Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Suh not being franchised

Lol everyone else is keeping their star players some way or another....we let ours walk and sign darryl tapp lmao....fuckin mayhew.

Can't keep restructuring down the line. Eventually you get fk'd. Mayhew fk'd us.

Can't keep restructuring down the line. Eventually you get fk'd. Mayhew fk'd us.

It's a win now league. W/o restructuring we wouldn't of added any impact players over the years. If you really want to blame someone it goes back to Matt Milan and the high draft picks he was bringing in year after year. Mayhew only did what he could for as long as he could.

It was a tough decision on the organization to not franchise Suh today. A tough decision and at the end of the day probably the correct decision. I want to keep Suh just as much as the next guy but $27mil is a tough pill to swallow.

ATTN MAYEW HATERS AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Hold judgment on the man until Suh signs with another team. Because if he's black in the blue and silver next year, you'll be looking like fools and Mayew himself will be looking like a genius.

ATTN MAYEW HATERS AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Hold judgment on the man until Suh signs with another team. Because if he's black in the blue and silver next year, you'll be looking like fools and Mayew himself will be looking like a genius.

How will i look like a fool? hes been saying for 2 years a deal will get done. if he does sign him....it will still be 2 years too late. And mayhew will still suck. Want proof....go look at our 2nd rd picks the last decade.

How will i look like a fool? hes been saying for 2 years a deal will get done. if he does sign him....it will still be 2 years too late. And mayhew will still suck. Want proof....go look at our 2nd rd picks the last decade.

Ebron is added proof.

It's a win now league. W/o restructuring we wouldn't of added any impact players over the years. If you really want to blame someone it goes back to Matt Milan and the high draft picks he was bringing in year after year. Mayhew only did what he could for as long as he could.

It was a tough decision on the organization to not franchise Suh today. A tough decision and at the end of the day probably the correct decision. I want to keep Suh just as much as the next guy but $27mil is a tough pill to swallow.

And guess what we haven't done shit. So with all the restructuring we have a lousy 2 double digit win seasons. No playoff wins, SCORE!! the reason why Suh isn't here and he got to 27m is because of Mayhew..you can't continue to restructure the same guy over and over.

How long are we suppose to be blaming Millen? If the reason anyone looks at Mayhew as positive is because he's better than Millen, it's pretty sad.

And really the Lions can handle giving Suh 20 million per. They are just not going to do that though.

6 year 120, 30 million SB.

5 base+6=11 (9.7 already counting)
13 base +6=19 million year 2
14 base+6=20 million year 3
15 base+6=21 million year 4
18 base+6=24
25 base year 6

Lions can handle 11 off the cap this year, 19 then 20.

No team with any hope of winning is paying him 20 mill per..

Funny about 3/4 of those 'impact' players are now dead cap space along with our restructures. Including our most recent superstar Reggie Bush.

Ugh, we take a $9+ million cap hit for Suh even if he leaves. So I guess if you sign him fr say $16 million you're only taking an extra $7 million cap hit to retain him.

9 million has no connection to the next contract. We take the 9 million regardless if we sign him or not.
If his cap hit was 16 million year one, his total cap hit would be 25 million (16 million new contract + 9 million of dead money)

The 9 million hit in 2015 is so we could have that sweet 7-9 season in 2013. Great use of cap space huh.

9 million has no connection to the next contract. We take the 9 million regardless if we sign him or not.
If his cap hit was 16 million year one, his total cap hit would be 25 million (16 million new contract + 9 million of dead money)

The 9 million hit in 2015 is so we could have that sweet 7-9 season in 2013. Great use of cap space huh.

We still have Quin, Levy and Tulloch. Not a lost cause for the restructures. And we could have franchised him. They will see what offers he gets this weekend and either try to match or let him walk. They can afford 20 per a season for him.

best defensive player in his prime. he'll get 110+ mil.

Only from a desperate franchise...Oak or Jax. The whole world will know whether money or titles matter more to Suh if he signs with one of those two.

Indy has a strong chance IMO, plus I'm hoping for a Det chance to match. My $$$ guess is about 105 mil, half of that guaranteed.

Only from a desperate franchise...Oak or Jax. The whole world will know whether money or titles matter more to Suh if he signs with one of those two.

Indy has a strong chance IMO, plus I'm hoping for a Det chance to match. My $$$ guess is about 105 mil, half of that guaranteed.

If he wants a title he will go to Indy

Oakland can pay him 20 million and still have 30 million to spend. Point is restructuring works if in the end you have something to show for it we don't .

Back