Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions sign NT Damon Harrison to a 1 year extension with $12M guaranteed Now cut

They always skip the DL. They need to go DLine DLline DLine first 3 picks. Worry about CB next season.

Collins, Nick Williams and Hand healthy improve the pass rush. Shelton rushes better than Harrrison too.

Flowers full season of health will help too. Slow start with bum shoulder last year.

Dline will be added. CB will be added. Coleman is good with around proper support and pass rush

Collins, Nick Williams and Hand healthy improve the pass rush. Shelton rushes better than Harrrison too.

Flowers full season of health will help too. Slow start with bum shoulder last year.

Dline will be added. CB will be added. Coleman is good with around proper support and pass rush

every year you do the same thing. You predict that everything will go perfectly and every addition is better than what they had. Of course, prior to the season, you said that last year's team was "holeless".

You are almost always wrong :lmao:

every year you do the same thing. You predict that everything will go perfectly and every addition is better than what they had. Of course, prior to the season, you said that last year's team was "holeless".

You are almost always wrong :lmao:

I am showing how it can improve. If a bunch of bullshit injuries happen than so be it.

Hand can play. Nick Williams offers more pass rush than Ashawn. Shelton the same over Harrison but Harrison is the better run defender.

Jamie Collins is a clear upgrade over Kennard and allows Davis to move around some and blitz more if needed. Which also helps the pass rush

I have been right more than wrong. You just remember the wrong times and how the team looks with a bunch of injured players.

I am showing how it can improve. If a bunch of bullshit injuries happen than so be it.

Hand can play. Nick Williams offers more pass rush than Ashawn. Shelton the same over Harrison but Harrison is the better run defender.

Jamie Collins is a clear upgrade over Kennard and allows Davis to move around some and blitz more if needed. Which also helps the pass rush

I have been right more than wrong. You just remember the wrong times and how the team looks with a bunch of injured players.

no, you think you are right, but you are wrong.

I like the Collins signing but at the same time I wouldn't call it a 'clear' upgrade. He struggled mightily in Cleveland. I'm hoping it was a scheme/fit problem and not just Belichek with the Midas touch.

The fact that you are head over heels for the roster each year and the Lions rarely make the playoffs, let alone win in the playoffs, feels very contrary to that claim.

Collins, Nick Williams and Hand does little to nothing for our pass rush.

If the lions cant trade down, they will go QB at #3....book it.

Stafford with 2 years left on his deal and $35+ mil a year in a new cba era...thats not the Detroit Patriot way.

I like the Collins signing but at the same time I wouldn't call it a 'clear' upgrade. He struggled mightily in Cleveland. I'm hoping it was a scheme/fit problem and not just Belichek with the Midas touch.

Collins will be in the Patriot scheme in Detroit. Not the Cleveland scheme.

The fact that you are head over heels for the roster each year and the Lions rarely make the playoffs, let alone win in the playoffs, feels very contrary to that claim.

They made the playoffs several years and had slew of injuries and bad reffing ripping away the playoffs most other years. Last year for instance, real 6-2 start if not for refs then Stafford hurt the final 8 games. 3-12-1 could have been 10-6 or better.

Last edited:

Stafford with 2 years left on his deal and $35+ mil a year in a new cba era...thats not the Detroit Patriot way.

I think there is almost no chance they take a QB at #3. Quinn and Patricia need to win next year to keep their jobs. Taking a QB at #3 does nothing to help you win next year.

LOL Collins and Hand are good pass rushers. Do you watch football? Nick Williams had a nice 2019 season.

Tua can't hold Staffords jock. Would be the bigget mistake ever by any GM ever if they took Tua to replace an elite Stafford and miss out on a stud defensive player.

LOL Collins and Hand are good pass rushers. Do you watch football? Nick Williams had a nice 2019 season.

Tua can't hold Staffords jock. Would be the bigget mistake ever by any GM ever if they took Tua to replace an elite Stafford and miss out on a stud defensive player.

Elite = best of the best. Stafford is not elite. He's an above average to good starter, but not elite.

Elite = best of the best. Stafford is not elite. He's an above average to good starter, but not elite.

He is the best of the best but the injuries to him and around him don't let it shine as much

I dont' think Tua will even be an average starter so Stafford better regardless

He is the best of the best but the injuries to him and around him don't let it shine as much

I dont' think Tua will even be an average starter so Stafford better regardless

You might be right about Tua, only time will tell. But you are wrong about Stafford. He has been in the league 11 seasons with 149 starts. 89.3 QB rating = average. He has never led the league in any meaningful statistical category. I am taking into consideration some of the issues he and the team have had when I say he is above average to good. I think I am being generous.

You might be right about Tua, only time will tell. But you are wrong about Stafford. He has been in the league 11 seasons with 149 starts. 89.3 QB rating = average. He has never led the league in any meaningful statistical category. I am taking into consideration some of the issues he and the team have had when I say he is above average to good. I think I am being generous.

When he get the support normal QBs get, he looks elite. When there is no run game, the weapons are all hurt and he is hurt, then he looks above average still

Run game, short fields, healthy decent weapons with a decent variety. They are getting close to giving him all that. And he really looks elite with just two of those 4 things in place at once.

ALL QBs deal with this.

Nope. They don't. not on the scale Stafford does. 3 of those 4 things typically fail for Stafford. And fail pretty hard. Other QBs deal with average around them but not everything else failing.

Like Brady always has a top defense. Pretty good run game too.
Rodgers and Brady get the short fields often.
Brees has weapons and superb protection and his defense generates turnovers.

Lions get injury upon injury at RB or just lack of run game, weapon injuries galore (his best years with healthy weapons).

Lions defense has had some good years but also some injury riddled or failed years. Or years they don't generate turnovers but still play solid D.

Stafford injuries pretty terrible when playing through them back 2018/2019/finger on throwing hand (2011, 2016)

No QB in the league deals with Staffords situation.

Nope. They don't. not on the scale Stafford does. 3 of those 4 things typically fail for Stafford. And fail pretty hard. Other QBs deal with average around them but not everything else failing.

Like Brady always has a top defense. Pretty good run game too.
Rodgers and Brady get the short fields often.
Brees has weapons and superb protection and his defense generates turnovers.

Lions get injury upon injury at RB or just lack of run game, weapon injuries galore (his best years with healthy weapons).

Lions defense has had some good years but also some injury riddled or failed years. Or years they don't generate turnovers but still play solid D.

Stafford injuries pretty terrible when playing through them back 2018/2019/finger on throwing hand (2011, 2016)

No QB in the league deals with Staffords situation.

you are bringing up short fields when we are talking about years of stats? Weapons? You're an idiot for bringing up those excuses over and over. Injuries to himself and others...every fucking QB in the league has to deal with injuries.

Stafford shouldn't even be mentioned in the same conversation with Brees, AR, Brady or Wilson :lmao:. Shortly, you can add probably Mahomes to that list. Others a step below, Ryan, Rivers, Ben who have all proven to be much better than Matt. After those players are removed, you can start talking about Matt with some other guys, like Prescot, Wentz, Cousins, Goff, Carr, Dalton, Winston, Newton, but by then we are WELL BELOW the elite.

You don't need a elite QB to win .. Alex Smith had some good years won 11 three times and 13 once. You build the team up and you can win with an Alex Smith.

Look at Peyton when he won his 2nd SB with Denver. Had his worse season by far, 10 games 67.9 passer rating reg. season and 75.4 in 3 playoff wins. Build your freakin' defense.

Staffords so elite he couldnt win the division with the #2 defense in the NFL.
Hand is so elite he fell to the 4th round and spent all of last year with an overbite.
Collins just does the same thing as Kennard but hes older.

I dont think Tua is the best thing since sliced bread by any means. And i think their plan A is to trade down and select defense. But if they are stuck at 3 cause Quin sucks so bad then i wouldnt put it past them to pick Bevells next Russell Wilson. I dont see paying Stafford $35+ mil a year as something they will want to do....perenial losers shouldnt ever sniff that kind of money.

Back