Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

tOfficial Ron Paul for President 2012 Thread

hockeywings said:
congressman, unless i am mistaken, usually refers to representative or senator.

Congressman = US House Of Represenatives

Senator = US Senate

fair enough, I personally think of congress as the house of representative and senate, but dictionary.com seems to agree with you to an extent, so I can see what you mean

edit: changed or to of

hockeywings said:
fair enough, I personally think of congress as the house of representative and senate, but dictionary.com seems to agree with you to an extent, so I can see what you mean

edit: changed or to of

Obama was never a congressman either...Illinois State Senate to US Senate to White House.

Like I said, I think of congressman as someone who served in congress. i.e. representative or senator. I see that you are using congressman as solely representative, and I can respect that.

Well, both of you are right. Slick has the titles correct as to how they are addressed and Congress consists of both the Senate and House.

Ron Paul 2012

The question here should be, does Ron Paul have a shot at the VP?

MI_Thumb said:

He said he would have a hard time being VP, when he doesn't support the President's agenda.

You can't argue with him. I don't trust a word Romney or any other candidate says...flip/flop.

MSUspartan said:
MI_Thumb said:

He said he would have a hard time being VP, when he doesn't support the President's agenda.

You can't argue with him. I don't trust a word Romney or any other candidate says...flip/flop.

I agree, he's nothing like the other R candidates, but at this point his only chance is as VP, a position none of the current guys will offer him anyways even if he was open to it.

Hmm I don't think Ron Paul will select any of those guys once he wins :)

MSUspartan said:
Hmm I don't think Ron Paul will select any of those guys once he wins :)

I'd have no problem with Obama vs Paul...be an intersting election.

He has never voted for a tax increase
He wants to cut spending...ACTUALLY CUT!
He is against the Federal Reserve's monopoly on monetary regulation.
He supports home school rights
He wants to secure our borders/He favors guarding our country over policing the world.
He opposed the war in Iraq from the beginning.
He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
He has never taken a government-paid junket.
He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the US Treasury every year.
He is against eminent domain.
He believes local governments are better suited to handle their own issues.
He authorized the hunt for Bin Laden, but was against nation building in Afghanistan.

MSUspartan said:
He wants to secure our borders/He favors guarding our country over policing the world.
He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the US Treasury every year.
He authorized the hunt for Bin Laden, but was against nation building in Afghanistan.

Not always good things:never voting for a tax increase, wanting to cut spending, never voting for an unbalanced budget, never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership, never voted to increase congressional pay, believes local governments are better suited to handle their own issues.

hockeywings said:
MSUspartan said:

Not always good things:never voting for a tax increase, wanting to cut spending, never voting for an unbalanced budget, never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership, never voted to increase congressional pay, believes local governments are better suited to handle their own issues.

You are officially a complete jerk. Stay out of my thread.

Top contributors. Look at all those banks supporting Mitt!

Mitt Romney
Goldman Sachs $367,200
Credit Suisse Group $198,750
Morgan Stanley $191,800
HIG Capital $186,500
Barclays $157,750

Ron Paul
US Army $23,552
US Air Force $23,335
US Navy $17,432
Mason Capital Management $14,000
Microsoft Corp $13,398

"Hey guys, I want to know why people don't like Ron Paul"
"Reason 1, Reason 2, Reason 3"
"You're a douche, get off this thread"

Way to represent your candidate. Good job.

hockeywings said:
"Hey guys, I want to know why people don't like Ron Paul"
"Reason 1, Reason 2, Reason 3"
"You're a douche, get off this thread"

Way to represent your candidate. Good job.

Because all of the above stated are GOOD! You argue just to hear the idiotic spew that leaves your mouth. When you argue against RP you don't back anything up.

I did ask for reasons, and you were unable to say anything that is credible (if you are going to mention the EPA again then keep trying, they do more harm than good.)

Bad: voting AGAINST Congressional pay raises?
Bad: voting AGAINST a balance budget?
Bad: voting AGAINST raising spending?

You sir, have issues. You are to the point where NO ONE will argue with you.

Voting against congressional pay raises - everyone bitches about corruption and greed in congress, yet what is more likely to get rid of it, higher pay or lower pay?

voting against a balance budget - so getting into WWII was bad, how about WWI, or spending to get out of a depression
Voting against raising spending - same as above. I'll add in social programs, education, and lets say jobs.

You are too black and white, and anyone who deals only in absolutes is not going to be right in a human situation.

hockeywings said:
Voting against congressional pay raises - everyone bitches about corruption and greed in congress, yet what is more likely to get rid of it, higher pay or lower pay?

voting against a balance budget - so getting into WWII was bad, how about WWI, or spending to get out of a depression
Voting against raising spending - same as above. I'll add in social programs, education, and lets say jobs.

You are too black and white, and anyone who deals only in absolutes is not going to be right in a human situation.

1) A pay raise of even $50,000 per year is not going to stop corruption in Washington, haha. You cannot believe pay raises will stop/limit corruption. That is the dumbest comment you have ever posted.

2) Ron Paul is against budget increases when the country is in TRILLIONS of dollars in debt. TRILLIONS! Seriously.

Also, spending didn't get us out of the depression. Read book Mr. teacher.

Back