Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sandy Hook families win ruling against Alex Jones

I think it's even easier to see how the massive expansion of welfare, the destruction of the family and creating a culture of victimhood has left us with a permanent underclass of Democrat voters. You need to jump through a thousand hoops and take some giant leaps to link that to racism, let alone conclude that it's the primary driver.

Which of these things frees us from any moral obligation to address the places where we can measure racial bias impacting people?

Which of these things frees us from any moral obligation to address the places where we can measure racial bias impacting people?

who is making that argument? I'm just saying racism isn't a significant driver of the wealth gap. We should absolutely combat racism and correct bias if we can, no one is saying otherwise - except for leftist turds like MC who need the racist boogeyman for votes and to try to bully people on the internet. I happen to think you'll make a lot more headway on the wealth gap by fixing culture and values than by trying to fix problems that don't really affect it that much.

Last edited:
I mean, if your resume is 50% less likely to get a call back if your name suggests that you're black, that has nothing to do with welfare, the destruction of the family, a culture of victimhood, or how you vote, but it has a lot to do with how wealthy you are going to be...which could impact your need for welfare, the stress that pulls apart your family, your feelings of victimhood, and how you vote.

I mean, if your resume is 50% less likely to get a call back if your name suggests that you're black, that has nothing to do with welfare, the destruction of the family, a culture of victimhood, or how you vote, but it has a lot to do with how wealthy you are going to be...which could impact your need for welfare, the stress that pulls apart your family, your feelings of victimhood, and how you vote.

I know what you mean. I think it's more productive to fix the problems that drive businesses and investment and thus jobs out of communities than it is to address implicit bias or telling people not to be racist. I know the studies you're referring to, but in practice I've only seen the opposite for nearly 30 years now. Having worked at major accounting firms, investment banks, hedge funds and financial services firms since the early 90s, every one of those firms bent over backwards trying to hire minority candidates. On many occasions, I've seen resumes from qualified candidates get passed over because they don't check any of the diversity boxes - discrimination to combat discrimination. It's crazy.

I know what you mean. I think it's more productive to fix the problems that drive businesses and investment and thus jobs out of communities than it is to address implicit bias or telling people not to be racist. I know the studies you're referring to, but in practice I've only seen the opposite for nearly 30 years now. Having worked at major accounting firms, investment banks, hedge funds and financial services firms since the early 90s, every one of those firms bent over backwards trying to hire minority candidates. On many occasions, I've seen resumes from qualified candidates get passed over because they don't check any of the diversity boxes - discrimination to combat discrimination. It's crazy.

There's the kicker. Where do you go in a discussion when someone thinks their anecdote trumps research studies?

Maybe you should just just change your name to something that sounds less black...like Kareem Abdul Jabber or Meta World Peace.

yep, thats the kicker alright.

It is. Anecdotes can be useful. I'm not saying they aren't. They can illustrate the existence of things. But where is a conversation supposed to go if you hold your anecdote to represent what's typical and reject evidence that's not in line with your personal experience?

Maybe you should just just change your name to something that sounds less black...like Kareem Abdul Jabber or Meta World Peace.

I wouldn't blame someone for going by a different name. Lots of Chinese people have both Chinese and Western names they alternate between depending on the audience.

It is. Anecdotes can be useful. I'm not saying they aren't. They can illustrate the existence of things. But where is a conversation supposed to go if you hold your anecdote to represent what's typical and reject evidence that's not in line with your personal experience?

or maybe you're reading something I'm not saying.

Good, right?

I'm glad we're all on the same page here, and none of us are so unreasonable as to harass parents who lose a child, just to advance some batshit fucking insane conspiracy theory we want to push just to generate PR and buzz around our "media empire."

We have some standards here. phew.

Good, right?

I'm glad we're all on the same page here, and none of us are so unreasonable as to harass parents who lose a child, just to advance some batshit fucking insane conspiracy theory we want to push just to generate PR and buzz around our "media empire."

We have some standards here. phew.

For the most part, although Alex himself didn't harass any parents and those that did should be held accountable for there actions and I would not be convinced those that did were even his fans, it hasn't been uncommon at all in recent years for crazy left bats to start shit up under the guise of their foes and blame it on that other group, it's one of the things the alinsky radical types specialize in. One can truly not believe anything they hear and only half of what they see. I agree with Joe though, Alex is not well, the others that work for him are still ok but he is not well.

Last edited:
In Jones' deposition, he claims he made up this conspiracy theory because he was suffering from "psychosis"... which was of course not his fault, but brought on by the media and politicians lying to him so much (link):
BANKSTON [PLAINTIFF'S COUNSEL]: Okay, Mr. Jones. You would agree with me that when some damage happens, when you break something, when you cause something to be lost, when you hurt somebody, whether it?s intentional or whether it?s a mistake, there?s consequences for that, right? People should be accountable for the people they hurt?

BARNES [Jones' attorney]: Objection as to form.

JONES: Well, sometimes people claim they?ve been hurt when they haven?t been. So you have to look at the agenda behind things. You have to balance things about why has the mainstream media lied so much, why our Government?s lied so much, the fact that the public doesn?t believe what they?re told anymore, and are we going to criminalize questioning Jussie Smollett or WMDs or babies in incubators. And it really is the fact that we?ve allowed the Government and institutions to become so corrupt that people have lost any compass of what?s real.

And I, myself, have almost had like a form of psychosis back in the past where I basically thought everything was staged, even though I?m now learning a lot of times things aren?t staged. So I think as a pundit, someone giving an opinion, that, you know, my opinions have been wrong; but they were never wrong consciously to hurt people. And so I think it?s part of that process of me growing up in Rockwall, Texas and watching the police deal drugs and then conduct anti-drug programs in the school, I think that shook my opinion of police in general. And I was very anti-law enforcement until I grew up and learned more things, and now I?m pretty much pro police. So it?s been a process.

BANKSTON: You said false things about Sandy Hook because it was psychosis?

BARNES: Objection as to the form.

BANKSTON: Correct?

JONES: Well, I?m just saying that the trauma of the media and the corporations lying so much, then everything begins ? you don?t trust anything anymore, kind of like a child whose parents lie to them over and over again, well, pretty soon they don?t know what reality is.

So long before these lawsuits I said that in the past I thought everything was a conspiracy and I would kind of get into that mass group think of the communities that were out there saying that. And so now I see that it?s more in the middle. All right? So that?s where I stand.
The fact that so many people watch this asshole's show is like reason #3,542 that humanity is just fucked.

"Objection as to the form." is pretty good. Should start using that here too.

Anything that starts with "So, you're saying..."

I object to the form.

"Objection as to the form." is pretty good. Should start using that here too.

Anything that starts with "So, you're saying..."

I object to the form.

it's pretty standard boilerplate, in case he wants to later try to get some admission or statement thrown out. he'll have a harder time doing that if there's no objection in the record.

"Hey you did some asshole thing"

"Only because I had temporary psychosis because of what other people did. You know with the lies and the what-have-you... no one can really be held accountable for anything these days. I'm the real victim here."

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that so many people watch this asshole's show is like reason #3,542 that humanity is just fucked.

It's less than .0001% of everything he has ever said he's admitted he was wrong to jump to conclusions and go off the rails on SH, he's apologized and will lose this case. Once the left is successful in completing their purge of Alex Jones come hell or high water, questioning official narratives will no longer be allowed and punishable by fine or imprisonment.. Is that really the world you want to live in? because that is where all the banning of free speech and the right to question the totalitarian left is headed, by the end of the day the left won't be allowed to question either that's the end goal. chi com style control and enslavement, Jones is just the canary in the coal mine. I pretty sure you guys didn't have any huge issues with Jones when Bush was president did ya. nope..

Last edited:
I pretty sure you guys didn't have any huge issues with Jones when Bush was president did ya. nope..

To be honest, I don't think I'd heard of him back then. And if he was just doing 'normal' conspiracy stuff I would've probably liked him.

Back