Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Might As Well Start Looking Forward to 2022 Now

well, they didn't need a LT with Decker in the 2020 draft either

They needed a RT for sure in 2021 (had signed Vaitai in 2020 for big bucks BTW prior to the draft so less tackle need). Also they were pick 7 not pick 3 so a little better taking a RT/future LT at that point. Also Sewell was by far the best prospect on the board, Andrew Thomas was not the best prospect on the board at pick 3 in 2020. So there is the differences you need to understand. I have faith you can do this.

Last edited:
They needed a RT for sure in 2021 (had signed Vaitai in 2020 for big bucks BTW prior to the draft so less tackle need). Also they were pick 7 not pick 3 so a little better taking a RT/future LT at that point. Also Sewell was by far the best prospect on the board, Andrew Thomas was not the best prospect on the board at pick 3 in 2020. So there is the differences you need to understand. I have faith you can do this.

so, they needed a RT in the 2021 draft and picked a LT at #3. I understand that Sewell may be a great talent, but the Lions had SO many needs that they should have traded down. And don't tell me there may not have been an opportunity to trade down. There were a ton of trades in the top 10 last draft.

I think the Lions missed out on a great opportunity to trade down and get multiple picks to fill many holes.

Movement was before lions pick for qbs and Sewell can play both lt and rt. Lions traded stafford to get those multiple picks. Secured the stud tackle and have plenty of draft ammo to build. Stafford picks, comp picks and high lions losing season picks

so, they needed a RT in the 2021 draft and picked a LT at #3. I understand that Sewell may be a great talent, but the Lions had SO many needs that they should have traded down. And don't tell me there may not have been an opportunity to trade down. There were a ton of trades in the top 10 last draft.

I think the Lions missed out on a great opportunity to trade down and get multiple picks to fill many holes.

Regardless of how Sewell pans out, he was billed as one of the best OT prospects to come out in years and one of the safest picks in the draft. Not the mention he is only 20 years old. If he pans out and has a HOF career arc he could be on his 3rd contract with us before he turns 30.

I have no issue with them taking Sewell one bit. Build the O-Line as that sets up success for the entire team. A dominant O-Line helps the running game, passing game, as well as helps sustain drives which keeps your defense fresh. Obviously that hasn't happened this year for many reasons, but I will never argue against shorng up the O-Line.

Regardless of how Sewell pans out, he was billed as one of the best OT prospects to come out in years and one of the safest picks in the draft. Not the mention he is only 20 years old. If he pans out and has a HOF career arc he could be on his 3rd contract with us before he turns 30.

I have no issue with them taking Sewell one bit. Build the O-Line as that sets up success for the entire team. A dominant O-Line helps the running game, passing game, as well as helps sustain drives which keeps your defense fresh. Obviously that hasn't happened this year for many reasons, but I will never argue against shorng up the O-Line.

if he's on a HOF career arc, he will probably either quit like the most recent HOF caliber players, or leave via free agency.

if he's on a HOF career arc, he will probably either quit like the most recent HOF caliber players, or leave via free agency.

Honestly can't argue with that. Can't blame the player either. Who wants to put their all into their career to have their team just suck year after year.

Lions still have 4 more years with Sewell after this year to build a winner. If they dont or cant in 3 or 4 more years does matter if they picked Sewell or Parsons or traded down for other shitty to mediocre to good players. They have the picks now to build and the cap space. Will Holmes and Campbell succeed or fuck it up. Sure we will discuss this either way

Lions still have 4 more years with Sewell after this year to build a winner. If they dont or cant in 3 or 4 more years does matter if they picked Sewell or Parsons or traded down for other shitty to mediocre to good players. They have the picks now to build and the cap space. Will Holmes and Campbell succeed or fuck it up. Sure we will discuss this either way

I'll put my money on fuck it up. My guess is they don't make the playoffs in that timeframe (this year or the next 4)

I'll put my money on fuck it up. My guess is they don't make the playoffs in that timeframe (this year or the next 4)

I will be the first to say I am excited about the Campbell/Holmes combo, more than probably any that have come in since I started watching football (late 90's). I love how honest they are and how they seem to be very open to self-evaluation of their own mistakes. Say what you will, but I would put money on these guys making the playoffs by year 4 at the latest. I think they understand how far gone this team is/was and are in it to build a consistent winner and not just a team that may burn bright for a year, but then quickly flames out.

At the end of the day though, history has told us no matter who the lions hire they are doomed to suck.

Last edited:

Of course you would say that lol. You already wrote them off before they even played a snap

I'll take that bet.

Name your terms.

If they make it, he has to buy you 2 tickets to the Lions playoff game

If they don't, you buy him 2 tickets for a regular season game in the 2026 season (since he said this year plus 4).

In the draft I want
1a-qb
1b-wr
2-wr

Then defense the rest of the draft. Focus on back 7

If they make it, he has to buy you 2 tickets to the Lions playoff game

If they don't, you buy him 2 tickets for a regular season game in the 2026 season (since he said this year plus 4).

keep your nose out of this. Plus, I wouldn't go to a Lions game even if someone bought me the tickets.

You may be the worst fan in the history of fans

I have posted this several times over the years. I'm not a fan. I follow them pretty closely because they are the local team. I don't care if they win or lose.

I have posted this several times over the years. I'm not a fan. I follow them pretty closely because they are the local team. I don't care if they win or lose.

That is really really dumb, especially with 100% negative comments. Who are you a fan of? The Packers?

Back