Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Other Games Week 10

I honestly think the only team that can beat Georgia is Georgia. If they make enough mistakes, and by that I mean at least -4 on turnovers and 10+ penalties along with missed tackles and their QB having under 50% completion rate. I mean that is seeming to be the bare minimum required for Georgia to lose. Another team going toe-to-toe with them is not going to win. They are like Iron Mike Tyson in his prime, opponents are lucky to still have a small chance after the 1st quarter as usually their opponents are already knocked out.

UC went toe to toe with them last year and lost on a last-second field goal. And before anyone tries to @me with some bs about "last year" the guys that sat out of the bowl game for UGA are in the NFL now, so the guys wrecking the SEC this year were in the field that game. Their schedule is not all that great either. It looked great going in, but they got a lot of credit for beating Clemson before everyone realized that Clemson was shit. Not saying they haven't been the most impressive team, just that they're not as far ahead of OSU as most people give them credit for.

LOL gotime is having a bad day and wants to fight on the internet.

it's hilarious that read bphillips still whining about made up garbage a week later, see one post from gotime and say he's trying to pick a fight. you two are completely delusional (note the spelling bphil). Good news for you, bphil's take on football indicates someone knows less than you about something.

Last edited:
If Michigan can get through the white out (or helmet out, whatever tf the pedos call it now) with a win it's going to be yet another year that The Game decides the division. Which is how the conference and the committee want it to be. Michigan and OSU are the only B1G teams that still have a realistic shot at the CFP. They just don't have enough respect for the second-tier programs to overlook a loss.

uofm is a 1st tier B1G team - you are cracking me up, man. You sound like my 94 year old aunt - she's drawing a blank on the last 15 years or so and still thinks ND is the best team in CFB every year. what's your excuse?

Good luck in the white out - seriously, I'll be cheering for uofm but wondering if you're preparing excuses now if they lose or will you make them up during the game?

Last edited:
I know most people here were pretty down after the game last week. But the bottom line is Michigan is now in control of their own destiny again. And a 12-1 Michigan is in the CFP. No ifs, ands or buts. I think 12-1 Michigan is in over undefeated OU or UC. Same for OSU. MSU isn't going to have 1 loss so there's no point in even debating whether or not the committee would consider them. They're going to lose to OSU and even though PSU is awful Mel will be preparing for LSU by that point so they'll likely lose that game as well. The good thing is I think the national sentiment is that they are a "good" loss (similar to the OSU loss to Oregon) while simultaneously it is recognized by nearly every national pundit I've read that Michigan was the better team. Obviously UM fans would like our coaches to be able to adjust to the college crap that MSU was employing like catching them in substitutions for 3 penalties and 2 TDs and not scoring TDs in the red zone, but the national media all seem to recognize the fact that it took resorting to that stuff and an egregiously bad officiating mistake for MSU to win, which is why the voters didn't penalize Michigan. I know that the MSU Homer's that post here are probably choosing to ignore the facts (specifically that there was a historically bad officiating gaffe that took 6 points off the board) because of their extreme inferiority complex. I just hope that they don't take the Purdon't loss too hard because most of them are good dudes.

UC went toe to toe with them last year and lost on a last-second field goal. And before anyone tries to @me with some bs about "last year" the guys that sat out of the bowl game for UGA are in the NFL now, so the guys wrecking the SEC this year were in the field that game. Their schedule is not all that great either. It looked great going in, but they got a lot of credit for beating Clemson before everyone realized that Clemson was shit. Not saying they haven't been the most impressive team, just that they're not as far ahead of OSU as most people give them credit for.

Oh, I don't think Georgia actually got better than last year, not much anyway. I think that all the other teams just got worse. All the really good QBs and other players who went to the NFL coupled with 2020 Covid stuff where continuity was impacted.

Just my perception on why Georgia seems so good this year.

With all this vitriol flying about, just a reminder that Wake Forest (now 8-1) lost to NC, 58-55. Not surprised that Purdue won; it?s their ethos. Not happy that PU did what UM didn?t ? establish and maintain a lead for 60 minutes.

With all this vitriol flying about, just a reminder that Wake Forest (now 8-1) lost to NC, 58-55. Not surprised that Purdue won; it?s their ethos. Not happy that PU did what UM didn?t ? establish and maintain a lead for 60 minutes.

I think I'd write the story like this... MSU was a shaky 7-0, but played their best game against us, fooling a lot of people. They're held together with chewing gum and tape, and it was just a matter of time for someone - not Gattis - to exploit the glaring weakness in their defense.

The numbers didn't lie: Sagarin never had them ranked above the mid 20's.

If they didn't have Walker this year who knows how many losses they'd have already. 3 or maybe even 4

I know most people here were pretty down after the game last week. But the bottom line is Michigan is now in control of their own destiny again

Where do you get this?

After last week?s loss, Michigan realistically* needed the hated buckeyes to defeat the rival Spartans in pretty much any scenario.

None of that has changed.

If the Spartans win out, they have the tiebreaker over both Michigan and Ohio State; doesn?t matter if Michigan also wins out.

*The rival Spartans could beat the hated buckeyes on the road and lose to either PSU or Maryland at home; not likely, but?

Last edited:
Where do you get this?

After last week?s loss, Michigan realistically* needed the hated buckeyes to defeat the rival Spartans in pretty much any scenario.

If the Spartans win out, they have the tiebreaker over both Michigan and Ohio State; doesn?t matter if Michigan also wins out.

*The rival Spartans could beat the hated buckeyes on the road and lose to either PSU or Maryland at home; not likely, but?

Nebraska took MSU to OT in "the woodshed" so it's well within the realm of possibility that they could lose to PSU there.

There's a pretty clear roadmap to beat MSU now: just throw the ball over and over again, and let Walker get his yards and TDs. PennSt can probably do that.

Nebraska took MSU to OT in "the woodshed" so it's well within the realm of possibility that they could lose to PSU there.

There's a pretty clear roadmap to beat MSU now: just throw the ball over and over again, and let Walker get his yards and TDs. PennSt can probably do that.

Sure.

Almost any athletic outcome is within the realm of possibility, many that are not especially likely can still be called well within the realm of possibility.

The best chance for a Spartan loss is on the road against against the buckeyes.

Of course, most importantly, Michigan has to take care of its own business, which our guys do control.

If Michigan doesn?t, nothing else matters.

Where do you get this?

MSU is not going to beat OSU. That is a given. They just let Purdue put up over 500 yards passing on them. OSU is going to roast them.

Coaches poll has Michigan ahead of MSU. They get it. Michigan is the better team.

MSU is not going to beat OSU. That is a given. They just let Purdue put up over 500 yards passing on them. OSU is going to roast them.

Coaches poll has Michigan ahead of MSU. They get it. Michigan is the better team.

Yeah, no, nothing is a given.

I hope you?re right, and I think you probably are that OSU will win.

But nothing is a given.

Michigan does not control its own destiny now, in any context-logically rationally or mathematically.

Michigan needs the Spartans to lose, and there is nothing Michigan can do itself to cause that.

That is literally the definition of not controlling one?s own destiny.

Meh. I'm going to continue operating under the assumption that an OSU win is a foregone conclusion. Because it is. I understand what you are saying but that's as close to a lock as it gets. MSU's pass defense is awful, OSU averages 352 passing yards per game.

But, to make you happy and for the sake of being technically correct, Michigan will again be in control of its own destiny in 2 weeks if they continue to win. And when OSU beats MSU by 20.

did whoever was our DB coach last year move to EL?

you know, the guy who was reportedly AWOL from his coaching duties, and no one would confirm or deny where he was?

Meh. I'm going to continue operating under the assumption that an OSU win is a foregone conclusion. Because it is. I understand what you are saying but that's as close to a lock as it gets. MSU's pass defense is awful, OSU averages 352 passing yards per game.

But, to make you happy and for the sake of being technically correct, Michigan will again be in control of its own destiny in 2 weeks if they continue to win. And when OSU beats MSU by 20.

what would you like to wager that uofm loses complete control of the destiny they already don't control this weekend?

edit: keep in mind @ psu is road game against a ranked opponent...

Last edited:
what would you like to wager that uofm loses complete control of the destiny they already don't control this weekend?

edit: keep in mind @ psu is road game against a ranked opponent...

I'll bet a South Park Monster wager. Three fitty.
J/K... I never bet on sports.

Last edited:
Until Jimmy proves he can beat ranked teams on the road or anywhere I?m not holding breath. Prove it Jim. Do something you haven?t done at Michigan . Win four games in a row in November.

Last edited:
Back