Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Zimmerman To Be Charged

Hopefully it causes Florida to close the vigilante loopholes in that stupid "Stand your ground" law.

Last edited:
The other issue here is the position of the original police chief. He didn't want to press changes at all. When the case got national attention he took a leave of absence and someone else came in and pressed changes.

Has that original chief already been proven to be in the wrong just by this case making it to trial or is it too political to make that call?

I just read in a Reuters story that Florida's stand you ground law has been copied in 30 states.

So from the so called "experts" on the news last night, it sounds like the trial will hinge on this 911 call and who was yelling "Help!" and that the jury will be listening to this call repeatedly. Seems weird that a trial like this would come down to something like this or, rather, WHY would it be the case that this triall WILL come down to the call?

Today the prosecutors are arguing to admit 50 911 calls Zimmerman made in the past, some as stupid as to report a car driving too slow or people loitering. Fucking nutjob. Correction, fucking nutjob with a gun, who already killed someone...way to go Florida....you continue to be the asshole of the nation.

But I'm sure Zimmerman's defense team will be all over it, the opening statement by his lead defense council yesterday? "knock knock; who's there? George Zimmerman, Zimmerman who? congrats, you're on the jury, ha ha" -seriously, he said this.

Today the prosecutors are arguing to admit 50 911 calls Zimmerman made in the past, some as stupid as to report a car driving too slow or people loitering. Fucking nutjob. Correction, fucking nutjob with a gun, who already killed someone...way to go Florida....you continue to be the asshole of the nation.

But I'm sure Zimmerman's defense team will be all over it, the opening statement by his lead defense council yesterday? "knock knock; who's there? George Zimmerman, Zimmerman who? congrats, you're on the jury, ha ha" -seriously, he said this.

I went to a community watch meeting. The police tell you to call in that stuff. The more calls from your neighborhood, the more resources they steer your way.

The joke was a really bad idea though. Makes me question the competance of the defense.

I went to a community watch meeting. The police tell you to call in that stuff. The more calls from your neighborhood, the more resources they steer your way.

The joke was a really bad idea though. Makes me question the competance of the defense.

Calling them in to the police is one thing, assuming you call the local office/precinct/department directly; dialing 911 for them is another. 911 is for emergencies only. None of those were emergencies.

Calling them in to the police is one thing, assuming you call the local office/precinct/department directly; dialing 911 for them is another. 911 is for emergencies only. None of those were emergencies.

Ah. My bad. The story I read just said the calls were to the police, not 911.

I don't see a story that makes it clear which calls were to 911 and which were non-emergency calls. At least one of them was to the non-emergency line though. In fact, the call about Trayvon Martin went to the non-emergency line.

In the opening day of testimony both sides parsed a call Zimmerman made to a non-emergency police number to report what he said was a suspicious black teenager in his Sanford, Fla., neighborhood.

Sean Noffke, the dispatcher who answered Zimmerman's call, is heard instructing Zimmerman to "let me know if this guy does anything else."

During the call Zimmerman can be heard grumbling "F***ing punk" and telling the dispatcher "these a**holes always get away."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zim...e-calls-police/story?id=19479056#.UcnK-fmW-Sp

Last edited:
The clip I saw on the local news earlier said recordings of more than 50 911 calls, though they may have been just generalizing phone calls to the police as 911 calls.

Either way, it seems incredibly excessive.

The clip I saw on the local news earlier said recordings of more than 50 911 calls, though they may have been just generalizing phone calls to the police as 911 calls.

Either way, it seems incredibly excessive.

That's a point; we cannot count on the liberal media to make sure their reporting is accurate...

Apparently, there are no African-Americans on the jury. Five members are white, one is Hispanic. With the significance of race to this trial, I'm surprised by this.

Apparently, there are no African-Americans on the jury. Five members are white, one is Hispanic. With the significance of race to this trial, I'm surprised by this.

All women, I was a little surprised by that too. You would think the defense would want at least one male.

Did a twitter search for Zimmerman. I've seen multiple people tweet that Zimmerman won't be safe if he goes free.

Did a twitter search for Zimmerman. I've seen multiple people tweet that Zimmerman won't be safe if he goes free.

I don't understand this. I think anyone with a brain can see that Zimmerman wasn't targeting Trayvon Martin. I don't think he had the intention to kill the kid. However, he did disobey the 911 operator's instructions and went out of his way to confront him, which led to him killing TM. At the very least, I call that manslaughter.

I mean, what would any of you do if some weird older guy (old compared to TM) confronted you? I'd call TM's lashing out and beating Zimmerman up a very predictable reaction.

Manslaughter. No more. No less.

But to get all angry and threaten him...unwarranted.

If stand your ground means that people are justified in using force when they have a reasonable belief that they are in danger of bodily harm, then whenever two people are threatening each other, wouldn't it apply to both of them?

Back