Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions sign NT Damon Harrison to a 1 year extension with $12M guaranteed Now cut

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2020...ison-wanted-out-detroit-lions-trade-hell-bent
Damon Harrison wanted out of Lions trade, was ‘hell-bent’ on leaving Detroit.
It sounds like Damon Harrison never really wanted to be a Detroit Lion.
POD

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2020/04/13/damon-harrisons-exit-detroit-lions-scheme-fit/
Damon Harrison's exit from Detroit centered around scheme fit.
LionsWire

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2020/04/13/damon-harrison-detroit-lions/2983628001/
Ex-Lions DT Damon Harrison: 'I was hell-bent on getting out of' Detroit.
Freep

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2020/04...-to-go-to-detroit-ducked-bob-quinns-call.html
Snacks Harrison says he never wanted to go to Detroit, ducked Bob Quinn’s call.
Mlive

Last edited:
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2020/04/13/damon-harrison-detroit-lions/2983628001/
Ex-Lions DT Damon Harrison: 'I was hell-bent on getting out of' Detroit.
Freep

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2020/04...-to-go-to-detroit-ducked-bob-quinns-call.html
Snacks Harrison says he never wanted to go to Detroit, ducked Bob Quinn?s call.
Mlive

Yawn....He collected a check and that?s all he ever wanted. If it wasn?t, he would?ve publicly asked for a trade instead of publicity holding out for an extension.

Sounds like a player who is butt hurt because he couldn?t produce up to the new extension and got cut.

Doesn't really jive. He played plenty of nose tackle in Detroit. He's upset they made him try to rush the passer too lol. That is something DTs should do as well Harrison. Get in shape for it next time. Didn't even want to give Detroit a chance.

Good player but glad he's gone after that. We'll see what Danny Shelton and Nick Williams can do with Hand back.

"To be completely honest with you, I didn't want to go to Detroit because of some things that I heard from some guys in the past and some guys who were there," Harrison said. "So when I got the call that that's where I was traded, I didn't answer the phone for a couple hours. [Lions general manager] Bob Quinn was calling me and I didn't pick up the phone because I was trying to figure out a way to get out of it."

My guess is this is how players around the league feel about the Lions organization.

regardless of how he feels. You have to be a special kind of special to talk about yourself in this way while youre a free agent and 2 teams have gotten rid of you in 2 years. what a dumbass.

regardless of how he feels. You have to be a special kind of special to talk about yourself in this way while youre a free agent and 2 teams have gotten rid of you in 2 years. what a dumbass.

yup...not a great way to sell yourself.

Last edited:
"To be completely honest with you, I didn't want to go to Detroit because of some things that I heard from some guys in the past and some guys who were there," Harrison said. "So when I got the call that that's where I was traded, I didn't answer the phone for a couple hours. [Lions general manager] Bob Quinn was calling me and I didn't pick up the phone because I was trying to figure out a way to get out of it."

My guess is this is how players around the league feel about the Lions organization.

Yep, that's why we have to sign former Patriots all the time.

Yep, that's why we have to sign former Patriots all the time.

The Patriot players produce and fit the system and know the system and why Patricia does things a certain way

There are other non-Patriot signings too though. Devon Kennard, Chase Daniel, Nick Williams, Justin Coleman, Jessie James etc. Marvin Jones, TJ Lang, Rick Wagner previously

Slay and Diggs wanted to be coddled. And Slay wanted big time money at 30.

The Patriot players produce and fit the system and know the system and why Patricia does things a certain way

There are other non-Patriot signings too though. Devon Kennard, Chase Daniel, Nick Williams, Justin Coleman, Jessie James etc. Marvin Jones, TJ Lang, Rick Wagner previously

who produces?

Justin Coleman played for the Patriots and then we have him a huge contract when no one else would have. Not one of the guys you named that was signed after Patricia got here is worth a damn. Kennard gone, James overpaid, Daniel joke.

Patricia is a horrible coach that can't adjust to his players strengths and rode Bill's coattails and Quinn is worse than he is.

Last edited:
Justin Coleman played for the Patriots and then we have him a huge contract when no one else would have. Not one of the guys you named that was signed after Patricia got here is worth a damn. Kennard gone, James overpaid, Daniel joke.

Patricia is a horrible coach that can't adjust to his players strengths and rode Bill's coattails and Quinn is worse than he is.

Coleman played mainly for Seattle though and played well last year. Nickel is set for Detroit.
2.8 million cap hit last year for Coleman. It's 9 million this year. Time for him to step it a notch which he showed he can before, especially early last season.

Last edited:
Coleman played mainly for Seattle though and played well last year. Nickel is set for Detroit.
2.8 million cap hit last year for Coleman. It's 9 million this year. Time for him to step it a notch which he showed he can before, especially early last season.

is he good?

Some of his stats / rankings from last year.

1029 yards allowed #78
82 receptions allowed #78
target separation 1.35 #66
64% catch rate #51
passer rating allowed 122.5 #68

is he good?

1029 yards allowed #78
64% catch rate #51

Ouch. He is worse than I thought. Maybe it's the terrible defense he plays in or the lack of good players surrounding him. Either way Quinntricia are terrible.

is he good?

1029 yards allowed #78
64% catch rate #51

I?m not putting much stock in our CB ratings from last year. Were they great? No. But our pass rush was so anemic we could have run Deion Sanders and Derrell Revis out there and it wouldn?t have made that much difference.

All day to throw. Consistently. Clean pockets. Something that many people think of is the fact that because we blitz so little, teams don?t have to keep an extra blockers meaning they are consistently running five receivers out in patterns, making it even more difficult to cover. Our terrible D line caused a lot of problems for our dB last year.

I?m not putting much stock in our CB ratings from last year. Were they great? No. But our pass rush was so anemic we could have run Deion Sanders and Derrell Revis out there and it wouldn?t have made that much difference.

All day to throw. Consistently. Clean pockets. Something that many people think of is the fact that because we blitz so little, teams don?t have to keep an extra blockers meaning they are consistently running five receivers out in patterns, making it even more difficult to cover. Our terrible D line caused a lot of problems for our dB last year.

true...but is he good?

Also, have they really done anything to improve the D and the pass rush? I don't think so.

Back