Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Transfer Portal and Draft Entries

QB Alan Bowman to the portal. Got passed by Davis Warren on the depth chart, so not surprising.

Josaiah Stewart huuuuuuuuge get!!!

It is going to be really hard for OSU to take us down next year. Harbaugh is building something special with these transfers. They are compliment and fill in pieces to something already on the elite level. Another crazy OLine next year to go with a crazy DLine. I can't wait for next year.

To add, I've watched this kid play and he is relentless. Has potential to be a 1st rounder, so this next year may be his only year.

Last edited:
Drake Nugent, Stanford starting Center commits. Jeeze, what is in the water?
That's 2 Stanford OLine starters coming next year.

Last edited:
Drake Nugent, Stanford starting Center commits. Jeeze, what is in the water?
That's 2 Stanford OLine starters coming next year.

Wow, and that's the OL position we needed the most.

Just don't use the phrase "building something special" ever again... remember all the sparties saying that about Tucker last year (although given his lack of any track record, it was obviously premature for them to claim that). Still... i't's a Cursed phrase.

Wow, and that's the OL position we needed the most.

Just don't use the phrase "building something special" ever again... remember all the sparties saying that about Tucker last year (although given his lack of any track record, it was obviously premature for them to claim that). Still... i't's a Cursed phrase.

OK, he's adding to something thats already special.

OK, he's adding to something thats already special.

Eh, it's more the word "special" is what kinda gets me. I don't want a special team. that means we're retarded... let Mel Tucker build a special team.

maybe instead Harbaugh is building a "machine?" "juggernaut" "evil empire" or "monster" work as well.

This season is the first time since 1997 I've seen a Michigan team that not only beats opponents, but BRUTALLY beats them... destroys their will. Pulverizes them.

Like the end of the Purdue game, we still hit their QB hard and left him limping. These guys play every down hard. This team is a killing machine. They don't think about their opponents or show mercy. They aren't even capable of understanding a concept like mercy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh, it's more the word "special" is what kinda gets me. I don't want a special team. that means we're retarded... let Mel Tucker build a special team.

maybe instead Harbaugh is building a "machine?" "juggernaut" "evil empire" or "monster" work as well.

This season is the first time since 1997 I've seen a Michigan team that not only beats opponents, but BRUTALLY beats them... destroys their will. Pulverizes them.

Like the end of the Purdue game, we still hit their QB hard and left him limping. These guys play every down hard. This team is a killing machine. They don't think about their opponents or show mercy. They aren't even capable of understanding a concept like mercy.

Its been nice to see, however it still has room to improve.

I'm being cautious. I'll say all of that stuff if, and only if, we get past TCU and we face Georgia and dont get gang raped in the process. We dont necessarily have to beat Georgia, but last year was a certain kind of naked helplessness that I would like this team to get past.

To add, and after some thought, the word "special" does sound kinda gay. I retract my use of wording, but will still remain cautious.

Last edited:
A.J Barner 6'6" TE(Jr.) from Indiana is now on the clock. He visits UCLA, UM, Pitt, and NC State this week. Would be another huge get, if we land him. A foot injury limited his snaps and a bad team limited his targets and catches. Great run blocker w/ great hands.

Last edited:
"Special" is a term, IMO, reserved for a single-handful of select teams-players in the history of sport. It's also a terrible term that should never be applied to any such team or player.

Last edited:
I thought I posted that I was a little concerned by how many transfers we were bringing in (specifically the OL), and that it might hurt recruiting or team morale. Maybe I never hit send or posted that somewhere else?

It seems like if a team gets a reputation for taking transfers & starting them over players that were loyal and "paid their dues" it would be a bad thing.

I trust Harbaugh understands this and knows what he's doing...

I thought I posted that I was a little concerned by how many transfers we were bringing in (specifically the OL), and that it might hurt recruiting or team morale. Maybe I never hit send or posted that somewhere else?

It seems like if a team gets a reputation for taking transfers & starting them over players that were loyal and "paid their dues" it would be a bad thing.

Don't be concerned. Everything that is going on, is for positions of need. We need these guys to shore up it all up for next year and maybe the year after. Our recruiting took a pummeling after Harbaugh"s courting with the NFL. He's making up for it.

AJ Barner TE has committed..................Huuuuuge get!!!!!!

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!

This will take care of the Erick All blocking absence.

Last edited:
AJ Barner TE has committed..................Huuuuuge get!!!!!!

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!

This will take care of the Erick All blocking absence.

_E_va9VbuAXIOM5G9xTQ7WjnOyjwLY2_j_amLMm_fuC24OHA3ivY-GhQkOE0UWfXX4hmA5t6LFbBSLCh-_kwkYcCL5Pk-qb16Oyr0652G6l2N_biTWB_eLZwnIqEXslFe3rWrPO6QkHvLaXA16Oti_4V2w_qRN_AKJUJf8AD_Zjzx_Cr9xoHDF1P3t-LF2kEwHpTRK6dZIiSc2TnMb_TUW9iPaRUlDPr9sf5kpsFQe6dSCO9LJajhZN9hKtsWTkr6EkBspfNdnBWYjyVvPgbAhVplCe8z6QkLwu0fiWccIxxMIHsHNzqbK5ifzC5zO38VB1cYScBQw5hjxW3E70ds5ZukyeOFnovihvoDEAv8id03sfXnA16-39xmCh4KLDME0QG3sOZehB88bLTZa0FXGrglpr4iGvF6pTnoqNl2eaTDC7my3IL7XE-b1L3Nfg9O7cNJfiiqcwe37Ypup66U2lQFjfiaj_JUuSD4T6wEOua2YJJVIeNNOTGsXpbHIrmx3OgajxazrJpS6wg6uDXWoDhYkmn_dIZBOCjQRU-5cF_fhy5IyNXEgVD5xrbhSkkrqiZJ81g7mSm4bgKuHek02fy1znVVYGud7LtnWy_Uc0gglWwvXMO9LR7KD2RaYHzkq_CKFtNffv4xegokZoGHxEoYb4EIKlvElQOZHzB4HXJjIA-ZzCyzZzTEFQV3dDon4VrKJxHdwQTmB6odWyMKCVyd40Pc6bUwtRpZa7CYYPw3W0gxCM-o54s7ui8Gx9Qu1PNXg2J8FNLolBpBVdEzr9-b_ZLbSk4MsO4q2dvUM1RG7adqkGu8__GqHOAj3yistuJ-o46dYNbaInwdhkLqxh86ODuSr0MnNcY9KuGNSjEKdXH7WwLrXGwEKnhlQDLu3Mc5SJuGbmnn5UBUW-iXu9GZ_ZpEOKT_wpXKBpvKyCDog=w498-h280-no

They have to capitalize on this window with JJ and Donovan. They have a legitimate shot at 2 straight national championships so bringing in experienced players that fill holes is their best option. Especially considering they didn't bring in a ton of high school kids that will be ready to contribute year 1. I don't expect this approach to be the norm going forward, but when you have a QB like JJ you need to do everything possible to maximize the success while he's here.

ok, if no one else is concerned, I withdraw my own concern. Let's ride this canoe down the river wherever it goes

I definitely understand the concern. It's hard not to after watching the MSU implosion. But it doesn't look like this is that and considering how hard everyone in the program has worked to establish the culture they have I don't think they'd throw that away over a handful of players.

And don't get me wrong. I definitely understand the concern about keeping the guys on the current roster happy but at the same time if they don't feel like a guy going into his junior year is starter-level then would you rather them give that guy a spot because he's paid his dues or get someone that's better? I think they're going back to the meritocracy that Harbaugh talked about when he got here but they got away from for a few years. Plus the positions they're bringing in (TE, QB, OL) are positions where they're losing a significant chunk of the depth chart so there's still room for the younger guys to compete for a job anyway.

Back