Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

tOfficial Ron Paul for President 2012 Thread

Besides saying RP is crazy, a lunatic, and unelectable, tell me what policies of his you disagree with and how you believe they will hurt this country. GO!

MSUspartan said:
Besides saying RP is crazy, a lunatic, and unelectable, tell me what policies of his you disagree with and how you believe they will hurt this country. GO!

who me ?

I like Ron Paul and actually am on the same page as him politically on some issues...it's just sad the guy doesn't stand a chance.

he gets in , gets his agenda out there for debate knowing full well they're going to come at him from both sides.

SLICK said:
MSUspartan said:

who me ?

I like Ron Paul and actually am on the same page as him politically on some issues...it's just sad the guy doesn't stand a chance.

he gets in , gets his agenda out there for debate knowing full well they're going to come at him from both sides.

No, everyone in general.

I don't agree with him 100%, but for the most part I do.

Simple things, like I do believe cocaine and other hard drugs should be illegal federally, states shouldn't be able to decide this.

MSUspartan said:
SLICK said:
who me ?

No, everyone in general.

I don't agree with him 100%, but for the most part I do.

Simple things, like I do believe cocaine and other hard drugs should be illegal federally, states shouldn't be able to decide this.

if I were American...I'd be like alot of the country an independent.

I liked Regan , wasn't a Clinton fan until his 2nd term , and am still giving Obama the benefit of the doubt.

Canada we vote for the party not the man....don't like it all , can like some of the parties agenda , but once the man gets in and he has a majority it gets like a Dictatorship....Provincial and Municipal gov't really takes on more burden over here...the Federal fucks just want your tax money.

I like Ron Paul's foreign policy positions for the most part.

As far as Libertarianism? How's it working out for Somalia? That's got to be the least regulated and most free trade economy in the World. The government barely provides policing and national defense.

The thing with Paul is that he has these big ideas and that's fine, but people don't seem to realize the President is not a dictator. Paul couldn't end the Fed if he became President anymore than he could end welfare or social security. He might drag the country towards some of the domestic policies he favors, but he wont be able to make any real wholesale changes. Foreign policy? He could probably make more dramatic changes here. He could bring our troops home from Afghanistan and other places immediately and cut off a lot of foreign aid swiftly as well.

johnny2x2x said:
I like Ron Paul's foreign policy positions for the most part.

As far as Libertarianism? How's it working out for Somalia? That's got to be the least regulated and most free trade economy in the World. The government barely provides policing and national defense.

The thing with Paul is that he has these big ideas and that's fine, but people don't seem to realize the President is not a dictator. Paul couldn't end the Fed if he became President anymore than he could end welfare or social security. He might drag the country towards some of the domestic policies he favors, but he wont be able to make any real wholesale changes. Foreign policy? He could probably make more dramatic changes here. He could bring our troops home from Afghanistan and other places immediately and cut off a lot of foreign aid swiftly as well.

Changes have to start somewhere. The Federal Reserve has so much power it's almost impossible to fathom. It would be impossible to change everything overnight, but he can put our country on the right path. It's ignorant to tell people they shouldn't support RP because he isn't electable. If the media gave him equal coverage then Americans would realize they believe in many of his policies.

I don't like how minimalist he wants the federal government to be. You can say all you want about lower government providing for their people(education/health care/welfare). But the fact of the matter is all that leads to is richer areas getting richer and poorer areas falling behind. It is impossible to catch up if you do not level the playing field.

Why do you believe the federal government could provide more than the state?

Ron Paul has said that we need to end foreign aid and spend that money here in America and give it back into the pockets of Americans. Imagine how much $40 billion annually spent here (responsibly of course) would benefit people who need it.

I think the federal government provides an equalizer. A bottom bar if you will.

For an example: even now, the success of schools is largely dependent on if you live in a rich district or a poor district. Richer districts can levy more taxes whereas poorer districts can't afford it. Poorer people can't live in rich neighborhoods and therefore have a worse education. That doesn't help with anything besides helping the rich get better jobs in the future to help their children stay in the better schools whereas the poor get a worse education and have a worse chance of doing something better with their lives.

Do outliers exist yes. But social mobility is tougher in this country than any other first world country (99% sure of this, but going off a memory so maybe 2nd or 3rd worst 1st world country)

hockeywings said:
I think the federal government provides an equalizer. A bottom bar if you will.

For an example: even now, the success of schools is largely dependent on if you live in a rich district or a poor district. Richer districts can levy more taxes whereas poorer districts can't afford it. Poorer people can't live in rich neighborhoods and therefore have a worse education. That doesn't help with anything besides helping the rich get better jobs in the future to help their children stay in the better schools whereas the poor get a worse education and have a worse chance of doing something better with their lives.

Do outliers exist yes. But social mobility is tougher in this country than any other first world country (99% sure of this, but going off a memory so maybe 2nd or 3rd worst 1st world country)

Yes, I understand, but if you eliminate federal spending then state spending will increase.

I tend to agree with a lot of Paul' ideology but he assuredly has zero shot at getting the repub nomination.

Simply will never get the money and backing of the corporations and without the money there's no campaign. No campaign and your idea's, as was pointed out earlier, get squashed from both ends (left and right) by the people willing to tow the company line.

Like I said, I admire his ideology and political morals but he has zero chance and in all honesty, sparty, your setting yourself up to be let down if you put any actual time/effort/emotion into his candidacy.

It seems a lot of people agree with parts of Paul's ideology; it is the part that people disagree with that separates people from him.

hockeywings said:
It seems a lot of people agree with parts of Paul's ideology; it is the part that people disagree with that separates people from him.

WRONG! It's the media telling the American people not to vote for him.

Paul is in solid 4th for the GOP, yet the media would rather talk about Perry and Bachman. That is a fact.

I'm officially staying out of all other political threads.

RON PAUL 2012

lionsftw said:
I tend to agree with a lot of Paul' ideology but he assuredly has zero shot at getting the repub nomination.

Simply will never get the money and backing of the corporations and without the money there's no campaign. No campaign and your idea's, as was pointed out earlier, get squashed from both ends (left and right) by the people willing to tow the company line.

Like I said, I admire his ideology and political morals but he has zero chance and in all honesty, sparty, your setting yourself up to be let down if you put any actual time/effort/emotion into his candidacy.

1) Saying you believe in his policies, but saying he isn't electable is going against everything YOU believe in. Last time I checked he was elected into Congress multiple times.

2) Paul does have the money. His supporters are out there donating as much as they can. For his "money bomb" today we have donated $460,000 so far and the day is far from over. This broke college student decided to skip the bar last night and donate $15 towards turning America around.

THE PEOPLE IN THE US MILITARY HAVE DONATED MORE TO RON PAUL THAN EVERY GOP CANDIDATE AND OBAMA COMBINED!

3) No other candidate will cut spending and strengthen our dollar like Paul can. He is the ONLY one who has stated a plan to balance the budget.

4) Who predicted the housing crash? Who predicted global recession? RON PAUL

He is the smartest man running, and actually follows the Constitution.

MSUspartan said:
lionsftw said:

1) Saying you believe in his policies, but saying he isn't electable is going against everything YOU believe in. Last time I checked he was elected into Congress multiple times.

2) Paul does have the money. His supporters are out there donating as much as they can. For his "money bomb" today we have donated $460,000 so far and the day is far from over. This broke college student decided to skip the bar last night and donate $15 towards turning America around.

THE PEOPLE IN THE US MILITARY HAVE DONATED MORE TO RON PAUL THAN EVERY GOP CANDIDATE AND OBAMA COMBINED!

3) No other candidate will cut spending and strengthen our dollar like Paul can. He is the ONLY one who has stated a plan to balance the budget.

Michelle Bachmans been electd to congress MULTIPLE times...she ain't got a shot in hell either.

winning a congressional district election is a helluva lot different then winning a PRESIDENTIAL election.

the only sitting congressman to ever to be elected was Garfield.

SLICK said:
MSUspartan said:

Michelle Bachmans been electd to congress MULTIPLE times...she ain't got a shot in hell either.

winning a congressional district election is a helluva lot different then winning a PRESIDENTIAL election.

the only sitting congressman to ever to be elected was Garfield.

Saying if someone is electable or not is a weak argument. Obama barely spent time in the US Senate. Shouldn't that have meant he was unelectable/qualified?

If his media coverage was equal and unbiased he would be in the top 2.

hockeywings said:
Wasn't JFK a sitting congressman to serve as president? And Obama?

my god you Americans don't even know your own history...lol

Kennedy was a Senator as was Obama.

Back