Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. indians Game Thread August 19

johnny2x2x said:
WOW!!! Who would have thought!!! HR JACKSON!!!

I was just hoping he didn't GIDP.

After Betemit K'd I figured it would be the same for Raburn and Ajax.

Tigers 6th inning,

Betemit takes up and in strike call, fouled back, swings and misses a curve at 70,

Raburn line drive single for mudhen,

Jackson waits throw to first, takes a strike, fly to deep left and Jackson with a 2 run homer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tigers lead 2 - 0,

Jackson said enough of that soft crap, Boom,

Boesch takes high, inside strike call, slow curve strike call, fastball way high, jammed and he still swings popped to second,

Young takes high, swings and misses, again, high, drilled to deep left and right at the friggin wall,

Peralta and Young both miss homeruns by a foot or two,
Jackson didn't miss,

tomlin with about 80 pitches,

Tigers lead 2 - 0.

Need to just go on lockdown mode from here on out.

Scherzer 7th

Beniot 8th

Valverde 9th

And NOBODY else!

I like Young and am glad we picked him up, I think the sky is the limit for him, but it's eerie how he's done nothing all year to be a #3 hitter, yet even though he's not on our team the whole year, he might as well have been, because Jimmy bats him 3rd despite a season's worth of evidence he is not a #3 hitter. Boesch, Perralta, Avila, all have shown they'd be good there. WTF?

Big Homer by Ajax though!!! Come one Max, 1 more.

johnny2x2x said:
I like Young and am glad we picked him up, I think the sky is the limit for him, but it's eerie how he's done nothing all year to be a #3 hitter, yet even though he's not on our team the whole year, he might as well have been, because Jimmy bats him 3rd despite a season's worth of evidence he is not a #3 hitter. Boesch, Perralta, Avila, all have shown they'd be good there. WTF?

People have said the sky was the limit with him for the last 5 seasons.

MI_Thumb said:

Scherzer 7th

Beniot 8th

Valverde 9th

And NOBODY else!

Disagree, it's all lefties for Cleveland, 3 of them likely to start the 8th, nothing wrong with Coke against the lefties or even schlereth.

Thank god Raburn is replaced at 2B.

Betemit just don't so anything stupid....

SHIT...Perry warming up, and either coke or Schlereth

johnny2x2x said:
MI_Thumb said:

Scherzer 7th

Beniot 8th

Valverde 9th

And NOBODY else!

Disagree, it's all lefties for Cleveland, 3 of them likely to start the 8th, nothing wrong with Coke against the lefties or even schlereth.

Well disagree if you like, but Schlereth and Coke are not known for slamming the door.

They're known for opening windows.

MI_Thumb said:
johnny2x2x said:

True but he's still only 26..

At least we finally know that JL has recognized that Santiago is a better fielder than Raburn. I'm sure some of us questioned his disillusionment/sanity with that whole situation.

MI_Thumb said:
johnny2x2x said:

Well disagree if you like, but Schlereth and Coke are not known for slamming the door.

They're known for opening windows.

Lefties batting .302 with a .757 OPS against Benoit.

tigers99888 said:
MI_Thumb said:

26 and losing tools fast.

Remember he was once considered a 5 tool player, now he's just a tool.

MI_Thumb said:
tigers99888 said:

26 and losing tools fast.

Remember he was once considered a 5 tool player, now he's just a tool.
I don't think he was drafted with 5 tool in people's mind.. I read about his potential power.. People compared him to Pujols in the hitting category.. Never had any type of range..

Back