Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Verlander Triple Crown Watch

THe joke Weaver just tied up his era at 2.44.. BTW Kershaw has an outside shot to get the Triple Crown in the NL.. 17 wins 2.37 ERA and 230 Ks.. Although Kennedy has 19 wins and it seems slim.. There is STILL a change there..

Sept 10 update:

Wins:
JV-22
CC-19

ERA:
JV-2.44
Weaver- 2.44
Beckett- 2.49

Ks:
JV-232
King Felix-211
CC-211

tigers99888 said:
THe joke Weaver just tied up his era at 2.44.. BTW Kershaw has an outside shot to get the Triple Crown in the NL.. 17 wins 2.37 ERA and 230 Ks.. Although Kennedy has 19 wins and it seems slim.. There is STILL a change there..

I remember when Kershaw faced us his ERA was just outside 3. Not bad at the time but he must be smokin' these days.

Ken "I'm a bow-tie wearing homo" Rosenthal was on the Tigers radio pregame yesterday and said that the Tigers being hot lately hurts Verlanders MVP chances because it proves the team can win when he does not pitch.

Asked about CYA he said that it might be a close race if Weaver regains and takes the ERA title.

Why does anyone listen to that little shitbag?

Sept 11 update: Only change is CC's strikeouts

Wins:
JV-22
CC-19

ERA:
JV-2.44
Weaver- 2.44
Beckett- 2.49

Ks:
JV-232
CC-216
King Felix-211

Am I the only Tiger fan who's worried that JV hasn't had his best stuff for any game since the one against the Angels in late July? Since then he hasn't put it all together for a game. He's had trouble locating his curve in one game and then locating his fastball the next. He even had some velocity questions as of late. He still keeps winning because he's become a smart and complete pitcher, but he's relied on a lot of good defense and hasn't really dominated like we've seen most of this year.

johnny2x2x said:
Am I the only Tiger fan who's worried that JV hasn't had his best stuff for any game since the one against the Angels in late July? Since then he hasn't put it all together for a game. He's had trouble locating his curve in one game and then locating his fastball the next. He even had some velocity questions as of late. He still keeps winning because he's become a smart and complete pitcher, but he's relied on a lot of good defense and hasn't really dominated like we've seen most of this year.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/splits/_/id/6341/justin-verlander
Still 7 and 0 for August and September with an ERA a shade over 3.00 but last start might have been his least effective start since April or early May.
I get what you're saying though. I have the feeling he is due for a complete game shutout in one of his last starts. Hoping for it :)

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
tigers99888 said:

I remember when Kershaw faced us his ERA was just outside 3. Not bad at the time but he must be smokin' these days.

And people were bitching because Kershaw shut us out.

tycobb420 said:
Sept 11 update: Only change is CC's strikeouts

Wins:
JV-22
CC-19

ERA:
JV-2.44
Weaver- 2.44
Beckett- 2.49

Ks:
JV-232
CC-216
King Felix-211

Bump. No change (9-12)

MI_Thumb said:
Ken "I'm a bow-tie wearing homo" Rosenthal was on the Tigers radio pregame yesterday and said that the Tigers being hot lately hurts Verlanders MVP chances because it proves the team can win when he does not pitch.

Asked about CYA he said that it might be a close race if Weaver regains and takes the ERA title.

Why does anyone listen to that little shitbag?

I agree slightly about the MVP thing though I think he was a long shot anyway. Unless he goes down in flames, he has the CY pretty much locked up.

Sept. 13 update:

Only change is in strikeouts:

JV-232
CC-216
Felix-215
Shields-210
Price-200

Watched the 1st 5 innings. JV had his best stuff, don't care about the results, but his FB has late movement and touched 101 several times. Not worried anymore. His curve was absolutely not fair! Had a little control issues, but he looks like he's about to put it all together in a big big way.

Sept. 14 update:

Wins:
JV-23
CC-19

ERA:
JV- 2.36
Weaver-2.44
Beckett-2.49 (Returning this weekend)

Ks:
JV-238
CC-216
Felix-215
Shields-210
Price-206

Verlander: First man to 23 wins since 2002 (Zito, Randy Johnson, Schilling)

First Tiger to 23 since Joe Coleman (1973)

Congrats to JV, I think he locked it down last night. At this point even if he has a bad outing and doesn't win the ERA race he will win the other 2 and win the CYA.

The only way the CY would have been in question is if Weaver would have stayed way ahead in the ERA, like when he was at 1.81. But he's in first is so many categories he's a shoe in.

He's got wins locked up and probably strikeouts as well.

With the Tigers' recent surge, I wonder if that will affect his chances at an MVP?

Back