Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Highbrow NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread

First time since 1970 that three teams are making their initial FF appearance.

St. Bonaventure, Jacksonville, New Mexico State. Bob Lanier was on that St. Bonaventure team.

I wonder what it's like to be a guy who worked on seeding teams when everything blows up like this? 4 (that should've been a 3 or even a 2), 5, another 5, and a 9...

I guess there was more parity in talent and experience b/c of the pandemic year than usual

First time since 1970 that three teams are making their initial FF appearance.

St. Bonaventure, Jacksonville, New Mexico State. Bob Lanier was on that St. Bonaventure team.

It is something.

Seems in Hollywoodland, everybody and their brother has some connection to San Diego State. SDSU gear on line is apparently on back order.

Wasn?t Ball State?s Brady Hoke the head basketball coach there at some point?

I guess I have that connection myself.

Maybe I?ll get in line for a t shirt.

It is something.

Seems in Hollywoodland, everybody and their brother has some connection to San Diego State. SDSU gear on line is apparently on back order.

Wasn?t Ball State?s Brady Hoke the head basketball coach there at some point?

I guess I have that connection myself.

Maybe I?ll get in line for a t shirt.

No, but there is a Michigan connection. SDSU HC Brian Dutcher was an assistant coach under Fisher when M won the national in 1989 and through 1998.

No, but there is a Michigan connection. SDSU HC Brian Dutcher was an assistant coach under Fisher when M won the national in 1989 and through 1998.

That?s cool.

Go ?tecs, I guess.

Is that what we call them?

Or the Azzies?

and Brady Hoke.

I know more than a few Michiganders that ended up in SD.

Was at a restaurant there with my mom many years ago, and my mom was giving me shit for showing up in a Michigan t-shirt. then halfway through our meal the owner came over and said "Go Blue" and mentioned she was also an alum, sat down to talk to us for a bit and comped our meal!

I was like "Gee, I sure am glad I wore this shirt today."

So, I am also going to root for SDSU.

Tony Gwinn played basketball for SDSU. So there's that. I think he led that team in batting average too.

resAprox640x425__01834-01819-GwynnMug637.jpg

His batting average was so high, it applied in basketball too. But only for him.

and Brady Hoke.

I know more than a few Michiganders that ended up in SD.

Was at a restaurant there with my mom many years ago, and my mom was giving me shit for showing up in a Michigan t-shirt. then halfway through our meal the owner came over and said "Go Blue" and mentioned she was also an alum, sat down to talk to us for a bit and comped our meal!

I was like "Gee, I sure am glad I wore this shirt today."

So, I am also going to root for SDSU.

Even though I have a pretty hard and fast rule that every college sports season ends when Michigan?s season ends, I might be tempted to peak in on San Diego State a little later.

It?s a pretty big story around here.

Fau was up 5-0
SDSU was up 14-5
Fau was up 40-33 at half.
Fau is up 54-40 with 14:56 left. (8-0 run)
Fau up 58-51 with 11:11 left.
Fau up 65-60 with 7:15 left. (Sdsu cut lead to 2 two different times but Fau always has a answer)
Fau up 67-65with 3:14 left .
Fau up 69-68 .57 left. Fau ball.
Fau up 71-68 .41 left sdsu ball
Fau up 71-70 . Fau ball 36.2 left.
Butler for SDSU wins game at the buzzer 72-71 Final

Fau just looks better then sdsu to me. Have to see I if sdsu defense can clamp down.
I was wrong .

Last edited:
Sdsu has missed so many free throws

Fau. 15--20
SDSU 13-22

Last edited:
SDSU 14 point comeback is the 5th largest in final four history.

Uconn hold Miami-Fla to its lowest scoring half. Lead 37-24 at half. MF can?t buy a bucket.

Back