Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Transfer Portal and Draft Entries

thewolverines24

Officially opened today. Figured it would be good to start a thread to keep people up to date on who is staying, who is going, and who is transferring to Michigan.

Staying:

DB Mike Sainristil - Announced yesterday he?ll return for his final year of eligibility

Transferring:

QB Cade McNamara
TE Erick All
TE Louis Hansen

NFL Draft:

WR Ronnie Bell
TE Luke Schoonmaker
LT Ryan Hayes

Twitter is all about All going to Iowa. Some M "faithful" have not been very charitable. Most have offered their support. Being a new father, I expect, had something to do with the decision.

Twitter is all about All going to Iowa. Some M "faithful" have not been very charitable. Most have offered their support. Being a new father, I expect, had something to do with the decision.

So some college offered him some money is that what you are saying.

Michigan has to figure out the NIL or they are going to be left behind.

So some college offered him some money is that what you are saying.

No. All tweeted this @1254 this afternoon.

"Not everything/everyone are what they seem and I learned that from my time here at Michigan. Sometimes you have to let go and do what's best for you and your family."

No. All tweeted this @1254 this afternoon.

"Not everything/everyone are what they seem and I learned that from my time here at Michigan. Sometimes you have to let go and do what's best for you and your family."

Listening to local show in GR and Michigan insider is saying that His father is saying stuff about Michigan. I wonder if they are mad how they injury was handled? I don?t mind him taking the money somewhere. Just be honest about it.

Last edited:
Listening to local show in GR and Michigan insider is saying that His father is saying stuff about Michigan. I wonder if they are mad how they injury was handled? I don?t mind him taking the money somewhere. Just be honest about it.

Not convinced that a portal-user has to justify his motives.

According to JUB's direct sources, All's transfer is not MIL-related.

Link

Last edited:
I wonder if he wanted to be guaranteed the starting position next year and Jimmy told him he would have to compete for it, and he got mad. I can believe this is the reason. After the QB competition at the start of this season he may have been afraid he couldn't compete to start. Gotta compete to start at Michigan no matter who your daddy is or what he says. I am not sure I would believe the NIL had anything to do with it. Where would you do better in the NIL? B1G Champions Michigan for 2 years in a row, the front runner for the B1G again next year, and prospective 2023 NC Michigan? Or Iowa, an also ran in the weak ass B1G West, that lost to Michigan the last two years?

I wonder if he wanted to be guaranteed the starting position next year and Jimmy told him he would have to compete for it, and he got mad. I can believe this is the reason. After the QB competition at the start of this season he may have been afraid he couldn't compete to start. Gotta compete to start at Michigan no matter who your daddy is or what he says. I am not sure I would believe the NIL had anything to do with it. Where would you do better in the NIL? B1G Champions Michigan for 2 years in a row, the front runner for the B1G again next year, and prospective 2023 NC Michigan? Or Iowa, an also ran in the weak ass B1G West, that lost to Michigan the last two years?

It also might be that Iowa is "tight end U". Maybe he thinks they can coach him up for one more year which could help him at the next level??

It also might be that Iowa is "tight end U". Maybe he thinks they can coach him up for one more year which could help him at the next level??

maybe. plus there's the Cade situation.

Being "TE U" is kinda lame, since that's maybe the least skilled out of all the skill positions, but YOU GO IOWA...

I do know that - for whatever reason - Iowa is THE place to go if you're from the Chicago suburbs and your parents are rich enough to pay cash for your tuition, but you can't get in to an Ivy League school, Northwestern, UChicago, or Michigan, so maybe it's fun to be there or something? I dunno.

If I couldn't go Michigan, for whatever reason, but wanted to stay in the Midwest, my first choice would be Wisconsin, not Iowa. But to be fair, I've never been to Iowa...

maybe. plus there's the Cade situation.

Being "TE U" is kinda lame, since that's maybe the least skilled out of all the skill positions, but YOU GO IOWA...

I do know that - for whatever reason - Iowa is THE place to go if you're from the Chicago suburbs and your parents are rich enough to pay cash for your tuition, but you can't get in to an Ivy League school, Northwestern, UChicago, or Michigan, so maybe it's fun to be there or something? I dunno.

If I couldn't go Michigan, for whatever reason, but wanted to stay in the Midwest, my first choice would be Wisconsin, not Iowa. But to be fair, I've never been to Iowa...

Just picture Ohio, then make it even more flat and desolate.

It ain?t Heaven.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtQwt7s7ZOA

the few Iowans I've met, mostly suck. But there's really not many.

Except for one guy, who was like the rarest of all people on Earth: he was an Irish Jew from Des Moines. He was cool. He went to Michigan though, not Iowa.

Last edited by a moderator:
the few Iowans I've met, mostly suck. But there's really not many.

Except for one guy, who was like the rarest of all people on Earth: he was an Irish Jew from Des Moines. He was cool. He went to Michigan though, not Iowa.

He?s the only one.

Did you get a strand of his hair or a drop or two of his blood?

well, no, he had a mom and a dad. and I think siblings. so he wasn't the only one.

My daughter-in-law-to-be is from Iowa and she's as genuine as they are made. So there's that.

My daughter-in-law-to-be is from Iowa and she's as genuine as they are made. So there's that.

Good to know!

Ask her if she knows any Irish Jews from Des Moines who went to UM, and if so to tell him I said Hi.

Looks like in addition to Hayes, we lose Oluwatimi to graduation, but the right side of the Oline (Zinter and Barnhardt) are both jrs, or have another year (I think) b/c of the covid season. Any indication they may leave?

Looks like in addition to Hayes, we lose Oluwatimi to graduation, but the right side of the Oline (Zinter and Barnhardt) are both jrs, or have another year (I think) b/c of the covid season. Any indication they may leave?

I haven't found anything about what Zinter or Barnhart are planning to do. Barnhart and Zinter both have 2 years of eligibility remaining.

A name to watch for replacing Hayes at LT is Myles Hinton. He's Chris Hinton?s brother. 6-7, 320 and was a four-star tackle out of John?s Creek Ga., who went his own way rather than follow his brother to Michigan. He earned the Cardinal?s most Outstanding Freshman Award in 2020 and earned preseason All-Pac 12 honors to start this year. It's been confirmed he is interested in Michigan and would like to visit.

Back