Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Obama has the lowest approval ever

How am i wrong here? He was asked point blank, on camera, why we began a war and his answer was that it was because they had WOMD. They didnt.....its black and white. If he was tried...he would be convicted. He lied in order to start a war we didnt need, didnt want, that killed thousands and that helped put our economy into the toilet during a time when national security was a major issue.

KAWDUP said:
I'm going to argue that there is no way in hell that it shoiuld ever be considered that he be tried for war crimes. That is just ignorance of the highest order.

. . . and that is a stupid statement " . . . simply for shits and giggles". If you believe that you are just as ignorant as he is.

That 's how its not reasonable you elitest putz.

I don't know that he should be tried for War Crimes, and I would hope a POTUS never is, but many people believed he should be.

He invaded a Sovereign Nation without "just cause", people all through the world wanted him on the hook for that, not just "Bush haters".

To say no way in hell it should ever even be considered makes you out to be an elitist putz.

The State Department advised W not to go to Switzerland, or something, to avoid the slight yet present possibility that he would be arrested, held and tried war crimes charges.

Like MI Thumb that last thing I would wanna see is a former POTUS tried on War Crimes, and everything I've studied indicates that Bush had the same intellegence that every US ally had, which supported that Iraq had WMD.

But ya know - there are those that believe that Bush should be tried on war crimes, it's not as out of the main stream as say, the belief that Satan is secretly conspiring with academia in attempt to drag the youth of America down his unholy path, or that trees in Michigan just happen to be the exact perfect height.

it's not that far fetched KAWDUP.

He was tried for them... in Malaysia... which didn't get much press stateside for some reason. http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/11/22/george-w-bush-tony-blair-found-guilty-of-war-crimes-in-malaysia/

A court in Spain started to investigate his administration for war crimes over torturing detainees in Gitmo, but was pressured by the Spanish gov't to drop it after the Obama Administration threatened them... http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=103606406 The link in the NPR story is dead... go figure... but I found another here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/mar/29/guantanamo-bay-torture-inquiry

...and there were a number of former military officers and officials that resigned in disgust over this stuff. Their stories were always downplayed and buried ASAP.

When youre an idiot and your in an important position....you should be held responsible for stupid decisions you make. He had a hard on to kill Hussein and finish what his dad started.....like some kind of weird have to impress daddy thingy. Killing Hussein takes 2 guys dropping from a helicopter and a couple guns....not what he did.

I think people forget what it was like back then. El Barradei's team was very effective, but had been given the boot, they had even been shot at. In the 11th hour, they were invited back in. It's so freaking weird. Back then, I felt like I was in the overwhelming minority, being against the war. Maybe it's because I lived in an Air Force town. Now, everyone acts like they knew it was a bad idea.

Red and Guilty said:
I think people forget what it was like back then. El Barradei's team was very effective, but had been given the boot, they had even been shot at. In the 11th hour, they were invited back in. It's so freaking weird. Back then, I felt like I was in the overwhelming minority, being against the war. Maybe it's because I lived in an Air Force town. Now, everyone acts like they knew it was a bad idea.

I remember what it was like. Everyone was freaking out about 9/11 and G dubbs made everyone think Iraq was the reason 9/11 happened. Yet another lie that cost american lives and led to the economic downturn.

Red and Guilty said:

well, regardless, I don't think the fact that people initially favored it, and then changed their opinion after it became apparent that the "intelligence" leading into it was flawed, the administration threatened people in a position to seriously undermine that intelligence (Joseph Wilson, Scott Ritter), and any other number of things, should count against them.

I mean, I thought stubborn adherence to doctrine regardless of the facts was a bad thing...

and then of course, even people who were part of the administration and left (Paul O'Neill) spilled the beans about how Bush & Co. were pushing the invasion from the get-go. the 9/11 attacks were just a useful propaganda tool to push them over the edge.

there was a connection between Saddam and al qaeda, no? I thought there was...

Red and Guilty said:

Well Red, you should be commended for your steadfastedness.

W had built substantial political capital for the way he spoke on that megaphone at ground zero, and that great first pitch in the World Series...

Most of the country was behind W including the majority of Democrats.

A few other conservatives voiced opposition/hesitation about the war; the current governor of Ohio,* John Kasich was opposed to the war, as was former Congressman Joe Scarborough, former Nebrasa Senator Chuck Hagel, obviously Pat Buchanan was opposed to the war as was Ron Paul, along with the iconic conservative pundit George Will...

...as were you....

...and as was I.

Oh, and my Mom.

I'm not sure if Bush ever actually =technically= lied. Well, he should have known not to bring up the yellowcake documents. But even the yellowcake docs, had they been true, weren't evidence of weapons, just evidence of trying to get materials. The never proved that Bush should have known that, but he probably should have known that. MNost of the time, they stated their case with bias, but danced around the issue like politicians do. The big Colin Powell presentation didn't have a smoking gun. Really, they didn't even need to lie. I think we hit a point along the way where the majority of Americans believed Iraq was involved with 9/11. You don't need to tell lies when people reach those kinds of conclusions in spite of the evidence.

It makes sense though...either way. Why would a President have to do the lying himself? He's not even the one that benefited the most.

mhughes0021 said:
Red and Guilty said:

I remember what it was like. Everyone was freaking out about 9/11 and G dubbs made everyone think Iraq was the reason 9/11 happened. Yet another lie that cost american lives and led to the economic downturn.

link?

Red and Guilty said:
mhughes0021 said:

link?

either you dont know 9/11, you dont remember Bush saying Iraq was connected with the people that executed 9/11 by stating it was a war on terror, or you dont know that were in an economic downturn by spending trillions in wars that we have no business being in. Whatever it is you dont know....there are several links on all of them. use Google...

I think you're remembering some movie where shit that that takes place over a period of months or years is portrayed in a few minutes (ironical that it's Oscar night, eh?).

I include you in the group of those - whether liberal or conservative, I don't care - that really has no place posting to this intellectual and very thoughtful board.

Be gone, I says!!!

mhughes0021 said:
Red and Guilty said:

either you dont know 9/11, you dont remember Bush saying Iraq was connected with the people that executed 9/11 by stating it was a war on terror, or you dont know that were in an economic downturn by spending trillions in wars that we have no business being in. Whatever it is you dont know....there are several links on all of them. use Google...

He did tie Saddam to terror, that's true. That's 'cause Saddam did support terror. But not 9/11. And I don't think Bush ever claimed a direct connection to 9/11 or a connection to Al Quaeda that was both before the war and recent (there was old stuff from the 90's they'd talk about). And after the wars started, yeah, they played up whatever Al Quaeda in Iraq connections they could. And media was pretty clear on this too. They talked about Bush appearing to link the 2 things by talking about the two things in the same speech. But there was a line he didn't cross in linking the two. It was clear he didn't have the link he wanted and the fact that most people thought otherwise at one point is sad.

If Bush did make a false claim tying Iraq and 9/11, he would have been in a great deal of trouble for it. Do you really think there was nobody out there interested in impeaching him?

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]

I think you're remembering some movie where shit that that takes place over a period of months or years is portrayed in a few minutes (ironical that it's Oscar night, eh?).

I include you in the group of those - whether liberal or conservative, I don't care - that really has no place posting to this intellectual and very thoughtful board.

Be gone, I says!!!

this post has nothing intellectual or thoughtful about it.....actually it was a great example of the exact opposite by not refuting, disproving, or providing any useful information on your opinion and how it differs from mine.

"shit that that"? when you even studder when you type youre probably not the smartest of people.

mhughes0021 said:
[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]

Be gone, I says!!!

this post has nothing intellectual or thoughtful about it.....actually it was a great example of the exact opposite by not refuting, disproving, or providing any useful information on your opinion and how it differs from mine.

"shit that that"? when you even studder when you type youre probably not the smartest of people.

Then that goes for me to. I double type words and type letters backwards and such all the time. If it wasn't for spellcheck I wouldn't catch nearly as much of it as I do. And I do go back and reread and correct that stuff when I see it.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]

Be gone, I says!!!

In the future when and if Jeb Bush ever decides to run and half of the country wants to ask him if hes as dumb as his brother....that will be proof how intellectual and very thoughtful people thought Gdubs was.

If you need a refresher heres a link for ya since red likes links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHjIb6trxBI

Nice that you're a bigot against studderers....

You didn't support any of your suppositions with supporting evidence either.

Go home.

Back