

Other than the 00:30 seconds of game time when SDSU pulled within 5 with a couple minutes left, seemed that UConn barely broke a sweat yesterday.

That's insane they've won 5 championships w/6 Final Fours, all since 1999.

how does that work?

I entered two brackets this year, and probably had the single worst year I've ever had. I lost a final team in each bracket in the first round.

just like super bowl squares. You basically get two random numbers that represent the last digit in the final score. In my case, I had 6 & 5. If a game ends 76-75 I win.

It's basically no skill and all luck. I have much better odds that way!

First womens game I ever watched. It is what it is... way less athleticism and you watch a bunch of jump shots go in.

The whole racism debate thing is pretty dumb. I thought it was disrespectful and terrible timing. You had the game won up double digits in the final seconds.... that's not trash talk or psychology of the game anymore. That's just you being a dick head.

Sure racists were waiting for a "nappy headed ho" moment to jump in and flame her... that's what racists do.

But if Caitlin did this to someone's face she'd be a dick too. She did the john Cena in previous games but I only ever see it when she's the only one in the frame walking to the bench. Not in someones face with the game over. To me... that's different.

In the spirit of trump being arrested...Stormy Daniel's will tell you...2 dicks don't make a right.

Last edited:
First womens game I ever watched. It is what it is... way less athleticism and you watch a bunch of jump shots go in.

The whole racism debate thing is pretty dumb. I thought it was disrespectful and terrible timing. You had the game won up double digits in the final seconds.... that's not trash talk or psychology of the game anymore. That's just you being a dick head.

Sure racists were waiting for a "nappy headed ho" moment to jump in and flame her... that's what racists do.

But if Caitlin did this to someone's face she'd be a dick too. She did the john Cena in previous games but I only ever see it when she's the only one in the frame walking to the bench. Not in someones face with the game over. To me... that's different.

In the spirit of trump being arrested...Stormy Daniel's will tell you...2 dicks don't make a right.

Where is Imus when you need him?

Oh that?s right he?s dead.

Where is Imus when you need him?

Oh that?s right he?s dead.

did anyone ever actually listen to him?

I remember hearing he was like a huge radio personality. this was around the time Howard Stern's movie came out and Stern called him all sorts of names, but at the time, I was like "Okay, maybe he sucks, but Who the hell is Don Imus?"

I only watched part of one game during the tournament, the end of the San Diego St game. That was a great shot. Didn't care about any of it besides the outcomes. I quit doing brackets but get into a "squares" pool...like the Super Bowl. I had 6-5 which hit 4 times.

I had the opposite (high seed 5, low seed 6) and high 6 low 1 and only hit once to get 1/4 of my money back. Just realized I missed the championship score (and $1,600) by a missed basket by the loser. Oh well.

Last edited:
did anyone ever actually listen to him?

I remember hearing he was like a huge radio personality. this was around the time Howard Stern's movie came out and Stern called him all sorts of names, but at the time, I was like "Okay, maybe he sucks, but Who the hell is Don Imus?"

He had a net worth of $75 million when he hied.

So if somebody was paying him, somebody must?ve been listening to him.

Surely, everyone has heard this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bmF8iIeOVEo

Last edited:
Back