Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Okay Fine I?ll Start the 2021 (or 2020?) Olympics Thread

USA big breasted woman wins first set 25-19 over Serbia in case anyone cares.

3-0 sweep though a bit dicey in the last set. Going to play for gold.

You got to watch Kata. It seems like it's screaming match. Lol.

I've watched so much more Olympics than I ever though I would.

I haven't watched a single second of it on purpose They did have some marathon on the TV at the outside bar we were sitting at last evening. It was on for over an hour...a bunch of skinny women running for hours. Riveting television!

I haven't watched a single second of it on purpose They did have some marathon on the TV at the outside bar we were sitting at last evening. It was on for over an hour...a bunch of skinny women running for hours. Riveting television!

You stud you.

That is the nature of marathons that are run at this level of competition.

They go on for hours.

The participants are skinny.

I suppose that?s the general nature of all marathons.

Maybe not every participant is skinny, but for the ones who aren?t, that makes those marathons go on even more hours in general.

So the two balance each other out.

Me neither. Summer Olympics are just no longer of interest to me.

I hadn't watch the Summer for years, maybe 2000. But somehow there are so many great stories that I've enjoyed. But there are some really dumb events.

Want to know a dumb sport, not at the Olympics but on cable, Tag. Earlier I saw Bean Bag Toss, lol.

Women's volleyball should be considered most impressive US team in this Olympics. First time US has won gold in that event, the last event the US had nor won gold in outside of new events just added.

It also moved the US to 39 total gold medals, so a big Fuck China was included in the moment, which is always a good thing.

Women's volleyball should be considered most impressive US team in this Olympics. First time US has won gold in that event, the last event the US had nor won gold in outside of new events just added.

It also moved the US to 39 total gold medals, so a big Fuck China was included in the moment, which is always a good thing.

Fuck China.
Fuck China right you know where.

The Gold medal winner in men's Kumite was knocked out by his opponent, who was disqualified for "kicking too hard." The guy who was clocked left himself wide open and he was accelerating forward when he was hit.

You can't make this stuff up, but I also know in my experience in sparring that I've been stunned by a seemingly benign kick that clipped me just right, and I incapacitated an opponent with a kick to the solar plexus that was not close to full power.

But, in this day and age ... anything and everything is possible.

Scrub to 4:16:

https://youtu.be/A1HQDP-tkxo

Last edited:
It's the way the rules are written by the IOC. Not sure how to could stop a kick once it's started. It's funny he wakes up some time later and told he won the gold. Lol.

I saw a Judo match or or some martial arts and one of the woman looked like she was chocked out, and unconscious. The winner is celebrating, referee is awarding the winner - and no one seems to be concerned about the women laying unconscious. Like's it's a normal thing.

It's the way the rules are written by the IOC. Not sure how to could stop a kick once it's started. It's funny he wakes up some time later and told he won the gold. Lol.

I suppose. You can, with control, limit the force of a punch or kick in sparring. But the Gold medal winner certainly contributed to the damage by leaning into the force of the kick.

Back