Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

***Official Green Bay Packers Thread***

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="Mitch":hg4sly88]Favre wins SB early in career to never win again. Rodgers wins SB early in career ....

Except Rodgers is not 1/10th the player that Favre was, and never will be.[/quote:hg4sly88]

Rodgers will throw 1/10th the int's favre threw. Boy do I miss those game ending TOs in the playoffs!

Maize&Cheese304 said:
[quote="MI_Thumb":zulvsnnh]

Except Rodgers is not 1/10th the player that Favre was, and never will be.

Rodgers will throw 1/10th the int's favre threw. Boy do I miss those game ending TOs in the playoffs![/quote:zulvsnnh]

sure, 1/10th the INT's, but only because he'll only play half as long as Farve did.

He'll also throw 1/10th the yards, and 1/10th the TD's.

Aaron Rodgers is the most overrated quarterback in the league aside from Romo.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
[quote="Mitch":eek:1rc4sy7]Favre wins SB early in career to never win again. Rodgers wins SB early in career ....

Packers defense won a super bowl. Refresh my memory who was the mvp of the super bowl last year.[/quote:eek:1rc4sy7]

My point was, that Rodgers won't win another one :) . Did you not get my left drift_

I got it mitch lol.

400yrds passing with 4tds, and 2 rushing tds. God please trade this piece of shit player lol.

I think favre avg more ints per game in the playoffs, than rodgers has in every playoff game combined. You're a fool. Maybe favre sent you a dick pic and you've been in love ever since.

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="Maize&Cheese304":bld7m9th]

Rodgers will throw 1/10th the int's favre threw. Boy do I miss those game ending TOs in the playoffs!

sure, 1/10th the INT's, but only because he'll only play half as long as Farve did.

He'll also throw 1/10th the yards, and 1/10th the TD's.

Aaron Rodgers is the most overrated quarterback in the league aside from Romo.

[/quote:bld7m9th]I disagree, he was simply clutch in the playoffs last year.. He certainly won't have the career line that Favre has, but he is possibly the most overrated QB of all time.. Rodgers should have played 2 years prior, but Favre held it up being a little bitch.. I don't think Rodgers is as good as Manning, Brady or Breeze, but he's certainly top 5... Any person saying he's overrated is off base, unless they are saying he's ahead of those 3 in any capacity..

Id go a healthy manning, brady, rodgers. Then brees. Drew throws two many pics. And none of them are even close as mobile. Go watch last years playoff game agaisnt alanta. He avoids so many sacks. There's not a qb in the league id rather have.

thumb i gotta ask, are you watching the Mirror Universe Rodgers or something? Cause our version is clearly a top 3 QB in the league right now MINIMUM. If he was overrated he wouldnt have the highest career QB rating of any qualifying QB in history, the lowest INT ratio of any qualifying QB in history, and he wouldnt already have a super bowl MVP. You only think he's overrated because you're jealous that we found a successor for Favre who might end up being better than the first-ballot hall-of-famer he replaced.

and i'd hold off on questioning other QBs' longevity till Stafford manages to play a full season.

I certainly agree that Rodgers is better than FAvre... But I think Favre is the most overrated QB of all time next to Dan Fouts.. Both put up the stats, but rarely did it in crunch time.. I wouldn't even put Favre in my top 10 of all time.. Marino and Manning were better in the clutch than Favre was..

I have mixed feels for favre. The little boy running around the field, making plays out of nothing with shovel passes, just plain out happy to play the game. That guy would be in my top 5. But the asshole he turned into, holding gbp hostage with retirement, ignoring rodgers like a jealous older brother, having his own locker room, going to minny just to beat gb. That guy can't eat shit. Mike sherman ruined favre and made his ego huge.

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="Mitch":5jzm4k1o]Favre wins SB early in career to never win again. Rodgers wins SB early in career ....

Except Rodgers is not 1/10th the player that Favre was, and never will be.[/quote:5jzm4k1o]Like I said people are blinded by the longevity and stats.. Favre is the most overrated QB of all time..

Maize&Cheese304 said:
I have mixed feels for favre. The little boy running around the field, making plays out of nothing with shovel passes, just plain out happy to play the game. That guy would be in my top 5. But the asshole he turned into, holding gbp hostage with retirement, ignoring rodgers like a jealous older brother, having his own locker room, going to minny just to beat gb. That guy can't eat shit. Mike sherman ruined favre and made his ego huge.
Regardless that 96 team had an elite defense and special teams.. Favre was not the biggest reason they won it.. Rodgers was and played on a team that was decimated with injuries.. I can only imagine how good they would have been if they were even 90% healthy.. They destroyed a heavily favored Atlanta and Rodgers was the sole reason why..

tigers99888 said:
Maize&Cheese304 said:
Regardless that 96 team had an elite defense and special teams.. Favre was not the biggest reason they won it.. Rodgers was and played on a team that was decimated with injuries.. I can only imagine how good they would have been if they were even 90% healthy.. They destroyed a heavily favored Atlanta and Rodgers was the sole reason why..

Thank you! Tell that to thumb. Favre always had a top defense, solid recievers and running backs. And gets one fuckin super bowl. You could almost put trent dilfer in and might get 2 superbowls.

tigers99888 said:
I certainly agree that Rodgers is better than FAvre... But I think Favre is the most overrated QB of all time next to Dan Fouts.. Both put up the stats, but rarely did it in crunch time.. I wouldn't even put Favre in my top 10 of all time.. Marino and Manning were better in the clutch than Favre was..

Fouts was awesome and he had that awesome beard.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
tigers99888 said:

Fouts was awesome and he had that awesome beard.
I could say that Fouts certainly was one of the most talented QBs of all time, but he was far from clutch and he had a great offense around him as well..

Wow some of you lions fans are completely ridiculous.

Clearly you haven't been watching the show Aaron Rodgers has been putting on since last postseason.

Since last post season? So we're suppose to annoint Rodgers as the best ever because of 4 games? Yeah buddy.

Well he's avg 4000yrds in his first 3 seasons lol

So mad he didn't break the 4000 mark last year.

Back