Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Internet Censorship.

Babylon Bee Suspended by Twitter Over Parody Article About Rachel Levine

I have a feeling it had more to do with their tweets criticizing Ukraine, and mocking the Official State Department Narrative of who started it, than whatever they wrote about Rachel Levine. Who is Rachel Levine anyway?

I have a feeling it had more to do with their tweets criticizing Ukraine, and mocking the Official State Department Narrative of who started it, than whatever they wrote about Rachel Levine. Who is Rachel Levine anyway?

https://rumble.com/vy3jpf-babylon-bee-ceo-doubles-down-on-rachel-levin-tweet.html

Appearing on Tucker Carlson?s show Monday, Babylon Bee CEO Seth Dillon explained why the satire site is refusing to delete a tweet it sent out about Assistant Secretary for Health Rachel Levine being the ?man of the year,? as a joke.

The site received a Twitter suspension for promoting a parody article about the transgender Biden official, which Twitter claimed violated its rules ?against hateful conduct.?

Now Twitter will not restore the Babylon Bee account until it deletes the tweet, but Dillon says they will not comply because ?Truth is not hate speech.?

The site received a Twitter suspension for promoting a parody article about the transgender Biden official, which Twitter claimed violated its rules ?against hateful conduct.?

Now Twitter will not restore the Babylon Bee account until it deletes the tweet, but Dillon says they will not comply because ?Truth is not hate speech.?

Sooooooo which is it?

https://rumble.com/vy3jpf-babylon-bee-ceo-doubles-down-on-rachel-levin-tweet.html

Appearing on Tucker Carlson?s show Monday, Babylon Bee CEO Seth Dillon explained why the satire site is refusing to delete a tweet it sent out about Assistant Secretary for Health Rachel Levine being the ?man of the year,? as a joke.

it wasn't the first time they made a transphobic joke, but whatever.

regardless, their ban is already over and you can go on twitter right now, and read the joke that got them temporarily banned in the first place on their own twitter feed.

still... this is, of course, another example of LIBDEM CHICOM TECH TYRANNY

Last edited by a moderator:
it wasn't the first time they made a transphobic joke, but whatever.

regardless, their ban is already over and you can go on twitter right now, and read the joke that got them temporarily banned in the first place on their own twitter feed.

still... this is, of course, another example of LIBDEM CHICOM TECH TYRANNY

It?s here.

I went to babylonbee.com. It was one of the headlines.

It?s not that hard.

Musk now on the Twitter board. This is potentially a positive development against internet censorship

Musk now on the Twitter board. This is potentially a positive development against internet censorship

I feel like you don't know much about Elon if you think he will be some bastion of free speech. He's got a bit of an authoritarian streak and a history of silencing people that speak against his interests.

I feel like you don't know much about Elon if you think he will be some bastion of free speech. He's got a bit of an authoritarian streak and a history of silencing people that speak against his interests.

He filed late with the SEC apparently, dummy. He can't be much worse than the idiots running that place as is.

YouTuber Ethan Klein, who previously said that cancel culture was a good thing, complained about losing all of his sponsors after being targeted by a cancel culture mob over alleged ?homophobic? remarks.

You reap what you sow.

https://www.infowars.com/posts/youtuber-who-said-cancel-culture-was-a-good-thing-gets-cancelled/

are you worried about Infowars bankruptcy filing?

It's only a Chapter 11 reorg though. So in theory, he could ditch all the liabilities from the Sandy Hook lawsuits after paying what he can from his current assets, and continue operating as Infowars once the judge approves a settlement between the plaintiffs and the Infowars estate.

Judging from his behavior so far though, he'll probably screw this up by thinking he's clever enough to hide assets or transfer them to his fake ex-wife who he still lives with, and get sanctioned by the court.

I bet the Sandy Hook parents end up owning infowars.com, LOL, and use the URL for something other than selling dick pills and hormones to rubes like you.

Who knows? Except for quotes I hear in broadcast media, and links other guys here post on this board, I?m oblivious to Twitter.

Oh, and of course crap about it I hear in the news like this person got banned or that person got banned or Elon musk is looking to buy it.

I don?t think anything Elon Musk does or doesn?t do he?s going to change that.

Who knows? Except for quotes I hear in broadcast media, and links other guys here post on this board, I?m oblivious to Twitter.

Oh, and of course crap about it I hear in the news like this person got banned or that person got banned or Elon musk is looking to buy it.

I don?t think anything Elon Musk does or doesn?t do he?s going to change that.

His own posting history on twitter demonstrates he's too thin-skinned to be a handle being a politician, public figure, or fair arbiter of public speech. He gets into flame wars with folks in the "peanut gallery," over-shares his personal life & brags about himself, and openly commits securities fraud.

You're right we don't really know how he'd be if he did succeed in buying twitter, but there is a boatload of evidence supporting the concern that he'd run things for the benefit of his own ego, to the detriment of the site.

His own posting history on twitter demonstrates he's too thin-skinned to be a handle being a politician, public figure, or fair arbiter of public speech. He gets into flame wars with folks in the "peanut gallery," over-shares his personal life & brags about himself, and openly commits securities fraud.

You're right we don't really know how he'd be if he did succeed in buying twitter, but there is a boatload of evidence supporting the concern that he'd run things for the benefit of his own ego, to the detriment of the site.

Maybe, I don?t know.

I wouldn?t pay any more attention to Twitter if Elon Musk owned it than I do now.

Last edited:
Back