Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Scherzer rejects Tigers contract offer

Now Boras is saying that it was the tigers who rejected max's offer and not the other way around.

who cares? as long as he doesnt sign.

On the radio the just said Boras said he didn't reject the offer, they will just continue negotiating after the season. So whatever that statement means.

I wanted to keep Fister before Max.

I didn't want to resign him. And that was the reason to not sign a LFer this offseason.

Now. We lose value on two starters. And may end up with only Lombardozzi, Krol and Ray to show for Fister and Scherzer.

What did the Tigers get when they let Polanco to walk?

Absolutely no reason to even make Max an offer until atleast midway through the season.

He could end up at that 4 1/2 ERA guy again, and alternating between blue eye and brown eye starts.

Now Boras is saying that it was the tigers who rejected max's offer and not the other way around.

who cares? as long as he doesnt sign.

I care a little bit. I would rather it was the Tigers that turned down a contract proposal than the other way around. That would tell me that the Tigers aren't very interested in extending him.

On the radio the just said Boras said he didn't reject the offer, they will just continue negotiating after the season. So whatever that statement means.

As was stated by DD, the Tigers offered Max top 5 money for pitchers current high contracts, and just below JV.
But the 'Top' money is Now, not even when kershaw signed and that's why Boras and max refused the offer. Boras is such a f'n cunt.

What I fear is they won't offer max arbitration like they should have before for players like Peralta the other guy, or few years back Polanco, so they can at least get the draft pick.

What an awful 6 months of losing the ALCS, and all the shit trades, not offering arby, and signings and what we get for Fister 2 seasons before it would have happened.
f'n egg shells and a f'n hambone instead of filet mignon.

I care a little bit. I would rather it was the Tigers that turned down a contract proposal than the other way around. That would tell me that the Tigers aren't very interested in extending him.

You actually think Boras would tell the truth? He wants money for his client..

As was stated by DD, the Tigers offered Max top 5 money for pitchers current high contracts, and just below JV.
But the 'Top' money is Now, not even when kershaw signed and that's why Boras and max refused the offer. Boras is such a f'n cunt.

What I fear is they won't offer max arbitration like they should have before for players like Peralta the other guy, or few years back Polanco, so they can at least get the draft pick.

What an awful 6 months of losing the ALCS, and all the shit trades, not offering arby, and signings and what we get for Fister 2 seasons before it would have happened.
f'n egg shells and a f'n hambone instead of filet mignon.

Unfortunately, I agree with everything you stated. How anyone could think DD, or even Joe Dumars were great GMs is beyond me.

On top of this, we have a unknown Rookie manager. I see a carousel of managers of the next few years.

Now Jon Morosi is reporting Tigers last offer that Max rejected was 6yrs/144M

Why on earth would he turn that down??? How much more can you realistically get elsewhere? That's a great contract for him. It's not like that is an insulting offer. If you really want to be a Tiger than you'd sign that shit. Is a 7th year that important or something?

Unfortunately if this shit is true it's going to actually make us smile if he pitches like shit. I don't want to be somewhat rooting against a guy that we desperately need to perform well.

maybe, but for all intensive purposes, morosi is full of shit most of the time, and has backtracked on some of the stuff he throws at the wall.
He is a heyman, rosenthal, olney wannabe.

maybe, but for all intensive purposes, morosi is full of shit most of the time, and has backtracked on some of the stuff he throws at the wall.
He is a heyman, rosenthal, olney wannabe.

True but the fact that Stark said earlier the Tigers offer was at least 24M per year does back up Morosi`s claim a little bit

True but the fact that Stark said earlier the Tigers offer was at least 24M per year does back up Morosi`s claim a little bit

For me, Stark has more credibility than morosi.
I wonder if stark is going with morosi's info or elsewhere. Looking for the truth.

I just want Max traded. It's in the best interest of the team. Re-sign Miggy long term, and trade Max ASAP to get top value in return. We'd still have JV and Sanchez to anchor a still solid rotation, and be able to spend money on actual need and have good prospects to boot.

Why on earth would he turn that down??? How much more can you realistically get elsewhere? That's a great contract for him. It's not like that is an insulting offer. If you really want to be a Tiger than you'd sign that shit. Is a 7th year that important or something?

Unfortunately if this shit is true it's going to actually make us smile if he pitches like shit. I don't want to be somewhat rooting against a guy that we desperately need to perform well.

If you are a 29 year old pitcher every additional year is huge. I bet he gets more than that in free agency next year.

Back