Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions Hire Brad Holmes for GM

Holmes is good on day 2 and day 3. That is big.

Ok. I'm on the blank-slate train. Neither excited nor discouraged. But, then, five minutes ago I did not know Brad Holmes from Sherlock Holmes. Let see what happens now.

Ok. I'm on the blank-slate train. Neither excited nor discouraged. But, then, five minutes ago I did not know Brad Holmes from Sherlock Holmes. Let see what happens now.

I agree...It's hard to get excited about someone in the front office. As far as I'm concerned, you can't evaluate a hire like this until a few years down the road.

I havent been a fan of their drafts. Its heavy offense, heavy RBs...which the lions have proven is completely dumb. The Rams turned around when they went out and spent tons of money in FA and trades. And also by capitolizing on how fucking stupid the lions are in not selecting Aaron Donald.

I havent been a fan of their drafts. Its heavy offense, heavy RBs...which the lions have proven is completely dumb. The Rams turned around when they went out and spent tons of money in FA and trades. And also by capitolizing on how fucking stupid the lions are in not selecting Aaron Donald.

Their 2017 draft was better than any draft Detroit has had since '88 (Spielman, Blades, White) or '92 (Porcher, Scroggins, Hanson, Clay)

Well, I wouldn't go quite that far. They haven't had many first round picks with him. But most of the Rams starting defense (Which is kickass btw) are drafted players. Pretty much the only notable players that they acquired were Ramsey and Floyd.

I'll judge this hire 1 following his press conference on the direction of the team and what we need. Then I'll see how he does this offseason, I didn't like Quinn from the get go and I remember making a post about it when it happened.

Holmes added some real good safeties in Taylor Rapp, John Johnson, Jordan Fullwood
CB waiver wire and trade for Ramsey
ILB and Ebukam was Holmes influenced. Floyd was a FA of course
Brockers before his time, Donald could have been a big Holmes influence which is huge

Some good guards and RBs and good RT in Havenstein. Solid TEs added by him. Goff is underperforming that they give up picks and big money for.

But Rams have had success for sure with Holmes helping. We'll see what his plan will be for the Lions

True 3-4 defense could be coming too

Has potential but not real excited for this pick. See what he does this is off-season I guess.

Well, I wouldn't go quite that far. They haven't had many first round picks with him. But most of the Rams starting defense (Which is kickass btw) are drafted players. Pretty much the only notable players that they acquired were Ramsey and Floyd.

So we give him credit for drafting but dont hold it against him that he has no first round picks and selected Jared Goff who the Rams are proactively trying to bench every week?

So we give him credit for drafting but dont hold it against him that he has no first round picks and selected Jared Goff who the Rams are proactively trying to bench every week?

Snead led the way on that and giving away all those picks. And Goff clear cut number 1 that year

Holmes does a good job on day 2 and did a good job Round 1 when he did get to take those picks

He was the director of scouting.....do they typically make trades for CB's?

welp atleast we get to keep the trend of picking a rd 2 RB every year. Yippie. Yes i get it im a debbie downer when it comes to the lions....all the time. Call me not impressed by interviewing all the guys that were mentioned and we come out with some Rams guy that has never been a GM. Yippie.

welp atleast we get to keep the trend of picking a rd 2 RB every year. Yippie. Yes i get it im a debbie downer when it comes to the lions....all the time. Call me not impressed by interviewing all the guys that were mentioned and we come out with some Rams guy that has never been a GM. Yippie.

Who do you think is the best GM in the NFL?

Back