Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

tOfficial Ron Paul for President 2012 Thread

Cute. I will tell you what I am convinced of. Unrestricted capitalism does not work. Corporations will take advantage of you because their sole goal is to make as much as possible. I am convinced by 30 years of trickle down economics, that lower tax rates on millionaires and billionaires does nothing but pad the richest bottom line, it does not create jobs, it does not trickle down. I have learned that those with the biggest pockets only want bigger pockets. I have learned that the only main party that somewhat cares about the middle and poor classes is the democratic party. I have learned that idealism does not exist as a political system because there will always be people that can and will take advantage.

And most of all, from our short conversation, I have learned nothing that has swayed my opinion of not voting for Ron Paul.

hockeywings said:
Cute. I will tell you what I am convinced of. Unrestricted capitalism does not work. Corporations will take advantage of you because their sole goal is to make as much as possible. I am convinced by 30 years of trickle down economics, that lower tax rates on millionaires and billionaires does nothing but pad the richest bottom line, it does not create jobs, it does not trickle down. I have learned that those with the biggest pockets only want bigger pockets. I have learned that the only main party that somewhat cares about the middle and poor classes is the democratic party. I have learned that idealism does not exist as a political system because there will always be people that can and will take advantage.

And most of all, from our short conversation, I have learned nothing that has swayed my opinion of not voting for Ron Paul.

i have no problems with corporations making money. my problem is that they're making record money, passing out bonuses, and then raising their prices or fees when it's not necessary, especially in tough times for people.

I think that reaches the core of my argument quite nicely. We can not look at corporation to do good for their workers unless something is set to promote that.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
hockeywings said:

i have no problems with corporations making money. my problem is that they're making record money, passing out bonuses, and then raising their prices or fees when it's not necessary, especially in tough times for people.

examples?

hockeywings said:

so what has the democratic party done for the the lower income workers?

not promoted cutting social security, medicare. Haven't favored a tax system that increases their income tax liability. Expanded health care services, helped keep students on their parent's health care. The democratic party has opposed the busting of unions by governors.

Those are all recent things too, I am choosing not to go too far back in time.

hockeywings said:
not promoted cutting social security, medicare. Haven't favored a tax system that increases their income tax liability. Expanded health care services, helped keep students on their parent's health care. The democratic party has opposed the busting of unions by governors.

hmmm, Obama cutting $500 B from Medicare for ObamaCare

47% of Americans dont pay Fed Tax?? Under GWB, he took Millions of lower incomes off the tax rolls, not the Dems

States are not busting regular Unions, The workers involved are State Employees Unions only.

tsmith7559 said:
hockeywings said:

47% of Americans dont pay Fed Tax?? Under GWB, he took Millions of lower incomes off the tax rolls, not the Dems

States are not busting regular Unions, The workers involved are State Employees Unions only.

Are you sure you didn't meant to say that the affordable care act tried to curb 500 Billion in expense from future years? Because if that is what you meant, I don't see that as cutting medicare....

as for the taxes, I encourage you to read this

http://www.politicususa.com/en/half-americans-taxes

tsmith7559 said:
hockeywings said:

I forgot about the unions. Union membership has been going down steadily and I am curious as why state workers are not allowed, in your opinion, to assemble?

hockeywings said:
tsmith7559 said:

I forgot about the unions. Union membership has been going down steadily and I am curious as why state workers are not allowed, in your opinion, to assemble?

state and federal employees should not....the govt offers a job, take it or leave it. Its based on tax revenue anyways....should the military go on strike demanding more money? Representatives pass a budget, its up to each dept to decide on wages for each position...private industry, I'm all for the right to form a union

Should the military go on strike if they are not prepared for the enemy they will face? absolutely. Should they go on strike if they can't earn a livable wage? absolutely. Should we as public workers be able to go on strike because our benefits get cut because conservatives can't handle a budget? absolutely.

Why do you believe that public workers should be denied their first amendment right to peaceable assemble or speech? That's a union.

Unless of course, you think the constitution is not valid...

hockeywings said:
Should the military go on strike if they are not prepared for the enemy they will face? absolutely. Should they go on strike if they can't earn a livable wage? absolutely. Should we as public workers be able to go on strike because our benefits get cut because conservatives can't handle a budget? absolutely.

Why do you believe that public workers should be denied their first amendment right to peaceable assemble or speech? That's a union.

dude, your argument is assinine....where to begin?

tsmith7559 said:
hockeywings said:

dude, your argument is assinine....where to begin?

His argument just kicked your arguments ass.

hockeywings said:

Would I be allowed to organize a competitive union to petition the state government with a bid that was more attractive to it in the terms of compensation and benefits, staffed with individuals ready to work under them? Not a chance. Your union would squelch that idea before it was even uttered out loud.

[flash=350,287:ayl8mawy]http://www.youtube.com/v/FNnmZuPBSPM&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:ayl8mawy]
</td><td valign="top">
<iframe src="http://images.proboards.com/banners/300x250_14.html" width="300" height="250" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
</td></tr></table>

Back