Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Transfer Portal and Draft Entries

Just picture Ohio, then make it even more flat and desolate.

Wrong, very hilly and very pretty in the summer when the corn is growing. There are some shitty parts, just like every other state, but its much nicer than Ohio. Plus, Children of the Corn was made in Iowa, great movie. Ohio is a dump and its dirty. Nebraska on the other hand is a fucking wasteland. Not dirty, just ugly and really hard to drive thru and not end up in a dItch, cuz its so boring. I make it a point to drive thru Nebraska at night. Its much more pleasant that way.

Wrong, very hilly and very pretty in the summer when the corn is growing. There are some shitty parts, just like every other state, but its much nicer than Ohio. Plus, Children of the Corn was made in Iowa, great movie. Ohio is a dump and its dirty. Nebraska on the other hand is a fucking wasteland. Not dirty, just ugly and really hard to drive thru and not end up in a dItch, cuz its so boring. I make it a point to drive thru Nebraska at night. Its much more pleasant that way.

I find this post funny. Every state has it's good areas and terrible areas. The drive on 75 from the Ohio border to Detroit (well, until you get past Detroit) is the most disgusting dirty area that I have ever seen. There is so much trach on the highway.

Like you said...every state has it's nice areas and shitty areas. If you take I-80 through Iowa the only thing you see is corn fields, Hawks on fence posts, and plastic Wal Mart bags that are stuck on the fences.

Oh.

Over 20 years ago I drove from Joliet Illinois to North Platte Nebraska, the one and only time I?ve ever been to either Iowa or Nebraska. It was the week between Christmas and New Year, so it was the opposite of summer. I didn?t stray from the main drag - I think Interstate 80. Nebraska was so cold and flat and desolate - maybe I?m primarily remembering Nebraska and lumping who whole day?s drive as one thing.

I find this post funny. Every state has it's good areas and terrible areas. The drive on 75 from the Ohio border to Detroit (well, until you get past Detroit) is the most disgusting dirty area that I have ever seen. There is so much trach on the highway.

Like you said...every state has its nice areas and shitty areas. If you take I-80 through Iowa the only thing you see is corn fields, Hawks on fence posts, and plastic Wal Mart bags that are stuck on the fences.

That?s what I remember except it was the beginning of winter so no corn was growing and i didn?t see any hawks, just miles and miles of flat snow covered earth.

Maybe the hills are somewhere else. Michigan has hills in place but also a whole bunch of flat wide open country.

Per Pro Football Network:

?There might not be an offensive guard prospect with a more exciting blend of physical tools than Henderson. At 6-5, 310 pounds, Henderson has good height and above-average overall mass. But his chief defining measurable is his length. He has quantifiably elite length, with arms that measure safely over 35 inches long.?

Which, of course, would help him at tackle.

?Especially on the interior, Henderson?s length can be an overwhelming conduit for force at contact,? they continued. ?But Henderson supplements that length with near-elite explosiveness and linear athleticism. He?s an extremely explosive athlete who surges off the line and into contact with dangerous momentum, and he also has the lateral explosiveness to get outside the 3-tech on running plays."

Pro Football Network was projecting him as a late 1st round pick. This is one hell of a portal pickup.

Last edited:
I wonder how many other players will be leaving an heading to Iowa with Cade ?

You know, "Those who stay will be champions". I expect Michigan will make another good run to the B1G championship next year. Hopefully, they can make it 3 in a row.

I can't imagine many would want to. I understand why Cade went there, and I think it's a decent fit for him, but Iowa had like the OPPOSITE of hype all year.

Their offense was uniquely awful, and Ferentz hasn't done anything to signal a change in direction.

Who could pass up the chance to play for a historically bad offense?! These numbers from The Athletic are hilariously bad:

This isn?t hyperbole; this is indisputable. The Hawkeyes are last nationally in total offense with 227.3 yards per game. UMass is second-to-last at 243.0 yards per game. In the 14-member Big Ten, Rutgers ranks 13th at 329.9 yards per game. The second-worst Big Ten offense, which ranks 113th nationally, outgains Iowa by 102.6 yards per game. Let that sink in for a moment.

In five other major national categories, Iowa is 128th in scoring (14.0 points per game, second-lowest among Power 5 teams), 127th in rushing yards per game (81.4, third worst in Power 5), 126th in third-down percentage (26.6, worst in Power 5), 126th in red zone percentage (66.7, second worst in Power 5) and 122nd in passing offense (145.9, worst in Power 5).

Then you apply history to this topic. The worst full-season Big Ten offense since Kirk Ferentz took over in 1999 currently belongs to the 2017 Rutgers squad, which averaged 262.7 yards per game. Only five teams statistically were worse than Iowa?s 227.3 yards per game (2014 Wake Forest, 2013 Florida International, 2006 Temple, 2002 Rutgers and 2000 Baylor). Iowa averages 3.9 yards per play; no Big Ten team has averaged less than 4.1 since 1999.

In Iowa annals, no team has approached the current numbers since 1978, the year before Hayden Fry?s arrival. Fry?s final year in 1998 was his worst year at 266.8 yards per game. In Ferentz?s debut season, which ended in a 1-10 campaign, the Hawkeyes put up 300.3 yards per game.

Considering how college football has adapted through the decades, there?s a good case to call the 2022 Hawkeyes the worst offense in Big Ten history. It might even apply to college football as a whole.

Cade has an opinion about the potential of Iowa's offense, now that he's left Michigan.

LINK

Cade has an opinion about the potential of Iowa's offense, now that he's left Michigan.

LINK

Since Brian Ferentz has been the OC:

PPG - 77th
Passing Yards Per Game - 87th
Rushing Yards Per Game - 89th
Completion Percentage - 89th

I understand Cade, and don't understand the Michigan fans giving him shit on twitter. What do people expect him to say? "I admit I was not good enough and had to go to a worse team"? Like what sort of competitive athlete would do that? If he did, Iowa fans and his prospective coaches would hate him, and he'd be setting himself up for failure.

Sure, he could just refuse to give interviews, but... he's 22. It's not like he's had that kind of experience.

I understand Cade, and don't understand the Michigan fans giving him shit on twitter. What do people expect him to say? "I admit I was not good enough and had to go to a worse team"? Like what sort of competitive athlete would do that? If he did, Iowa fans and his prospective coaches would hate him, and he'd be setting himself up for failure.

Sure, he could just refuse to give interviews, but... he's 22. It's not like he's had that kind of experience.

I don't get how Michigan fans are giving him shit, but Twitter is filled with idiots and bots that stir up shit.

Cade should be confident in himself. Nothing wrong with what he's doing like you said. My perspective is more that he has some REALLY heavy lifting ahead of him if he's going to make a Brian Ferentz offense successful.

All to Iowa. Hopefully he can stay healthy and enjoy a full senior year on the field.

Picked up LB Ernest Hausmann from Nebraska. Played in every game and started 7 games this year as a freshman. 54 tackles, 2 tackles for loss, 1 sack, and 1 fumble recovery.

Back