Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

tOfficial Ron Paul for President 2012 Thread

1) again, you are a one sided person. Perhaps, I didn't mean stop corruption of current politicians. Perhaps, I meant to not allow people who are uber rich to be the only ones that can afford to be office.

2) Yup, we should shut off all spending when we have a bill. screw the poor, screw the middle class, screw the environment, screw other nations. Fuck them. We have a credit bill to pay. Again, you cannot be so bloody black and white. There is good spending and bad spending.

spending doesn't help the economy? I was unaware that demand for products doesn't help the economy. Sorry, of the two popular economic theories, I am against the one that hasn't worked for the past 30 years.

hockeywings said:
1) again, you are a one sided person. Perhaps, I didn't mean stop corruption of current politicians. Perhaps, I meant to not allow people who are uber rich to be the only ones that can afford to be office.

2) Yup, we should shut off all spending when we have a bill. screw the poor, screw the middle class, screw the environment, screw other nations. Fuck them. We have a credit bill to pay. Again, you cannot be so bloody black and white. There is good spending and bad spending.

spending doesn't help the economy? I was unaware that demand for products doesn't help the economy. Sorry, of the two popular economic theories, I am against the one that hasn't worked for the past 30 years.

It's nice to see you are beginning to admit the your statements are hollow.

1) Where does Ron Paul not support the poor and middle class? You keep saying it, but I don't see anything. You think government handouts are the only solution.

2) So many bills are full of crap and wasteful spending.

Stimulus plans have shown to be ineffective under Bush and Obama. I'm still waiting on the spending that created all those "shovel ready jobs". Stimulus has proven the federal government is incapable of making decisions without the influence of public interest. In the BIG stimulus Michigan State received $187,632 to preserve an insect collection! One example of BILLIONS of dollars of waste.

Now, why would Ron Paul want to support spending that involves so much waste?

I want to point out another very important note. THE STUDENT LOAN BUBBLE.

Student loans are the sole reason the cost of a college education is so high. Ron Paul didn't make that clear in the last debate. He said people should pay for college, "the same way you pay for a cellphone or computer." He should have chosen better words and explained things more.

MSUspartan said:
hockeywings said:

1) Where does Ron Paul not support the poor and middle class? You keep saying it, but I don't see anything. You think government handouts are the only solution.

Stimulus plans have shown to be ineffective under Bush and Obama. I'm still waiting on the spending that creative all those "shovel ready jobs". Stimulus is have proven the federal government is incapable of making decisions without the influence of public interest. In the BIG stimulus Michigan State received $187,632 to preserve an insect collection! One example of BILLIONS of dollars of waste.

1) His policies would result in richer communities doing better and poorer communities doing worse. It is a guarantee from moving decisions to lower levels.

2) Again, nice rhetoric. But useless if you are just going to make an argument. $187,000 is not even a drop in the bucket on a national scale. Its like a drop in the bucket on a universe size scale.

MSUspartan said:
I want to point out another very important note. THE STUDENT LOAN BUBBLE.

Student loans are the sole reason the cost of a college education is so high. Ron Paul didn't make that clear in the last debate. He said people should pay for college, "the same way you pay for a cellphone or computer." He should have chosen better words and explained things more.

We should pay for education. You want to compete on a global scale, pay for it.

4 pages for a guy who will be gone by the time the primaries get to South Carolina.

hockeywings said:
MSUspartan said:

Stimulus plans have shown to be ineffective under Bush and Obama. I'm still waiting on the spending that created all those "shovel ready jobs". Stimulus has proven the federal government is incapable of making decisions without the influence of public interest. In the BIG stimulus Michigan State received $187,632 to preserve an insect collection! One example of BILLIONS of dollars of waste.

1) His policies would result in richer communities doing better and poorer communities doing worse. It is a guarantee from moving decisions to lower levels.

2) Again, nice rhetoric. But useless if you are just going to make an argument. $187,000 is not even a drop in the bucket on a national scale. Its like a drop in the bucket on a universe size scale.

1) WHAT POLICIES?

2) I said 1 example.

I fully understand why you are an underemployed/underpaid teacher.

tsmith7559 said:
SLICK said:
4 pages for a guy who will be gone by the time the primaries get to South Carolina.

Paul never goes away

If Paul doesn't win then look for Gary Johnson or Rand Paul next. His message will never die.

MSUspartan said:
hockeywings said:

1) WHAT POLICIES?

2) I said 1 example.

1)Moving decisions downward means they are going to be funded by the lower governments. Rich state ===> better off, poorer state===>worse off. Wouldn't be as bad as if you tried to get communities to run everything but the trend is the same.

2)Any examples of good government spending? Roads, healthcare, social security, medicare, education, jobs, jobs, we fucking need fucking jobs in this country.

hockeywings said:
MSUspartan said:
1) WHAT POLICIES?

2) I said 1 example.

1)Moving decisions downward means they are going to be funded by the lower governments. Rich state ===> better off, poorer state===>worse off. Wouldn't be as bad as if you tried to get communities to run everything but the trend is the same.

2)Any examples of good government spending? Roads, healthcare, social security, medicare, education, jobs, jobs, we fucking need fucking jobs in this country.

1) Michigan is one of the poorer states (in reference to GDP) and I will have paid for a majority of my college education on my own, and as I've stated before because my parents could not afford to pay for my college. Nice argument.

2) Jobs? You cannot spend your way out of a recession. Education? the states were fully capable of running education before the Department of Education. Roads? Let the states handle roads. Healthcare? Let the states handle it. Social Security? I'm not even going to go there because it is going bankrupt!

You. Are. Hilarious!

1) It appears you are wrong, again... http://www.mybudget360.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/gdp-states.png

By only the color scheme, you can see that michigan is ahead of 34 other states GDP wise. But why don't you head down to pontiac and see how their schools compare to the schools in say west bloomfield. Tell me that money doesn't have anything to do with it.

2) Keep ignoring history about spending and recessions/depression. Roads, what about interstate roads? Healthcare, so you are against selling across state lines? Less competition, thought you were a capitalist kinda guy. Social security - you are either misinformed or purposefully trying to lie to people. Saying it is bankrupt is like calling the solar panels in your backyard a liability because you keep your AC at 32 degrees year round. Its funded and will be completely solvent for at least 27 years and if nothing is done, 80 percent of benefits minimum after that. Want more, just increase the maximum cap.

hockeywings said:
1) It appears you are wrong, again... http://www.mybudget360.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/gdp-states.png

By only the color scheme, you can see that michigan is ahead of 34 other states GDP wise. But why don't you head down to pontiac and see how their schools compare to the schools in say west bloomfield. Tell me that money doesn't have anything to do with it.

2) Keep ignoring history about spending and recessions/depression. Roads, what about interstate roads? Healthcare, so you are against selling across state lines? Less competition, thought you were a capitalist kinda guy. Social security - you are either misinformed or purposefully trying to lie to people. Saying it is bankrupt is like calling the solar panels in your backyard a liability because you keep your AC at 32 degrees year round. Its funded and will be completely solvent for at least 27 years and if nothing is done, 80 percent of benefits minimum after that. Want more, just increase the maximum cap.

1) Come on man, you need to use GDP per capita when referencing your data. Don't be so ignorant. Go look up that data, lmao.

Money does have something to do with it. But so does students not going to class, corruption in the school system, and poor management by the school.

Charter schools, private schools, and home schooling are all alternatives. Ron Paul wants tax credits to parents home schooling their children.

For some reason when I say give education back to the states you think I am ignoring lower income areas such as Detroit, etc. I am not. Quality education was provided before the Dept. of Education at the Federal level. Education itself was probably better before 1979.

2a) We all know the end of the war got us out of the depression. If spending gets us out of recessions then why haven't the TRILLIONS of dollars spent got us out of this recession.??? Don't ignore this question answer it. Bush spent, Obama spent and we are worse off.

2b) Healthcare should be sold across state lines.

3b) I said GOING bankrupt. Please, don't put words in my mouth. At the rate SS is going it is not sustainable and you are going to have to raise taxes to keep it funded.

1) So let me get this strait, you think it is a good idea for the federal government to get out of education completely and leave it to the states. Yet, you do not think this will adversely affect poorer states. Now you have already conceded the fact that money is part of the problem, yet you want poorer states to do more with less. you will argue that the states will get more because we will not be paying for the department of education. I will respond with where will that money disproportionally go which is obvious to the states that are more wealthy since they paid more to begin with. So, again how does this not favor the rich and punish the poor? You will probably respond that we have the option of moving to another state which is asinine when you consider how hard it is to move when you are poor.

2) A good portion of the stimulus money was in the form of tax cuts, which have been shown to not do anything for the economy for 30 years.

2b) Then you also agree that government should regulate it via the interstate commerce clause in the constitution.

3b) The fact is, it is not going bankrupt. It is completely solvent with the current funding for at least the next 27 years, and solvent at 80% from then on. If people fuck with it, sure it will go bankrupt just like the USPS is going to because it was fucked with in 2006(maybe 2007) with the mandate that it has to prepay retirement benefits for the next 75 years.

It boils down to this:

The Federal government has convinced YOU that you are too stupid to make your own decisions and choices. You have demonstrated that you prefer the federal government to run your life instead of you. I truly feel sorry that you have been brainwashed by Washington, but I know it is not your fault that you have been mislead.

I am dedicating this thread from here on out on Dr. Paul on his policies to restore Liberty, Freedom, and America through the R|Ǝ͟͞͞͞V͟͟͞O͟͞˩|UTION.

Back