Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

no rodgers love?

He also made good plays at key times as well. He's also tough, don't play that many games in a wow being soft. He's a legit HoF'er.

One big year? Are we talking stafford or rodgers. Rodgers has had a good year every year he's played. Only getting better

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]He also made good plays at key times as well. He's also tough, don't play that many games in a wow being soft. He's a legit HoF'er.
of course he is, i just think rodgers right now is better than favre ever was. favre never had a season like this.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Name other qbs from the late 90s.

Only QBs can win the MVP? I know Barry shared one with him, he was a pretty good non-qb. As a Lions fan I hated Farve but the guy was a 3X consecutive MVP lets not diminish the guy.

I dont get how saying Favre was great but Rodgers is better diminishes him in any way.

Spockmaster said:
I dont get how saying Favre was great but Rodgers is better diminishes him in any way.

I know Generation ADD has a hard time with reading comprehension but the exchange went something to this effect:

No love for Rodgers winning the MVP?
Didn't Favre win 3 in a row?
Name other late 90s Qbs
Don't Diminish the Dude.

That is all.

Maize&Cheese304 said:

Why only the late 90's? Favre played the majority of the 00's for GB too.

Brett Favre is the greatest QB in Green Bay's history, until he is not.

Aaron Rodgers may well replace him, but he has not done it yet.

And just to be clear, I fucking hate Brett Favre, and hope he catches his ball sack on a rusty nail soon, but it does not change the fact that Rodgers still has a lot of ground to make up.

Maize&Cheese304 said:

Some names from 1995 and on..

Warren Moon , Doug Flutie, John Elway , Steve Young , Troy Aikman, Dan Marino, Randall Cunningham , Kurt Warner , Peyton Manning......

5, already in the HoF and 2 more who will be.

Compare all those players best season vs todays.

Brett in is prime vs Aaron in his, who would you take.

A couple of Rodgers years could have won an mvp back then.

How many superbowl mvps does he have.

And manning was a rookie so he doesn't count much

Maize&Cheese304 said:

Super Bowl MVP means nothing aside from he was the best player on that team on that given day, to even bring that up in comparison is retarded.

Yeah playing well in big games isn't really important. You're right.

Maize&Cheese304 said:

really ? he was an All Pro in 1999...every guy listed like Favre made All Pro from 1995 on....

Favre is a 1st ballot no doubt Hall of Famer.

end of discussion , and personally I can't stand the guy.

Im not argueing that. He could be in my all time top 10 or 5. But Aaron at his best vs brett at his best, id pick Aaron

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Yeah playing well in big games isn't really important. You're right.

Not when you're using it to justify saying someone who wins one is better then someone who did not, even thought the other holds more MVP's and career records.

In short, saying Rodgers is better then Favre cause he has a Super Bowl MVP and Brett does not is retarded, just because he was the best player in that game, does not make him the best player period.

It's the same with World Series and NBA Finals MVP's, they will always be trumped by someone who was good for the whole season, rather than the game, or finals.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Im not argueing that. He could be in my all time top 10 or 5. But Aaron at his best vs brett at his best, id pick Aaron

gimme a buzz when Rodgers does it for 15+ years.

Put Rodgers in vs that broncos team and I put my money on gb. Put favre in vs the steelers and I'd pick pit.

Rodgers won't finish with the career stats of favres, he sat for three years

Spockmaster said:

Because he's not. Has he had a better year than any Favre had, maybe. But to appoint him as a HOF, which is what you're doing, is just crazy based on a short career.

Back