Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ain't it fun though?!

You're 30, eh LKP? Wait 20 more years and you'll see. Why should I have any confidence in this team when they have 1 playoff win in my 49 year existence? I'll root for, hope they get a W and if they win I might get on board. But at this point..we suck as a playoff team.

I will never believe that. It's all about current year and matchups every time. We have champions on this team.

I will never believe that. It's all about current year and matchups every time. We have champions on this team.

Who? Tate? Yeah okay..As much as we can say we're lucky to be playing Dallas, those fans are thrilled to be playing us.

current year we haven't beat anyone worth a shit either on the road....1 quality win all year at home when Rodgers played a down game.

I do agree we tend to play better offensively vs a zone like mariinellis. But that's only if our offense gets its heads out of their asses. Should be a close game....ill go out on a limb and say I have no idea who is going to win but ill give a slight edge to dallas for being at home.

Last edited:
I give them 50/50 because of this specific matchup. The Defense is the best rushing D int he league this year, and we might even (slim chance to be sure) get Fairley back for this game, and he's our best run stopper.

Demarco Murray is slowing down in his last few games, and without that run attack, I think we see the real Romo, one who is prone to turnovers against a safety who leads the league in picks, and one who is top 10 in picks.

I know the Lions history in the last 50 years, but I doubt to many coordinators are watching tape on Dre Bly, Az Hakir Hakeem, or Barry Sanders.

It's this year's team on that field, and for the most part, those 50 years have no bearing on this team. This team is about 5-6 years old at most, and during that time, no other Lions team has gone 11-5 either.

The Lions may very well lose this game, but it won't be because of historical stats, it will be won or lost on the plays Sunday.

current year we haven't beat anyone worth a shit either on the road....1 quality win all year at home when Rodgers played a down game.

I do agree we tend to play better offensively vs a zone like mariinellis. But that's only if our offense gets its heads out of their asses. Should be a close game....ill go out on a limb and say I have no idea who is going to win but ill give a slight edge to dallas for being at home.

We matchup well and Dallas struggles at home. We can beat Dallas average defense easily. They can't pass rush, defend the pass, and have trouble with run. and our run d can stop Murray enough. Not worried about our pass defense either. 20 pick team going against romo. Love that

Murray 4.2 ypc last 8 games. Bell 4.4 ypc last 8 games

Lions have more sacks and turnovers forced than seattle by the way. And better run defense. Lions stop run means stopping lynch and Wilson.

Loving both matchups

I actually sort of agree with LKP about the Dallas matchup (of course he combines that with his stupid troll crap about owning Seattle because of a game in 2012). However, I don't think the Lions are a lost cause tomorrow at all. The defense needs to show up and cause a turnover or two hopefully. Stafford needs to play mistake free football and just be efficient. We shouldn't have to rely on throwing up hail marys to Calvin again like in 2011.

It's a lot to ask for, but not impossible. I'd also peg our chances at about 30%. We'll see what happens.

I actually sort of agree with LKP about the Dallas matchup (of course he combines that with his stupid troll crap about owning Seattle because of a game in 2012). However, I don't think the Lions are a lost cause tomorrow at all. The defense needs to show up and cause a turnover or two hopefully. Stafford needs to play mistake free football and just be efficient. We shouldn't have to rely on throwing up hail marys to Calvin again like in 2011.

It's a lot to ask for, but not impossible. I'd also peg our chances at about 30%. We'll see what happens.

They brought up a bunch of losses from 2011-2013 like it mattered. I can't bring up the wins?

Turnovers are key. We need to force two imo

They brought up a bunch of losses from 2011-2013 like it mattered. I can't bring up the wins?

Turnovers are key. We need to force two imo

Bring up the wins all you want. Just don't combine it with ridiculous statements like "we own Seattle." Unless you're being sarcastic of course.

I haven't seen Seattle beat us or the Cowboys. Doom and gloom after 11-5 is sad. They were all wrong. They are in denial

The winning formula is the same for this game as it always is...stop the run and the front 4 must get pressure on Romo. Stafford and the offense have to play well. Special teams can't give up a big play. Just like the GB game I think we have to hold Dallas to 24 points or less if we have a chance to win.

Offensively the Cowboys are much better than the Lions

QB Romo>Stafford
RB Murray > Bell + Bush
WR Dez + Williams < Calvin + Tate
TE Witten > 2 first round picks
OL Dallas >> Lions

Defensively the Lions are better. Lions 3rd in points per game allowed at 17.6. Dallas is 15th at 22.0

3 keys to the game IMO

1) Lions need to slow down the Dallas rushing attack. If Murray has 100+ yards they are in trouble.
2) Win the turnover battle
3) Stafford has to play better. He needs to complete over 65% of his passes and avoid his typical untimely INTs

I think all three need to happen for the Lions to win.

I haven't seen Seattle beat us or the Cowboys. Doom and gloom after 11-5 is sad. They were all wrong. They are in denial

I only brought up the Seattle comment you made. I haven't seen us play them since 2012 either. You can't make a statement like "we own Seattle" without evidence. Beating them 2 years ago, is not nearly strong enough evidence when you consider they won the Super Bowl last season, and have looked very strong again this season. You already knew these things though, but you decided to troll anyway. Go figure.

I suppose we own the Chargers too since we beat them in 2011?

Last edited:
Lions own a lot of teams

Great defense. I like our chances for super bowl run. Nobody believed me when I told them how good this defense could be. I am vindicated even with fairley, tulloch, bentley injuries

Lions own a lot of teams

Great defense. I like our chances for super bowl run. Nobody believed me when I told them how good this defense could be. I am vindicated even with fairley, tulloch, bentley injuries

You're just changing the subject now. Typical troll move. Carry on.

Asking Stafford to play mistake free football is indeed asking for the impossible. I don't think Dallas is any good..but they are at home and were not playing very good either. positive hughes is in the house today....we have a 37.5% chance to win.

And ink...we all realize that the last 50 years doenst mean anything....but weve certainly carried that tradition into this season. Whooped by NE, ARI, GB and CAR....all playoff teams. Gb was our only playoff team win. Wipe the record clean....how do we stack up against quality competition now? THis year and the last 50 years the answer has been the same....not good.

Offensively the Cowboys are much better than the Lions

QB Romo>Stafford
RB Murray > Bell + Bush
WR Dez + Williams < Calvin + Tate
TE Witten > 2 first round picks
OL Dallas >> Lions

Defensively the Lions are better. Lions 3rd in points per game allowed at 17.6. Dallas is 15th at 22.0

3 keys to the game IMO

1) Lions need to slow down the Dallas rushing attack. If Murray has 100+ yards they are in trouble.
2) Win the turnover battle
3) Stafford has to play better. He needs to complete over 65% of his passes and avoid his typical untimely INTs

I think all three need to happen for the Lions to win.

with warlord out you need a couple more >>> in there. I think our oline gets raped and pillaged tomorrow....happy feet Stafford will be in full penguin mode...all day.

I think the Lions have a decent shot in this game. I'm cautiously optimistic.

However, if this offense doesn't show up, and Stafford doesn't have a good game, it's time to start considering drafting a QB in the 2nd, 3rd round. He hasn't been pushed at all since he's been here. And we can't say he's a kid anymore. He's going into his 7th damn season with the Lions.

Back