Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Transfer Portal and Draft Entries

Why are so many guys leaving ? Is this just the normal thing now ?

Why are so many guys leaving ? Is this just the normal thing now ?

Very normal. Michigan doesn't have that many going out either. Quite a few programs with double digit transfers out. Michigan has seven transfers in and seven transfers out (DE Julius Welschof just announced he's transferring). Good to be breaking even numbers wise.

Rolder was getting significant PT this year and they brought in Hausmann. That's 2 guys in your class that are ahead of you on the depth chart. Sucks to see him go but the days of stockpiling kids and them only playing in their 4th and 5th years are over.

Odd, he was playing.

Okie, McGregor, and Moore all started getting more PT as the season progressed. They were eating into Upshaw's snaps. With Josiah Stewart transferring in, I'm guessing Upshaw wants to use his last season of eligibility at a place where he gets more snaps.

Very normal. Michigan doesn't have that many going out either. Quite a few programs with double digit transfers out. Michigan has seven transfers in and seven transfers out (DE Julius Welschof just announced he's transferring). Good to be breaking even numbers wise.

Thanks !

Seems as if players are not a starters on the teams' depth charts, they are going to transfer to where they can start. This will dilute the talent across the FBS landscape in time, and also encourage HS recruits to populate non-P5 programs, IMO. It will hurt the big universities and benefit the smaller ones.

Seems as if players are not a starters on the teams' depth charts, they are going to transfer to where they can start. This will dilute the talent across the FBS landscape in time, and also encourage HS recruits to populate non-P5 programs, IMO. It will hurt the big universities and benefit the smaller ones.

perhaps things will come full circle, and - realizing the statistical futility of making an NFL roster, not to mention having a meaningful pro career - better players will choose to attend the universities with the best academic reputations?

maybe. The best HS recruits will still go to the best programs. And if they are good/great, they will stay at those programs.

On the other hand, some good players on lesser teams will move to bigger programs to get more exposure.

Bottom line, I don't think it's good for college football.

perhaps things will come full circle, and - realizing the statistical futility of making an NFL roster, not to mention having a meaningful pro career - better players will choose to attend the universities with the best academic reputations?

:lmao:

And major in Aerospace Engineering, Neuroscience, Molecular Biology -- and Crop and Soil Sciences or Interior Design (at MSU).

Losing Andrel really sucks. He had a ton of potential and it's a shame that it didn't work out. I do understand his decision considering the amount of receivers they have and only Bell being guaranteed to leave. Honestly I'm expecting to see Henning leave as well.

Losing Andrel really sucks. He had a ton of potential and it's a shame that it didn't work out. I do understand his decision considering the amount of receivers they have and only Bell being guaranteed to leave. Honestly I'm expecting to see Henning leave as well.

I don't know; year 2 was the time to see that potential start to show itself, and we didn't see much - if anything - from him.

if he wants PT that bad, it is probably best if he moves on.

Henning had a bigger role this year; I could see him moving on, but also staying - realizing if he takes back a kick or two at Michigan, it's much more impressive than doing the same thing at, like WMU or EMU.

Anthony had 7 receptions for 80 yards and a TD this year. Good luck to him at his next stop, but the Michigan WR room will be fine.

Andrei had talent but just didn?t take the next step. He was fast but his route running was subpar. To many drops. Wish him well. Wish he would stay. Wish we had a coach who could coach this room up a bit. The wr room just seems underwhelming to me for a big time program.

Back