Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

no rodgers love?

Nobody said anything about hall of fame. Just that Rodgers is better right now than favre ever was

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Nobody said anything about hall of fame. Just that Rodgers is better right now than favre ever was

Based on what? Better QB rating?

Maize&Cheese304 said:

http://www.yamaharaptorforum.com/phpBB/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=894&start=45

8 posts down that page, reply #67.

You called him "a future Hall of fame QB".

You Packer fans are excited about your boy, and you should be, but Favre carried your team on his back for ages, the little bit Rodgers has done has nowhere near eclipsed that yet.

Ok future hall of famer is different. If he stays healthy then he will.

Favre lost almost every big game. Then turned into a moody drama queen

Well so far, Rogers won a big game 2010 SB and lost a big game 2011 one and out. 1-1, yeah he's stellar. Oh and 1-2 if you count the reason they didn't go 16-0 was because he sucked against the Chiefs.

You could count the Arizona lost in 2009 though he played well they lost unless you're saying all Favre's losses were his fault.

There's a giant penalty missed. And that's not as dumb of a play as 13729283 ints. Mostly bad luck, hanging onto the ball too long vs throwing across your shoulder into double coverage.

He was a gunslinger. Gunslingers throw INT. It doesn't take away from his greatness.

Really, take it from Lions fans that have no dog in this fight.

If I had a chance to draft either one assuming they were the same age and rookies the same years, even knowing now what I know about em, I'll take Favre.

If it came down to one final drive TD I live, no TD I die -- I'd go with Favre.

And I find it odd that a Packers fan has so much hate for a QB who helped win a SB.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]And I find it odd that a Packers fan has so much hate for a QB who helped win a SB.

Hell with the Super Bowl, he made them one of, if not the top team in the NFC central (north) consistantly after being pretty mediocre for years.

I know he was slow on saying he wanted to be back before they said Rodgers was their guy but man, I'd love anyone who brought a SB to the Detroit Lions.

I was the biggest favre lover. But it ended about as bad as possible. And I'm still not a hater. Like I said, he would probably be in my top five all time.

Just brett at his best vs Aaron at his best id pick Aaron.

SLICK said:
Maize&Cheese304 said:
Im not argueing that. He could be in my all time top 10 or 5. But Aaron at his best vs brett at his best, id pick Aaron

gimme a buzz when Rodgers does it for 15+ years.

He won't. You and i both know it....

Maize&Cheese304 said:

No, he's not actually. Why, because Rodgers is "smarter" with the football? Give me a fn break.

Farve did it for 15+. Rodgers will NEVER come close to that.

I understand the love for Rodgers, but Favre is king in Wisconsin, wether you pipes want to believe it or not.

I can't believe you guys don't think he will continue to be good. He's only getting better every year.

Peyton and Tom won't finish with favres stats, but are better qbs.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
All he has to do is win one more super bowl.

Bullshit.

Because by that logic he's already better than Dan Marino, and he's not.

Not saying he wont ever be, but quit counting your chickens....especially if you're so sure of how good is he/will be it will happen eventually, whats the fucking rush to crown him king?

Maize&Cheese304 said:
I can't believe you guys don't think he will continue to be good. He's only getting better every year.

Peyton and Tom won't finish with favres stats, but are better qbs.

I never said I didn't think he will continue to be good, I said stop saying he's better than Favre before he actually is.

Back