Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Inge Watch

Brooks was .971 at 3B for 23 seasons, huge difference over .957-.961. HUGE. Plus Inge's defense went bad last season. He's not the same guy he was in 2010 even. Can you imagine him playing 23 seasons? And you have the gall to say the name Brooks Robinson and Inge in the same post, lol.

Even on that list you post, Brooks was 3 and Inge 49, yeah that's not close :lmao:

Last edited:
Another odd question from you that makes no sense.

Back in the Stone Age, you used to judge fielders on their fielding percentage. And you used to judge hitters by their batting average, and pitchers by their win loss records. Some people still do, I guess.

Regardless what stat the new aged fans use in 2012, its crazy to think Inge is comparative to Brooks Robinson.

he's been good, not great. his career UZR/150 is 5.6 over 8200 innings, compared to someone like Adrian Beltre's 15.4.

his total zone? 70, compared to Beltre's 99 and Brooks' 294. theres no question he's been good, but even thinking about comparing him to Brooks Robinson is just plain stupid.

Last edited:
he's been good, not great. his career UZR/150 is 5.6 over 8200 innings, compared to someone like Adrian Beltre's 15.4.

his total zone? 70, compared to Beltre's 99 and Brooks' 294. theres no question he's been good, but even thinking about comparing him to Brooks Robinson is just plain stupid.

Are those numbers, UZR/150 and Total Zone from Fangraphs?

Are those numbers, UZR/150 and Total Zone from Fangraphs?
yeah. its easier and quicker for me to navigate fangraphs vs bbr. i was going through bbr's lists and couldnt find a way to separate the defensive metrics by position, they only had putouts and such by position.

Last edited:
yeah. its easier and quicker for me to navigate fangraphs vs bbr. i was going through bbr's lists and couldnt find a way to separate the defensive metrics by position, they only had putouts and such by position.

I love that site but I never seem to peruse it as much as I'd like.

by bbr's lists in total defensive WAR he's 11th active and 141st all time, and by their TZ he's 9th active and 62nd all time. Like I said good, but not great.

I feel good that he's on a team with no chance to be in the playoffs. Makes me smile :clap:

You figure the league would know now how to pitch to Inge. Low and outside in the dirt. Game over.

2-4 today, he's all the way back up to .173 now. better than Raburn anyway..:ashamed:

2-4 today, he's all the way back up to .173 now. better than Raburn anyway..:ashamed:

Yeah, 2-4, his 2 outs were K's.

He's still a 1 trick pony.

Hopefully when we play them our pitchers are smart enough to never throw him a fastball over the plate.

Not because I'm afraid of Inge beating us, but because I don't wanna see the smug look on his face if he manages to get a hit against us.

Back