Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Okay Fine I?ll Start the 2021 (or 2020?) Olympics Thread

"I want to be a world class athlete so I can compete on the biggest stage in the world"

"I don't like being on the biggest stage in the world. I need a time out"

I can?t comment in this manner, since I?ve never been in this situation. Maybe something drastically changed, or this young woman felt that it was not worth the extraneous pressure and attention.

I can?t comment in this manner, since I?ve never been in this situation. Maybe something drastically changed, or this young woman felt that it was not worth the extraneous pressure and attention.

It seems to me her primary concern was risk of serious injury.

If Naomi Osaka is receiving service and suddenly doesn?t know where the ball is, I guess maybe she swings and misses; maybe she somehow connects and wacks it into the judge?s head.

If Simone Biles is airborne with her heels over her head and suddenly doesn?t know where the ground is?that?s a different story.

I read an article she said she didn't have it, based on her performances, I'd agree. And with her exiting stage right the American team rallied to get to silver. With her I doubt they get silver.

Last edited:
I read an article she said she didn't have it, based on her performances, I'd agree. And with her exiting stage right the American team rallied to get to silver. With her I doubt they get silver.

if that's what happened, then she should be applauded for putting her ego aside for the good of the team.

if that's what happened, then she should be applauded for putting her ego aside for the good of the team.

One small statement, "The decision comes a day after Biles removed herself from the team final following one rotation because she felt she wasn't mentally ready."

So it might have been about her mental state but her routines were less than normal. And I think she did want to help the team.

One small statement, "The decision comes a day after Biles removed herself from the team final following one rotation because she felt she wasn't mentally ready."

So it might have been about her mental state but her routines were less than normal. And I think she did want to help the team.

Yeah, it?s good.

They very probably weren?t going to get the gold anyway, so why not give Jordan, Suni, Jade, Grace and Mikayla a little time in the spotlight?

You know their names?

I watched yesterday.

I remember stuff pretty well.

I won?t remember their names forever but I?ll remember them for a little while.

I remember Gabby and Michaela from the last Olympics or the one before that.

Obviously I remember Simones.

Michaela has that one commercial out right now lampooning her famous smirk that she made after she was unhappy with an Olympic performance and later reprise with Obama.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vFiywyiUAp8

USA women soccer team advances to final four with a nerve racking 2-2 final. Won the penalty shootout out 4-2 over the Netherlands. Dominated early play and were down 1-0 but pressing style for two fast goals and were up 2-1 at halftime. Tied early in the second half 2-2 I thought the Netherlands played real well in the second half. USA has 4 goals Disallowed because of offsides. Our goalie saved 2 in the shootout and that was that won shootout 4-1.

Three teams from the same group make semifinals USA, Sweden and Australia.

Semifinals
USA
Canada

Sweden
Australia

USA women soccer team advances to final four with a nerve racking 2-2 final. Won the penalty shootout out 4-2 over the Netherlands. Dominated early play and were down 1-0 but pressing style for two fast goals and were up 2-1 at halftime. Tied early in the second half 2-2 I thought the Netherlands played real well in the second half. USA has 4 goals Disallowed because of offsides. Our goalie saved 2 in the shootout and that was that won shootout 4-1.

Three teams from the same group make semifinals USA, Sweden and Australia.

Semifinals
USA
Canada

Sweden
Australia

women's soccer or watch some paint dry...close call for me.

Look it?s that Sparty Dayday Green.

Is he going to kick some foreigner right in the balls?

You can definitely see the outline of the Canadian women?s beach volleyball buttcracks against their bikini bottoms than you can see the Americans.?

So Canada eliminates the USA in beach volleyball and moves on?too bad for the US but for what it?s worth, the Canadian girls are much hotter?

So at least we have that going for us.

Back