Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

no rodgers love?

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Name a season favre had better than the one Rodgers just had

Dude, he went one and out? How is that a great season. Yeah I know he had a great season concerning numbers but he went one and out. And it's not Favre didn't have the numbers, he did. Why the hate? He won you a fkn SB.

Well no shit. Favres career is better than anyone's. Doesn't mean he's the best ever. And there is no hate. Only hate here is from lion fans because they still have to deal with Rodgers, and fear he will continue to be great.

Favre had great defenses, a top running game with ahman green. But couldn't win because of his bad mistakes.

I love that your only arguement is favres career is better than Rodgers lol. Like wow, who would have thought that. A career of two decades vs four years. Thank you for telling me favres is better.

Too bad you guys can't stay on my topic that favre never played at the level Rodgers is now. You guys just keep telling me his career stats are better.

Also keep saying I hate favre when I've clearly said I don't

Babe Ruth never had a season like Barry Bonds did in 2001, but that does not mean Bonds was better.

And as far as Favre never playing at Rodgers level, Favre was THE BEST PLAYER IN THE ENTIRE NFL FOR 3 STRAIGHT YEARS, I'd call that a pretty high level.

Ahmed Green? LMAO. You mean Mr. fumble machine?

Btw, Favre also didn't get to play with "he touched me, 15 yards". In today's game it's like easy mode. "ref, he put his thumb on my ass". Game misconduct. Lol.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
I was the biggest favre lover. But it ended about as bad as possible. And I'm still not a hater. Like I said, he would probably be in my top five all time.

Just brett at his best vs Aaron at his best id pick Aaron.

So if you're rating Favre in the top five all time but yet you would take Rodgers over Favre in his prime then where do you rate Rodgers at currently? If you're saying that Rodgers belongs in the all-time best QB's column based on a couple good seasons then you're obviously just a huge homer.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Ahmed Green? LMAO. You mean Mr. fumble machine?

Btw, Favre also didn't get to play with "he touched me, 15 yards". In today's game it's like easy mode. "ref, he put his thumb on my ass". Game misconduct. Lol.

Definitely a valid point. Not to mention DBS are wary of PI and illegal contact, and a db/lb pretty much can't hit anyone across the middle or deep. This era is like the juiced ball era for qbs. 3, almost 4 5000 yard passers in a single season?

Even Farve's best STATISTICAL season came in his first year with the Vikes, the rules favor the passer huge now. If your basing your argument on stats it's flawed.

Its just easy to pass these days. We had one 5000 yard QB then Brees does it and now 3 do it this year? When you know the WR isn't going to get hit just so easy. And God forbid we get close to a QB. Guys can stand back there with a big DE running him all day and they're thinking "what's he going to you, he can't touch me". It used to be All Madden, now its Rookie.

Career wise, favre is in my top five.

And passing yards are up because teams throw a lot more. If Rodgers threw as many times as stafford or brees he would have had a 5500 55td season.

For one game in their prime I'd take Rodgers, you'd take favre. Sorry i don't agree.

Donald driver vs Greg jennings. One game in their prime and Id pick Jennings

And did I just get called a homer for picking one packers player over another? Lmao

Maize&Cheese304 said:
And did I just get called a homer for picking one packers player over another? Lmao

I think it still applies, because Packer fans were total douche bags (more than normal anyhow lol) when Favre signed with the Vikings.

Tell the truth, you would have felt different if he just retired as a Packer.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Then going to a rival? Uh yeah.

The point is him going to a rival did not changed how well he played as a Packer, but I think Packer fans are biased against him now because of it.

I'm more upset with his playoff ints career record than him playing retire, suck my dick for me to come back game he played.

And it turned out he just wasn't a good person in the locker room or out. Wanna see my Peyton manthing?

I never called you a homer I said if you rated Rodgers in the top 5 all time then you are a huge homer and well you would be in that case...actually not only would you be a huge homer but you would also be a massive dumbass as well.

True. That's why I said career wise is what I meant.

Putting a 4yr player at the top would be silly

Back